2006 Deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 2006 Deville in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Msilva954 I will admit that I like the layout of the STS and CTS interiors, but come ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2006 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Msilva954
    I will admit that I like the layout of the STS and CTS interiors, but come on 60g's are alot for any car.....let alone one that has an abundant use of rock hard plastic......yes the wood is nice....but I can get a wood kit for $300 from many places.....

Heck the new Infiniti M45 is gonna take the class leading position in the mid luxo class............NO QUESTIONS ASKED.........look at the interior....work of art...
    To be fair to the STS, there is more wood on the dash than the XLR. Want to talk about rock hard plastic, take a look at what BMW is using for dash material on the X3 for example. It's a coarse, black, rough and cheap looking material that would be a nightmare to clean, or even dust due to the little ridges on the surface. I don't even think you could dust it, you'd probably need a bristle brush or toothbrush to get dust out of the dimples, etc.

There is a lot of plastic on every new vehicle, but the STS's and other Cadillacs don't appear, or feel cheap with theirs IMO. The colors are nice too, not this monotone blacklung BS.

German interiors I've seen are very cold and black, like they have no heart or personality. Case in point, my Fiance wanted to check out the X3, and I felt like I was sitting in an upright coffin ready to be buried. If you want a decent interior on a German car you'd have to spend more for a 5 series and up. I wasn't that impressed with the 5 series either too much. Even the Z3 has the cheapest looking dash and interior! Have you felt the leather on the new Z3's? They may as well call it sandpaper because that's what it feels and looks like.

Haven't seen the M45 because they don't sell upscale rice in my city.

Now, which of these two interiors would you rather look at day in day out and not get depressed looking at it. Hint, NOT the BMW's I would hope!

FuneralCoach is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kdaddy
    There has to be some better pics for the 06 Deville than the ones from the spy report web site! Also, The 06 Deville I'm assuming is probably going to be a "restyle" rather than a "redesign".
    The hearse builders will get a few 2006 DeVilles early in order to make modifications to their fiberglass shells/caps. A gentleman at a hearse factory in Ohio told me this will probably be next month or in January. I hope to acquire a couple of spy photos to post to this forum. The limo builders will also receive a couple of DeVilles so they can make the necessary modifications to their designs.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Of course I understand where everyones coming from, believe me, we arent gonna buy another BMW when this warrenty ends.....their direction is new and nice, but IMO the interiors are going a few notches back......

now Ralph, cmon I know you better then that for you to compare a base X3 30,000 interior to a top of the line 60,000 Caddy STS.....

While the STS is a good car I cant say its great but then again I would never spend that kind of money on a car that I know will loose over 25% of its value by year end bought.........and IMO the pics make the interior look quite abit better then the actual car does in person...'

Onto the M45.......you may call it rice but 340hp aint half bad in that car and Infiniti makes the nicest rice you can get....again IMO........but fact is I would also never buy one....

So to settle this......my next car will not be an STS, M45 or any of the other cars mentioned...........mine will be a 95' Fleetwood....purple....airbags.....15"centerlines. ....3" old school whitewalls..........supercharger........nuff said...hehe

now Ralph, cmon I know you better then that for you to compare a base X3 30,000 interior to a top of the line 60,000 Caddy STS.....

While the STS is a good car I cant say its great but then again I would never spend that kind of money on a car that I know will loose over 25%
    Those little X3's are over $50,000! Cdn. So there isn't that much price difference, but the colors should not be so bland for that kind of money. I would pay extra just for the colorful, lighter Caddy interior.

I couldn't find my ideal seating position in the new 5 series either!

If I plan on keeping a car like I do for years, I don't care about depreciation, but I'll wager that these new Caddies with good rated quality will hold value better than ever before. If not, it's because people have the old 1980's stereotype of Cadillac quality in their feeble minds, and are too stubborn to educate themselves or change.

Onto the M45.......you may call it rice but 340hp aint half bad
    That just means it's powerful rice, but nonetheless, RICE.

^^^^true.........haha................dont know the Canadian exchange but Ive seen the X3 going for around 29,000 american like the one you showed...which is the cheapest they offer, with the cheap carbon fiber wanna be stuff.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

"rock hard plastic......yes the wood is nice....but I can get a wood kit for $300 from many places"

It's better than wood kit wood its real. Plastics make it possible! you cannot avoid plastic its everywhene its just so practicle and if you use good stuff it lasts.

Of course you cannot avoid plastics, but again for 60k it should be soft touch plastic/rubber style........I mean 35k cadillacs like mine from the early 90's didnt have one hard surface inside them......why not use the same process but with texture???? If Ford can do that in the F150, RX8 and so on...id imagine GM can do it with high end cars such as the STS.

Of course you cannot avoid plastics, but again for 60k it should be soft touch plastic/rubber style........I mean 35k cadillacs like mine from the early 90's didnt have one hard surface inside them......why not use the same process but with texture???? If Ford can do that in the F150, RX8 and so on...id imagine GM can do it with high end cars such as the STS.
    But then people would just complain it's "too soft."

EXACTLY.......spot on there Ralph, can never please everyone at the same time.....thats just the truth aint it!!!

Sorta off topic though, but Id love to see Cadillac make a "Cadillac Individual" just like BMW has and what Mercedes has "Designo"........where a customer could order the car with custom paint and interiors.....Id love to have a deep plum caddy with deep plum leather and white trim.......::drools::

Id love to see Cadillac make a "Cadillac Individual" just like BMW has and what Mercedes has "Designo"........where a customer could order the car with custom paint and interiors..
    That's a really good idea for Cadillac!! Who gave it to you?

huh>??? lol....just something they should do to become a serious premium brand.....when we bought the BMW they gave us a ordering book with all the info on the Individual ordering and they offer something like 40 different unique colors, from tangerine to Turquise......same colors go for the interior too, w/ alcantara and napa leather.....and accessories like mini fridges and TV's in the head rest......all from the factory.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

They prob will soon.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I will admit BMWs interiors have gone to crap since they got "Bangled", but the Germans in general still have some of the most beautiful interiors on the market. The A8, Phaeton and E and S500 are examples of this. But with the new DTS interior pictures weve seen, I think Cadillac is definitely going in the right direction.

Ralph, come on now, that picture was of BMWs cheapest X3, a vehicle which I have more than a little contempt for I mean come on, the base model has black plastic bumpers, a trait it shares with its downmarket friend... the Honda Element.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.