Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac News: Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  GooseDaPlaymaker 
#1 ·
Filed under: Concept Cars, Cadillac, Luxury

During an event for media at Pebble Beach, Cadillac design maestro Clay Dean said it was time for the brand to "reflect back not for nostalgia, but what made us great at the time." The visual aids provided with the statement were two teaser images of a concept car that will be revealed at an auto show in 2013.

Looking like it received input from Speed Racer and the Mach 1, the front has lines that could be high exaggerations of the Ciel concept. Dean gave no indication what kind of Cadillac this might be, only that will begin to crystallize the brand's new informal philosophy of "American glamour meets American technology."Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
[h=6][/h]Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013

Filed under: Concept Cars, Cadillac, Luxury

During an event for media at Pebble Beach, Cadillac design maestro Clay Dean said it was time for the brand to "reflect back not for nostalgia, but what made us great at the time." The visual aids provided with the statement were two teaser images of a concept car that will be revealed at an auto show in 2013.

Looking like it received input from Speed Racer and the Mach 1, the front has lines that could be high exaggerations of the Ciel concept. Dean gave no indication what kind of Cadillac this might be, only that will begin to crystallize the brand's new informal philosophy of "American glamour meets American technology."Cadillac teases a "glamour" concept to be revealed in 2013 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

Yes I have seen that also, got me thinking it looks so much like the Ciel concept, which leads me to guess if this might be the new Eldorado. It does have the design lines resemble the Eldorado generation from 1971-78.

Attached below are newer pictures.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Luxury vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Sports car

#5 ·

I like the ATS, but that looks NOTHING like the ATS. Plus it's way bigger...

#7 ·
thebigjimsho said:
Yeah, right...

Look more closely. It has the same contour line running above the trunk that the ATS has. They're all Cadillacs. Get over it...
They are all Cadillacs, BUT Cadillac needs to starting building cars like the CIEL and the glamor concept and get back to building pieces of art like the 50s,60s and 70s cars. I like the XTS and ATS but they are too subtle to me, They need more designs like CTS V coupe.....

#10 ·

I didn't say it didn't look like a Cadillac, it just doesn't look like an ATS....

Foo.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.