Cadillac News: Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By DG2
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013 in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Concept Cars , Cadillac , Luxury During an event for media at Pebble Beach , Cadillac design maestro ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013

Filed under: Concept Cars, Cadillac, Luxury

During an event for media at Pebble Beach, Cadillac design maestro Clay Dean said it was time for the brand to "reflect back not for nostalgia, but what made us great at the time." The visual aids provided with the statement were two teaser images of a concept car that will be revealed at an auto show in 2013.

Looking like it received input from Speed Racer and the Mach 1, the front has lines that could be high exaggerations of the Ciel concept. Dean gave no indication what kind of Cadillac this might be, only that will begin to crystallize the brand's new informal philosophy of "American glamour meets American technology."Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

John_R is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Forum View Post
    Filed under: Concept Cars, Cadillac, Luxury

During an event for media at Pebble Beach, Cadillac design maestro Clay Dean said it was time for the brand to "reflect back not for nostalgia, but what made us great at the time." The visual aids provided with the statement were two teaser images of a concept car that will be revealed at an auto show in 2013.

Looking like it received input from Speed Racer and the Mach 1, the front has lines that could be high exaggerations of the Ciel concept. Dean gave no indication what kind of Cadillac this might be, only that will begin to crystallize the brand's new informal philosophy of "American glamour meets American technology."Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

Yes I have seen that also, got me thinking it looks so much like the Ciel concept, which leads me to guess if this might be the new Eldorado. It does have the design lines resemble the Eldorado generation from 1971-78.

Attached below are newer pictures.

Cadillac_Glamour_Concept[3].jpgCadillac_Glamour_Concept_2[3].jpgCadillac_Glamour_Concept_3[3].jpg

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    All I can say is OMG! That rear end is beautiful. This is what I'm talking about Cadillac! This is a Cadillac not these XTS's and ATS's!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    All I can say is OMG! That rear end is beautiful. This is what I'm talking about Cadillac! This is a Cadillac not these XTS's and ATS's!
    Yeah, right...

Look more closely. It has the same contour line running above the trunk that the ATS has. They're all Cadillacs. Get over it...

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

I like the ATS, but that looks NOTHING like the ATS. Plus it's way bigger...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

it is a Rolls Royce Drophead coupe level

BEarle is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Yeah, right...

Look more closely. It has the same contour line running above the trunk that the ATS has. They're all Cadillacs. Get over it...
    They are all Cadillacs, BUT Cadillac needs to starting building cars like the CIEL and the glamor concept and get back to building pieces of art like the 50s,60s and 70s cars. I like the XTS and ATS but they are too subtle to me, They need more designs like CTS V coupe.....

Quote Originally Posted by BEarle View Post
    They are all Cadillacs, BUT Cadillac needs to starting building cars like the CIEL and the glamor concept and get back to building pieces of art like the 50s,60s and 70s cars. I like the XTS and ATS but they are too subtle to me, They need more designs like CTS V coupe.....
    THAT I agree with. It's just that cars like the XTS and ATS being sold worldwide allows for cars like this...

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    I like the ATS, but that looks NOTHING like the ATS. Plus it's way bigger...
    If you took all badges off this concept and an ATS, would you think they're both Cadillacs? You bet. They have similar characteristics. Enough!

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

I didn't say it didn't look like a Cadillac, it just doesn't look like an ATS....

Foo.
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

DG2
    DG2 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Stunning. This car has the makings of The Standard of the World written all over it. While only a tease I am drooling

GooseDaPlaymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS 3.6L

WOW. It's a good time to be a member of the Cadillac family...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.