2014 Cadillac ZTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 2014 Cadillac ZTS in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 2014 Cadillac ZTS Preliminary Specifications The 2014 Cadillac ZTS could cost between $85,000 and $95,000. The Basics Vehicle Type: premium ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

2014 Cadillac ZTS

2014 Cadillac ZTS Preliminary Specifications
    The 2014 Cadillac ZTS could cost between $85,000 and $95,000.
    The Basics
    Vehicle Type: premium large car
    Drivetrain (CG estimates)
    Drive wheels: all
    Engine: 6.2-liter supercharged V8
    Horsepower: 500
    Torque: 570 pound-feet
    Transmission: 6- or 8-speed automatic
    Dimensions (CG estimates)
    Wheelbase: 120.4 inches
    Length: 200.3 inches
    Width: 72.6 inches
    Height: 57.6 inches
    Base curb weight: 3,860 pounds

More information coming soon...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Re: 2014 Cadillac ZTS

I guess they didn't learn from the XLR after all.

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

While certainly out of my price range, this sounds as the right thing to do to position themselves (Cadillac) to be a World contender (as far as a complete car line).

With most things Cadillac I shall quietly stand back and watch (with interest); and root root root for the home team.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    I guess they didn't learn from the XLR after all.
    I think the XLR failed because it didn't live up to the price, not necessarily because of the price itself. Had the XLR been comparable to an SL550 in interior quality and performance, it would have sold better.

I think there's a market for a near $100k Cadillac, even more in the Premium large car category than in the sport coupe category. As long as the product justifies the price, it'll sell.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

They've got to get the $50-60K pricepoint right w/a large car before trying in the 90s...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

$50-$60k will go to the XTS. The ZTS - if that's what they really call it - will need to be in the $65-$80k range. I'm worried about a $100k Cadillac at this point in time. It's only my opinion but I think Cadillac should go after cars like the LS460, XJ and Equus before going toe to toe (in price) with cars like the 750i and S550...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

I agree, hueterm- I've said here more times than I can count that the timing isn't right for a flagship until they get their more common offerings (CTS, SRX, XTS) perfected. It still might work in limited quantities at this point, but I'd much rather see them get the current lineup and XTS to the top of their class and build brand perception before going both feet into the $85k+ market.

jrosevear is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V raven

One of the prime reasons GM lost market share and went bankrupt was exactly the approach to product you guys seem to be advocating: Don't reach, don't go overboard, don't use the good stuff, cheap it out to be the segment's price leader. BE AFRAID OF THE COMPETITION, in other words. My 2006 CTS-V has a brilliant suspension and powertrain -- and leather and plastics that would be laughed out of a $25k Volkswagen. Why? So they could beat BMW on price, because they didn't have the institutional cojones to go head on at 'em. That's an approach that might keep (most of) the loyalists coming back, but it's not how you win new customers. Not enough.

Those days have to be over if GM is going to be relevant again. Have. To. Be. Over. They're DEFINITELY over in Dearborn.

They should aim at the S-class, period. They should do the best car they know how to do, use their new improved cost structure to offer more value than MB can, and introduce it at a slightly lower price -- and then RAISE that price once the market responds to the quality of the product.

And really, I think that's exactly what they'll do. Because if one thing is clear in this IPO runup, they are learning from their history -- and from Ford's example.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

tony, this is 3-4 years down the line now... don't forget - the XTS will have been out for about 2 years by the time this hits
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I agree, I agree, I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by jrosevear View Post
    One of the prime reasons GM lost market share and went bankrupt was exactly the approach to product you guys seem to be advocating: Don't reach, don't go overboard, don't use the good stuff, cheap it out to be the segment's price leader. BE AFRAID OF THE COMPETITION, in other words. My 2006 CTS-V has a brilliant suspension and powertrain -- and leather and plastics that would be laughed out of a $25k Volkswagen. Why? So they could beat BMW on price, because they didn't have the institutional cojones to go head on at 'em. That's an approach that might keep (most of) the loyalists coming back, but it's not how you win new customers. Not enough.

Those days have to be over if GM is going to be relevant again. Have. To. Be. Over. They're DEFINITELY over in Dearborn.

They should aim at the S-class, period. They should do the best car they know how to do, use their new improved cost structure to offer more value than MB can, and introduce it at a slightly lower price -- and then RAISE that price once the market responds to the quality of the product.

And really, I think that's exactly what they'll do. Because if one thing is clear in this IPO runup, they are learning from their history -- and from Ford's example.

Quote Originally Posted by jrosevear
    Because if one thing is clear in this IPO runup, they are learning from their history -- and from Ford's example.
    What Ford example are you talking about? Ford has made huge strides by improving the quality and perception of their mass market cars (like the Focus, Edge, Flex and Taurus), not by tossing out a $50k flagship car to supplement a mediocre lower product line. If you really feel Cadillac should follow Ford's example, then they should do exactly what I suggested: Make sure the ATS, CTS, SRX and XTS are class leading cars in quality and perception. THEN build a flagship.

The DT7 would have been a more appropriate stop gap than the XTS. I think it would have given current Cadillac owners a better upgrade path than the XTS does...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    What Ford example are you talking about?
    The example of not taking a cowardly approach to product development.

Quote Originally Posted by jrosevear View Post
    The example of not taking a cowardly approach to product development.
    Do you consider the Gen II CTS or SRX products of "cowardly" development? Because they're really the only things in Cadillac's lineup at the moment which aren't way past their sell-by date. Both those products have enjoyed either high praise from trade magazines, huge sales, or both.

I think once the DTS is replaced with "something" (XTS, I guess), we can make an accurate appraisal of how aggressive Cadillac's development is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Do you consider the Gen II CTS or SRX products of "cowardly" development?
    Both show some signs of having been cost-cut too far to meet a low price target, though thankfully in both cases the problem is much less obvious than it was with their predecessors. Put another way, GM could have spent a little more money, priced the vehicles a little bit higher, and had -- on balance -- considerably more competitive entries -- and should have. Is that cowardly? It's certainly lacking in corporate self-confidence.

In contrast, consider the Cruze. It's not the cheapest car in its class; in fact, it's priced toward the upper end. But it delivers a whole lot of value for money, with no excuses necessary in comparisons with the class sales leaders. It is possible to build a $80k Cadillac sedan that takes exactly the same approach. There is no need to chicken out and build something less first, particularly when there is an urgent business case for a big high-end Cadillac right now (in China).

And really, I don't think they will (chicken out). I think this is all going to happen faster than some believe possible, because GM's new leadership is determined to play offense, not defense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.