Cadillac News: Chicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition is
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Chicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition is in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Chicago Auto Show , Performance , Wagon , Cadillac , GM , Luxury 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Chicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition is

Filed under: Chicago Auto Show, Performance, Wagon, Cadillac, GM, Luxury

2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition - Click above for high-res image gallery

General Motors is showing off its sexy new Cadillac Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Sport Wagon at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show, complete with its exotic SpectraFlair paint and snazzy yellow brake calipers. As you may recall, GM partnered up with JDSU for the special hue, and each Black Diamond Edition Caddy gets a three-coat paint process. Along with the shiny stuff, Cadillac bolted on a set of Satin Graphite 19-inch wheels that help make those wild calipers pop in a big way, and the interior makes use of plenty of micro suede and special wood accents.

The combined effect is one very sinister long-roof.

Prices for the gussied-up CTS-V coupe start at $70,490, which is a $4,850 premium over the run-of-the-mill V. Worth it? We'll just say that this machine is one of the few at this year's Chicago Auto Show that has earned a presence on our 'most wanted' list.

Gallery: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition: Chicago 2011

Photos copyright (C)2011 Zach Bowman / AOLChicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Edition is drool-worthy darkness originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Amphibian is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Notacadillac

Re: Cadillac News: Chicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Editio

It's so pretty!

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac News: Chicago 2011: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Sport Wagon Black Diamond Editio

This might be my new favorite paint. Previously it was Cadillac's white diamond...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

CTS-V Sport Hatchback*

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i wonder what took them so long to bring this paint to market... the white diamond was obviously such a great hit since 2000 or so
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I had a 1995 white diamond ETC that turned heads like insanity...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It annoys me how all the outlets are reporting that the Black Diamond Edition is "$4,850 more than a regular CTS-V", which makes it sound like the paint is adding a ton to the price.

Recaros, Matte wheels, yellow calipers and wood trim cost $4,800 on a "normal" V, so the paint is actually only adding $50. Basically it's a no cost limited paint job that only comes with one combination of options.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

That is quite stupid actually.

It's still a hatchback though.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX

That's bad?

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    That is quite stupid actually.

It's still a hatchback though.
    I'm not sure why I feel like correcting you, but I do.

Roofline, plus having a, b, c, and d pillars = wagon.

Unless this is some stupid "all squares are rhomuses" thing.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

I usually prefer a plain to a metallic or pearl black....will have to see in person to decide if I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by brothleutner View Post
    I'm not sure why I feel like correcting you, but I do.

Roofline, plus having a, b, c, and d pillars = wagon.

Unless this is some stupid "all squares are rhomuses" thing.
    No, this is a "it's too damn small to be considered a wagon of any usefulness" thing. It's a hatchback with fold down rear seats. I see an A, B, C, and D pillar on this http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/image...-Concept_3.jpg Is it a wagon too now?

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Looks wagon'esq to me. Is there a size a wagon has to be? Subaru Outback, old Buick Cutlas Wagons, MB has a mid size wagon. Not every wagon ever made has been a Roadmaster. Mid size and small wagons are not new. Also huge wagons don't sell, look at the Magnum, they only sold 7,000 in '08.

The Magnum was a plastic-coated POS.

That is all.

ShantJ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The way I see it, wagons have more or less the same amount of length behind the rear axle as their sedan counterparts, while hatchbacks are truncated.

The Caddy is a wagon in my book.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.