Cadillac News: 2014 Cadillac CTS grows to compete with BMW 5 Series
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: 2014 Cadillac CTS grows to compete with BMW 5 Series in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Detroit Auto Show , Spy Photos , Sedan , Cadillac , Luxury The Cadillac CTS has always been ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: 2014 Cadillac CTS grows to compete with BMW 5 Series

Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Spy Photos, Sedan, Cadillac, Luxury

The Cadillac CTS has always been a bit of a anomaly in the luxury segment, spanning the space between the entry-level BMW 3 Series/Mercedes-Benz C-Class/Audi A4 and mid-size 5 Series/E-Class/A6. But with the introduction of the 2013 Cadillac ATS, the CTS has room to grow, and based on these first set of spy shots, it's doing just that.

Based off a stretched version of the Alpha platform that's underpinning its smaller sibling, the 2014 CTS' wheelbase is likely to grow a few inches, affording rear seat passengers up to 40 inches of leg room. While the front overhangs are still short and will continue on with Cadillac's Art and Science design motif with angular headlamps that stretch up the front fenders, the rear will likely extend a bit further back, maximizing trunk room in the process.

It's expected that the base engine will continue to be a V6, but churning out something in the neighborhood of 350 horsepower, possibly through the use of forced induction. The current six-speed automatic will likely be swapped in favor of a new eight-speed auto 'box to keep up with the rest of the luxury set.

If we had to place bets, we'd put our money on the 2014 CTS debuting at the Detroit Auto Show next year, with sales beginning late in 2013.2014 Cadillac CTS grows to compete with BMW 5 Series originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Cadillac News: 2014 Cadillac CTS grows to compete with BMW 5 Series

Just in time for my next lease due in 2014.
    I am holding my breath on the engine choices and model variants (coupe, convertible, wagon?)...

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

Re: Cadillac News: 2014 Cadillac CTS grows to compete with BMW 5 Series

This might be my next car if it looks great! I like room inside and the current CTS is just too small for my taste.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.