Cadillac News: Spy Shots: Latest Cadillac XTS prototype caught inside and out
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Spy Shots: Latest Cadillac XTS prototype caught inside and out in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Spy Photos , Sedan , Cadillac , Luxury Cadillac XTS spy shots - Click above for high-res image ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Spy Shots: Latest Cadillac XTS prototype caught inside and out

Filed under: Spy Photos, Sedan, Cadillac, Luxury

Cadillac XTS spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

We've seen spy photos of Cadillac's upcoming XTS before, but only from far away. Now, our intrepid spy photographers have managed to get up-close and personal with the new Caddy flagship, giving us a sneak peak at the sedan's interior in the process.

Based on the XTS Platinum concept shown at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show, this new Cadillac sedan will replace both the STS and DTS within the automaker's lineup. This way, the current entry-level CTS can move slightly upmarket to allow for a new, smaller ATS sedan (alphabet soup, we know) that is slated to arrive in the summer of 2012. The XTS is expected to use the same Epsilon II platform that underpins the Buick LaCrosse, and we expect both front- and all-wheel-drive variants to be available.

A quick glimpse at this prototype's interior shows that it will be very similarly designed to the CTS, though we certainly hope that higher-quality materials will be in place. (Let's be honest - the CTS' interior was fine for 2008, but it's ready for an update). Other new details spotted on this test car include a set of Brembo brakes up front (is an XTS-V in the works?) and large, 19-ish-inch wheels. See the full slate of photos in our high-res image gallery below.

Gallery: Cadillac XTS: Spy Shots

[Sources: Jeremy Kupfer/Brenda Priddy & Company]Spy Shots: Latest Cadillac XTS prototype caught inside and out originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 11 Mar 2011 16:31:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

meniisoc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Cadillac News: Spy Shots: Latest Cadillac XTS prototype caught inside and out

It looks like a cheap lexus!
    They should learn from audi and bmw designers how to design and build exclusive cars.
    They are clearly lost, and are trying to run the last piece of cadillac into the ground.
    Not just copy/paste a car design from japan, and build it from the cheapest materials around.
    Come on.
    And then the timeframe.
    Around 2013? 2014? 2015?
    Look at the current dts and sts, dating back to what it looks like, the previous century.
    Who takes cadillac serious with their current models and "future" "designs"?
    cadillac updates their models every 10-20 years.
    A serious brand updates it every 3 years, and evolves their designs.
    My STS V8 is probably my last cadillac ever.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Re: Cadillac News: Spy Shots: Latest Cadillac XTS prototype caught inside and out

Maybe Audi they can learn from, but BMW? If your not a BMW nut, you can't tell when they update their designs. Also in my opinion, BMW is running on past greatness. There is zero lexus in this design. Maybe the general shape of the car, but all cars these days generally look the same. I will agree they need to get the ball rolling on getting new cars out, and I'm not sure what they are thinking, but I hope they are thinking something.

nguyennhatquang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS, 2004 Mercedes C200K, V Coupe, BMW 750li

i don't think they should cheat custommer again by building a BIG BUICK, badge it as Cadillac, some update interiol, some plus feature.
    if it not RWD, it is the waste of money in this car.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

This car is not intended to be permanent. AFAIK, it will be a stopgap until a proper rwd full size is built. If the production version is very close to the concept, it will get some fantastic reviews in terms of interior refinement and style.

Are STS not available in Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by meniisoc View Post
    It looks like a cheap lexus!
    They should learn from audi and bmw designers how to design and build exclusive cars.
    They are clearly lost, and are trying to run the last piece of cadillac into the ground.
    Not just copy/paste a car design from japan, and build it from the cheapest materials around.
    Come on.
    And then the timeframe.
    Around 2013? 2014? 2015?
    Look at the current dts and sts, dating back to what it looks like, the previous century.
    Who takes cadillac serious with their current models and "future" "designs"?
    cadillac updates their models every 10-20 years.
    A serious brand updates it every 3 years, and evolves their designs.
    My STS V8 is probably my last cadillac ever.
    Your STS looks like something from the previous century? The STS shares the 1st gen A&S design language. That is this century, dude. The STS should have received an update, Ill agree, but I believe the STS will be fazed out and replaced by the 3rd gen CTS. I can see how youd think the STS will have lingering on in a tired form...
    What I cant see is any part of the car in that photo that looks like a Lexus. Or a Cadillac. Or a Mitsubishi. Or anything other then 4 wheels draped in what looks to be a patchwork tent.

in Viet Nam most of people ride SLS. But it is very expensive. The rear seat of it look like the VIP seat for Boeing.
    2 separate Seat. SLS V8 can cost around 250.000$ or more or lower depend on the option when it brand new (of course include tax)

The SLS only comes as a 4 seater...2 captains chairs in the rear? Are they powered? Heated/Cooled? Can the left and right passengers move the seats independently of each other?
    In N.America, we didnt get the SLS...its basically a longer STS right? Id love to know more about this car...

yes the SLS comes with 4 seates. the Base SLS the rear look like S550 normal.
    the Full option SLS the rear look like S550 Full option. you can adjust both rear seat by the button in the door. Full massage for 4 seat, not only the lumbar massage like my deville. I don't know about the option of the STS.
    the SLS has leather cover DASH, it look very luxury. i haven't seat in the STS before so i don't know, but when u compare the SLS beside the S550, it almost the same. If you sit in the right rear seat, you have power to adjust the front passenger seat. yeah it is a very nice luxury car and strong car. And the most important is it is RWD car.
    SLS now have 3.6 compare with S350 and 4.6 compare with S550. i don't know the SLS have supercharger from STS-V option or not. may be if you purchane directly from manufaturer they will install it for u, because in China, Cadillac is well-know for custom the car. You can buy the car with whatever option you want, so people love it more than benz. in Mercedes, you can only select the option from the List of the manufacturer. you can't chose what you want. i love the A/C of Lac, because in my country or event China. you can't use the Fresh air. you must you the recirculated button. but if you put this button for long time, you will feel very tired. so Lac have Oxygen plus in there. the Oxygen bottle in the rear trunk so you can change it when it end. it is very useful option i don't know why benz don't have it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.