2013 Cadillac Lineup at a Glance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Amphibian
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 2013 Cadillac Lineup at a Glance in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Cadillac ATS: The first alpha platform General Motors vehicle will debute in 2012 as a 2013 model. The name is ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Post 2013 Cadillac Lineup at a Glance

Cadillac ATS: The first alpha platform General Motors vehicle will debute in 2012 as a 2013 model. The name is not quite set in stone as of yet - but we're expecting ATS. We'll most likely see a four cylinder as the standard engine with a turbo as an option. Production is currently planned to begin in July of 2012.

Cadillac CTS: The CTS was originally slated for a minor refreshing for the 2013 model. However, 2012 saw a minor update so this may have been cancelled.

Cadillac Escalade: No major changes are planned at this point in time as a completely new model will be launching in late 2013 as a 2014 model.

Cadillac SRX: Amongst other minor tweaks, expect to see an all new interior including General Motor's new capacitive touch center stack.

Cadillac XTS: The XTS may be seen as early as Spring of 2012 as a 2013 model. The 3.6 liter DI V6 will power the car until the following year when the twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 is launched. The XTS will be using the new capacitive touch center stack along with several new technologies including an all new infotainment system/interface and an all LCD gauge cluster such as that found in the Chevrolet Volt.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: 2013 Cadillac Lineup at a Glance

Ugh. Capacative touch. Reminds me of when car stereos in the 90s replaced the knob with buttons. People hated it and they went back to knobs.

Otherwise, it will be a nice boost for dealers.

Tony won't be thrilled either. I guess we'll have to see how it goes.. I have a feeling it'll be a short-lived fad...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Ugh. Capacative touch. Reminds me of when car stereos in the 90s replaced the knob with buttons. People hated it and they went back to knobs.

Otherwise, it will be a nice boost for dealers.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

No behemoth Caddy. Cadillac gained notoriety in the world for being the biggest and the best. Now it is just mid-size and watered down...

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Is there a larger version of that image?

DouglasJRizzo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 hearse, 1976 hearse

I guess I "should" be excited, but frankly, it leaves me cold. Reminds me of the 80s when GM was busy building electro-winky dashes and other doo dads while the cars fell apart and got lighter (read flimsier) by the minute. There just doesn't seem to be much substance to these vehicles, and Escalades don't do it for me.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Cadillac XTS: The XTS may be seen as early as Spring of 2012 as a 2013 model. The 3.6 liter DI V6 will power the car until the following year when the twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 is launched. The XTS will be using the new capacitive touch center stack along with several new technologies including an all new infotainment system/interface and an all LCD gauge cluster such as that found in the Chevrolet Volt.
    This should put Cadillac right up there with the Hyundai Equus that also has an optional V8. Oh wait Cadillac won't even offer that anymore. In that case this should put Cadillac right up there with KIA.

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Am I reading this right? The top of the line Cadillac doesn't have a V8? Good god...

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    This should put Cadillac right up there with the Hyundai Equus that also has an optional V8. Oh wait Cadillac won't even offer that anymore. In that case this should put Cadillac right up there with KIA.
    I'm not your friend anymore and I'm banning you forever since you don't know that Kia is getting a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan with a V8.

Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDevilleRob View Post
    Am I reading this right? The top of the line Cadillac doesn't have a V8? Good god...
    The top of the line Cadillac is now a truck. It still has a V8.

The GOOD news is for the second year of the XTS, it'll have a very powerful twin turbo 3.0 liter V6. It may not sound like a V8 but it'll perform like one.

Rodya234 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1998 Seville STS / 2013 Chevrolet Impala

I'm not disappointed at all that the XTS won't have a V8. There's no need for another FWD V8 car, they've been building those since 1985. And even with AWD the platform would probably be too front heavy with a V8.

That being said, if and when this RWD "Omega" platform car ever comes to fruition, it should have an eight.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Is there a larger version of that image?
    I don't think so. It just seemed to be the best representation of the old Riviera/Reatta touchscreen console that I could Google.

That said, I don't really mind there not being a V8 as long as the power is there and many of these new V6s are more than capable of matching previous gen V8s in output; the new CTS produces 318hp/275tq naturally aspirated while the northstar in the current DTS produces only 292hp/288tq (and that's the Platinum edition, lesser DTSs make do with 275hp). What really bothers me is it being FWD.

Amphibian is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Notacadillac

The SRX and ATS are worth being excited for!
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

Harry_Wild is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Sedandeville

The touch screen is the same as those of the smartphones and those of the national networks use for illustrations. If you every use an iphone; you will like the capacitive screen - that is if it has an up to date CPU in it and no bugs in the software. If it is slow and non responsive; then I am with you on back to the knobs and pushbuttons.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

metal knobs ftw..... unless we get an android car, then I'll take a touch stack.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.