$100K Caddy???? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, $100K Caddy???? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I dont like Cadillac's new model names, either. Too confusing. Except for the Sixteen. Thats pretty darn clean-cut. The Deville ...
    ragemanchoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: $100K Caddy????

I dont like Cadillac's new model names, either. Too confusing. Except for the Sixteen. Thats pretty darn clean-cut. The Deville is still called the Deville, right?

XLR is $100K+? :disappoin It has a V8, right? I cant remember.

Anybody know how much the Sixteen is going to cost or when its due out?

B4z: Shouldn't call it Packard -- Packard is about to start up again:

http://www.packardmotorcar.com/index.html

They really need to add some bigger, better photos on their site.

Crozier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ragemanchoo
    I dont like Cadillac's new model names, either. Too confusing. Except for the Sixteen. Thats pretty darn clean-cut. The Deville is still called the Deville, right?

XLR is $100K+? :disappoin It has a V8, right? I cant remember.

Anybody know how much the Sixteen is going to cost or when its due out?
    To answer a couple of your questions.

The Deville will no longer be the Deville in 2006. It will join the other ranks of the new naming system and be the 'DTS'

The XLR is about $70k. It does have the 320hp Northstar engine. The XLR-V is due to be unveiled pretty soon here. It'll probably be around $90k and have the supercharged Northstar at @ 440hp.

The Sixteen will not be made. It was a concept only. If there is a 100K+ Caddy in the future, it will be something that we've not seen yet. Kinda exciting.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Quote Originally Posted by b4z
    VW tried this with the Phaeton and got their a** handed to them.

Are you listening Cadillac?

well , it might have been because there trying to sell a car for 80k that is made by the same folks who brought us the original "peoples car" the VW bug .....

Its be like trying to sell a 60,000 dollar hyundai right now ....

D-town lac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the 93 allante was about $70k when new im sure that is close to 100k in todays $

i'll correct myself: 9-92 road and track as tested price: $65,723

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

I would personally love to see this "ULS" take shape in a few years, because if it's anything like the Fleetwood Brougham, chances are I'll own one in 15, 20 years (proactive thinking). The name ULS is just plain boring though. Big engine like a V12, now that would be slick. Of course, RWD, it would have to be. Big ol' hood ornament, chrome all over the place, now we're talking about a Caddy! Personally, I'd love to see a Cadillac that could just plain destroy a 750il or a 560 SLE!

Brian

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thu "ULS" ? Sounds like a tevevision frequency. Why don't they just call it the TWELVE. It worked for the SIXTEEN.

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

ULS is a retarded name for a car, they need a name thats catchy like "escalade" or "phantom" and rich people will be all over them.

zeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by El Dobro
    Thu "ULS" ? Sounds like a tevevision frequency. Why don't they just call it the TWELVE. It worked for the SIXTEEN.
    i like that... "12"

majax is offline 32V Northstar

How about 14 because it is 2 times as better than the 7series?

bobbythebuilder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I LOVE the idea for the $100+++ Caddy. Yes, I also HATE the name ULS, sounds like some kind of bladder problem. I have heard this from all over, but Cadillac had some great names, they shouldn't be so ashamed of their past!

Here's my idea for the ULS (yeccchhhh!) no, the Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham D'Elegance. That V12 we hear of, maybe the Northstar with 4 extra cylinders, if that'll work. 500 HP min. and GOBS of torque! Rear-drive, 5speed or more trans. Styling MUST be great. Try to err on the FLASHY side! Inside-go for the plush fur mouton carpeting like on a Bentley Azure. Great wood all over the dash and doors. Where the wood ends, leather begins, leather-covered dash, doors, console, headliner and leather seats that are ALL leather-headrests,sides,backs are ALL LEATHER! Make that interior flashy! (Too bad "bling" is soooo worn out! Or I'd say interior with bl**g!) For the audio/video go for an over-the-top Bose system or get someone else, like how Lexus dumped Nakamichi for Mark Levinson. Whatever it is, make it WAY over the top! Then copy down the Ultra package or whatever they call it for the LS430, with all the seat massagers and rear stereo/mini fridge. . . ! Top it off with some AWESOME paint-even go two-tone like the Maybach! Sell it for $150-$175K!

This car would be great, when you look at the German competitors, the BMW 7, Benz S-Class mainly, with the Audi A8 close by. Oh yeah, the VW Phaeton, too! These cars, while being mechanically great, (especially the 500hp Twin-Turbo V12 S600-that's what I call TORQUE!) as far as looks and eye catching ability are BORING! The awesome S600 looks the exact same as an S430 from 10 feet away. The BMW 7 is still UGLY, with the still nearly impossible I-drive. Jags- better in the "eye catching" department and actually now a truly great use of ALUMINUM (what Audi was shooting for with the A8 a few years back!) but the Jag can't match the firepower of the Germans, and is still under $100K. Lexus and Infiniti- too far under $100K, too. Lexus LS430 is also a GREAT car, with GREAT build and reliability, but is also not a very daring design, not an eye catcher!

Furthermore, as far as quality, the Germans have been slipping and if you look back at some of the ratings-look at Consumer Reports, they do a ridiculously complex used car quality survey, Benz and Bimmer have never been as perfect as a Honda! Look at Lexus' ratings, they're nearly perfect! Caddy's getting very good. Yet, the BIG point-have you ever known a Rolls-Royce or Bentley owner? They aren't in the "Lexus Department" as far as quality, they require quite a bit of pricey maintenance. The key is that the owner's don't mind! They'll either have it picked up from the house by the dealer or have someone take it in. (Well, I'm sure SOME RR/Bentley owners take them in themselves-probably the older ones, bought second-hand!) As long as Caddy gives their current quality level or better, (They are actually doing quite well anyway!) quality will be fine.

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Making a super high end luxury car will boost the image and prestige of Cadillac as a whole. They'll be able to charge more for all the lesser vehicles because they're Cadillacs, and Cadillac makes the ULS. Tons of profit from that alone even if the ULS itself loses a bit. Price a 375hp global V8 version at 75k and an 500hp XV12 northstar at 100, then either a Cien type 750hp XV12 or a supercharged version at 120k or so.

Maybe Bose suspention will be working and compact enough to use by then too.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Making a super high end luxury car will boost the image and prestige of Cadillac as a whole. They'll be able to charge more for all the lesser vehicles because they're Cadillacs, and Cadillac makes the ULS. Tons of profit from that alone even if the ULS itself loses a bit. Price a 375hp global V8 version at 75k and an 500hp XV12 northstar at 100, then either a Cien type 750hp XV12 or a supercharged version at 120k or so.

Maybe Bose suspention will be working and compact enough to use by then too.
    Well, the bigger the vehicle like this, the higher the profit margin, usually. I like the idea of supercharging, turbos just seem so "european." But if they wanna compete with the 7-Series, they've got their work cut out for them. But look at how the STS did compared to the 545i, I'd say a little more work and they'll have it.

Brian

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.