$100K Caddy????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, $100K Caddy???? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101610 - Ray...
    rayainsw is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Re: $100K Caddy????

I'm all for the idea, but calling it ULS would be a big mistake. Call it Fleetwood or Eldorado Brougham or something. I really despise Cadillac's new naming system.

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If it gets a Northstar V-12, then they should call it the "Cadillac Twelve."

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nothing new where I am. XLR's start at $125,000.

Crozier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    $125,000???? What the hell? Is that $30,000+ in dealer markup? I think the USD/CAD exchange is about 1.22 CAD= $1 US . That SHOULD make the XLR about $94k. Does it cost more just to buy this car in Canada? Please fill me in on what's going on here. It sure does suck whatever the explanation!!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Gotta give em credit for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Crozier
    $125,000???? What the hell? Is that $30,000+ in dealer markup? I think the USD/CAD exchange is about 1.22 CAD= $1 US . That SHOULD make the XLR about $94k. Does it cost more just to buy this car in Canada? Please fill me in on what's going on here. It sure does suck whatever the explanation!!
    A DTS also starts at 70K! I know because my Dad bought a new one, hence, I got a good deal on the minty '91.

I think once they set a price it sticks, even though our dollar is at an all time high since about 1981 or so. You're right!!! That should bring the price down, but at least with Cadillac we are able to haggle off a good amount of money and all that is required is an enlightened salesman and a bit of psychology and toughness. Try that at a Lexus dealership.

The Viper I looked at last summer was $129,000

Honda Civics are $20-25,000

Accords start at $26,000

Base Devilles start at $55,000 and my salesman told me that's partly why they killed off the Buick Park Avenue, namely, people would just pay the same price and get a Cadillac.

I don't even want to imagine what a new STS-V would cost, but I could live with one if it's still under warrenty and no mods were made to it. I can't imagine ever finding a CTS-V in the future that won't have some sort of mod done to it.

EDIT: I discovered something new. The base Deville went UP two thousand dollars in two years! It also looks like they dropped the DTS two thousand dollars at the same time.

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehi...illac/deville/

The XLR is $103,400 (what the dealer that told me was obviously off) but when you factor in the 14% sales tax the total price is $117,876

http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehi.../xlr_mode.html

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Lutz is crazy. Cadillac's brand image is still in a state of healing from the quality issues of the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. For $100k, people would probably favor imports such as the BMW 760iL, A8 W12, and MB S600 Stick to the guns and revamp the Deville and Escalade. IMO, let the quality ratings increase for another ten years, then approach the $100k car market.

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph
    $100,000 USD down here.

That is why you dont see one of them in the street.
    And why the sales are sooooo slow.....

Mejia

I've seen over 15 to 20 XLR's on the street. Then again I used to live in South OC in California and now I work in a rich area in DFW Texas.
    The XLR has to be one of the top 10 best looking cars in the world. Especially in black!

Quote Originally Posted by MEJIA
    $100,000 USD down here.

That is why you dont see one of them in the street.
    And why the sales are sooooo slow.....

Mejia
    What is your dollar worth to the U.S. dollar? Just curious...

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I am all for a $100K Cadillac if it is a competitve car.
    Not merely a bigger longer car with the same electronics, materials, etc that
    are in CTSs and STSs.
    The leather, carpet, jewelry, engine, paint, wheels, etc. would all have to be of class leading quality.
    This car can not be used by Cadillac as a cash cow.
    If they want to use it as a profit center the way SUVs used to be it will be doomed to failure.
    It will have to have something of value to offer.

VW tried this with the Phaeton and got their a** handed to them.

Are you listening Cadillac?

Perhaps Cadillac should call it something else, like Packard or Cord or Auburn.
    I am sure they could be the rights to the names.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C
    Lutz is crazy. Cadillac's brand image is still in a state of healing from the quality issues of the 80s, 90s, and early 00s. For $100k, people would probably favor imports such as the BMW 760iL, A8 W12, and MB S600 Stick to the guns and revamp the Deville and Escalade. IMO, let the quality ratings increase for another ten years, then approach the $100k car market.
    Actually, I think the moves that the top GM brass( including Lutz) have been making with Cadillac is nothing short of " corporate brillance". GM went all out with this Cadillac comeback to be the " Standard of The World " again and the review's as well as the sales numbers clearly back up GM's results.

It is a wonderful lesson in doing things right and we are going to see more high end Cadillac's as GM has confirmed they have no intention on moving down market. Hence, a $100,000 Cadillac designed to appeal to those who make over $400,000 per year ( there are more people making that kind of money then most people think) is a smart move.

One other point. Cadillac has earned the right to be in this league of high end cars because Cadillac created this league before most of the high end cars we see today were even in business. Yes, they put out crap for about 20 years ( along with everything else with a GM logo on it) , but they admitied their mistakes , shock off the cob webs and got back to making the most desirable cars in the world. There is no stopping them, in 2 more years Cadillac will be the most sought after luxury car in the world.....:coolgleam

Quote Originally Posted by DG2
    Actually, I think the moves that the top GM brass( including Lutz) have been making with Cadillac is nothing short of " corporate brillance". GM went all out with this Cadillac comeback to be the " Standard of The World " again and the review's as well as the sales numbers clearly back up GM's results.

It is a wonderful lesson in doing things right and we are going to see more high end Cadillac's as GM has confirmed they have no intention on moving down market. Hence, a $100,000 Cadillac designed to appeal to those who make over $400,000 per year ( there are more people making that kind of money then most people think) is a smart move.

One other point. Cadillac has earned the right to be in this league of high end cars because Cadillac created this league before most of the high end cars we see today were even in business. Yes, they put out crap for about 20 years ( along with everything else with a GM logo on it) , but they admitied their mistakes , shock off the cob webs and got back to making the most desirable cars in the world. There is no stopping them, in 2 more years Cadillac will be the most sought after luxury car in the world.....:coolgleam

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C
    Lutz is crazy. Cadillac's brand image is still in a state of healing from the quality issues of the 80s, 90s, and early 00s.
    '80's, '90's and early 00's?

try late 70's and 80's

'90s is when things started getting back on track.. they just never pushed any sort of advertisment to throw the Cadillac name around like they are doing now.

I remember when I first got my '93 Coupe DeVille in May of '03... I was a Sophomore in HS, and when I told friends about the car, or brought a picture in, they were like "A Cadillac? why would you want on of those? should have got a Civic" and other comments.... even older folks, the brand wasn't recogonized at all..... today, everyone is like you have a Cadillac!?! then when they find out i have 2, they think I am really rich or something.... then I get the "sweet car" "thats pimp" and other "cool" comments... people look up to the Cadillac now, intead of down to it... and in the last 2 years, nothing changed on my 1993 DeVille to change the imagine around... .Cadillac as a whole is coming back....

the *only* thing I do not like is the names... they killed off names that have ment nothing but luxury ofr over 50 years in place of random 3 letters.. it sucks, it really does... and someone that spends $100k is not going to want to own a "Cadillac U-L-S" they will want to own a "Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham" or a "Cadillac Sixty Special" etc.... please! Lutz... if you are reading this stop the carniage of the 3-letter things... we DON'T need to be like MB/BMW!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.