We might have some bad news about the upcoming Cadillac flagship
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, We might have some bad news about the upcoming Cadillac flagship in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; To make a long story short, the "old" new CEO is the one who pointed out the "must have" nature ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

We might have some bad news about the upcoming Cadillac flagship

To make a long story short, the "old" new CEO is the one who pointed out the "must have" nature of a rear wheel drive, full-size v8 sedan to compete with the BMW 750Li, Mercedes S550 and cars like it..

Unfortunately, since then - GM has a "new" new CEO - and we really don't know what's he's thinking about this. He hasn't said a word. Until we hear something from this newer CEO, we probably should not hold our breath about this Cadillac flagship..
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: We might have some bad news about the upcoming Cadillac flagship

SEVENTY-NINE views and not a single comment? Come on, guys. This is a "discussion" forum... Any thoughts? At all?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i was gonna say something, but then i decided not to - but since I don't want to hurt your feelings here goes

i'm with you, i hope we get a proper flagship, but i don't want it to be rushed or sub-standard
    as long as we get it eventually and it rocks i'm cool with that
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Not holding my breath...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Until we hear it is cancelled, the prudent thing to think is that it is still a go. The new CEO, is again, not a car business executive, BUT, perhaps in his infinite knowledge and wisdom will rely on those that know, (Mark Reuse) for one, that this is a good idea for the 'Mark' of the Cadillac brand. With Lincoln making a concerted effort to get back to the top of the heap (in the luxury segment), Cadillac can ill-afford to fall back to mediocrity.

HeavyH20 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Red 09 CTS-V, Silver 06 STS-V, White 08 SRX

Any CEO worth their salt is not going to upset a winning formula such as the CTS. For the first time, domestic brands are wooing consumers with cars they want to drive better than their foreign competitors. They will need to iterate and innovate to keep that position. If rear wheel drive nets you consumers in your showroom, then rear wheel drive it is. I would not be worried about that direction for now.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

The SRX is getting a twin turbo V6 soon, and BMW is selling a 6 cylinder 7 series that's getting good writeups in the buff mags. I wouldn't be too worried- it's gonna happen.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsmaster View Post
    i was gonna say something, but then i decided not to - but since I don't want to hurt your feelings here goes

i'm with you, i hope we get a proper flagship, but i don't want it to be rushed or sub-standard
    as long as we get it eventually and it rocks i'm cool with that
    Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I don't take anything personally. It's not a bad thing to disagree. In any event, I do hope we get a proper flagship. I know a lot of people don't like the fact that the Escalade is currently Cadillac's flagship - but I really don't mind. I'd PREFER a full-size premium luxury sedan as the flagship, however...

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Not holding my breath...
    Yeah, I know what you mean...

Quote Originally Posted by C&C View Post
    Until we hear it is cancelled, the prudent thing to think is that it is still a go. The new CEO, is again, not a car business executive, BUT, perhaps in his infinite knowledge and wisdom will rely on those that know, (Mark Reuse) for one, that this is a good idea for the 'Mark' of the Cadillac brand. With Lincoln making a concerted effort to get back to the top of the heap (in the luxury segment), Cadillac can ill-afford to fall back to mediocrity.
    It's just a lot of back and forth lately - with ideas that seem like a go - and then are canceled at the last minute.. One of those things being the Northstar replacement... Another being various platforms... And last but not least, models...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyH20 View Post
    Any CEO worth their salt is not going to upset a winning formula such as the CTS. For the first time, domestic brands are wooing consumers with cars they want to drive better than their foreign competitors. They will need to iterate and innovate to keep that position. If rear wheel drive nets you consumers in your showroom, then rear wheel drive it is. I would not be worried about that direction for now.
    You're certainly right about the domestic brands taking customers back from the foreign makes. Both GM and Ford are making very, very impressive vehicles lately... What a turn-around. And I don't think we've seen the best of it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    The SRX is getting a twin turbo V6 soon, and BMW is selling a 6 cylinder 7 series that's getting good writeups in the buff mags. I wouldn't be too worried- it's gonna happen.
    Yeah, that TT 3.0 is going to be great.. I'm anxious to see it in the SRX, CTS and ATS.. Even the DTS would be fine with it...

mdscad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS Prem 3.6 DI-FE3 / RWD / Wht Dmd / Ebony Recaro Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Unfortunately, since then - GM has a "new" new CEO - and we really don't know what's he's thinking about this. He hasn't said a word. Until we hear something from this newer CEO, we probably should not hold our breath about this Cadillac flagship..
    I read a story a couple of weeks ago that basically said that GM fans need not worry with the change at CEO. The premise of this was that there are still a lot of "car guys" at GM. I hope the writer is right about this. A FWD Cadillac would be 10 Giant steps backwards for the brand.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

They already had a hard time dealing with those FWD Northstar engines. Sure the Northstar engine was a piece of majestic engineering, but the FWD setup just murdered them. Think about putting every single engine parts WITH transmission under the hood. I would understand if it was an economic car with a itty bitty engine, but it's a 4.6 Cadillac. Need an engine work and it would cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, because whatever it is, it's buried down somewhere inaccessible or blocked by something that was not intended to be removed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.