Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac News: Cadillac confirms 420-hp twin-turbo V6 for 2014 CTS [w/videos]

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  thebigjimsho 
#1 ·
Filed under: New York Auto Show, Sedan, Performance, Technology, Cadillac, GM, Luxury

The 2014 Cadillac CTS will break cover next week at the New York Auto Show, but Cadillac has released a few details of what we can expect to find under the car's hood. As we saw in some spy shots back in January, the biggest news for the midsize Caddy will be a twin-turbocharged V6 producing a whopping 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque.

This engine will be paired to a new eight-speed automatic transmission, which will help balance performance and fuel economy. We still don't know how much the 2014 CTS has grown in terms of size and weight, but when paired with a new eight-speed transmission, General Motors says that new sedan will return 17 miles per gallon in the city and 25 mpg highway with the new engine to go with a 0-60 mile per hour time of 4.6 seconds - that means the new CTS will have the fuel economy close to the current base model sedan and acceleration not too far from the current CTS-V. General Motors also confirmed that this twin-turbo V6 will be available in the 2014 XTS this fall.

The next-generation CTS will carry over the 3.6-liter V6 from the current car (likely as a base engine) and also add the 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinder from the ATS. Check out all the details on this new engine and watch a few videos (including GM's nifty tilt rig) by scrolling below.Continue reading Cadillac confirms 420-hp twin-turbo V6 for 2014 CTS [w/videos]
Cadillac confirms 420-hp twin-turbo V6 for 2014 CTS [w/videos] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 18 Mar 2013 11:07:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

See less See more
#2 ·
That might make the XTS worth buying.....

#5 ·
One word: WOW

A few more: it's obvious Cadillac is deadly serious about competing hard. This is awesome news and shows that the CTS will do VERY well against 550i, even with it's HP bump to 440 for 2014 the 5 is far north of 4000 lbs. Against E400 (E550 is discontinued for 2014) its a slamdunk. Lexus GS and Audi A6 have nothing comparable -- tho Audi has S6 (that will be more CTS-v competitor).

I'll jump over to ATS forum, but this is fantastic news also for ATS-v.

#7 ·
One word: WOW

A few more: it's obvious Cadillac is deadly serious about competing hard. This is awesome news and shows that the CTS will do VERY well against 550i, even with it's HP bump to 440 for 2014 the 5 is far north of 4000 lbs. Against E400 (E550 is discontinued for 2014) its a slamdunk. Lexus GS and Audi A6 have nothing comparable -- tho Audi has S6 (that will be more CTS-v competitor).

I'll jump over to ATS forum, but this is fantastic news also for ATS-v.
The A6 has a supercharged 6 cyl...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.