Cadillac News: Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during autocr
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during autocr in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Performance , Wagon , Videos , Cadillac , Luxury So many things can go wrong before a wedding ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during autocr

Filed under: Performance, Wagon, Videos, Cadillac, Luxury

So many things can go wrong before a wedding that a entire movie and reality television genres have been created because of it. An unintentionally exploding side-curtain airbag is probably low on the list, put that's the unlikely snafu that caught out driver Brad Doerr.

Doerr was, though, doing an unlikely thing just a couple hours in advance of his wedding: autocrossing his Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon. Doerr was also an unlikely victim: he's a General Motors engineer, who, with his now wife, was crossing the country in the Cadillac with the Hot Rod Power Tour. The inadvertent deployment happened at the end of the run when Doerr said he was doing about 1.9 G, but having not suffered an accident, he still has no idea why it happened. The deployment even triggered an OnStar emergency call. We're guessing it has something to do with the stability control

A local dealer loaned the now-married Doerrs a Chevrolet Impala to continue their trip. He'll probably think twice before autocrossing it. Scroll down to check out the video.Continue reading Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during autocross run
    Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during autocross run originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 06 Jun 2012 14:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    He's a GM engineer and he's calling the V a piece of shit? Yikes.

Also, .9 g is more accurate. Not 1.9...

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid
    At least it wasn't the full airbag system.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cadillac News: Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during au

doesn't look like he was pulling many G's at all when it happened ... .9 seems like a lot of G-force for the maneuver he was doing when the bags went off

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...uto-cross.html
    ^^ original thread from the owner ^^
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I'm not saying it was even .9g. More like NOT fighter jet g forces, like 1.9g...

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cadillac News: Watch GM engineer's Cadillac CTS-V wagon blow its airbag during au

Oh, gotcha
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

V-swagon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1985 Fleetwood Brougham, 2002 DTS, 2011 CTS-V wagon
    I know I'm getting into this conversation several months late, but I was in the vender isle just after he blew the bags. He pulled up to the GM both wanting to talk somebody at GM. Apparently during his maneuvers during the course, the yall sensors thought the car was going to roll over and popped the curtain air bags. I'm guessing he exceeded the perimeters. I've heard the the Camaro ZL1 was have similar issues but were recalibrated to avoid this issue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.