Cadillac News: Cadillac to unveil XTS concept, production CTS-V Coupe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac News: Cadillac to unveil XTS concept, production CTS-V Coupe in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Filed under: Concept Cars , Detroit Auto Show , Coupe , Sedan , Performance , Cadillac Detroit-bound Cadillac Concept Teaser ...
    Cadillac Forum is offline The Creature
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Post Cadillac News: Cadillac to unveil XTS concept, production CTS-V Coupe

Filed under: Concept Cars, Detroit Auto Show, Coupe, Sedan, Performance, Cadillac

Detroit-bound Cadillac Concept Teaser - Click above to enlarge

Under the typically dark veil of show-car secrecy, Cadillac has released a teaser image of a new concept that will be unveiled next month at the Detroit Auto Show. As you'd expect, details are slim, but we've been assured that this is an entirely new concept and something we've not yet seen, which rules out the Voltec-powered Converj as well as the 3 Series-fighting ATS.

Dissecting the teaser a bit, we're pretty sure we see four doors, and we'll take Caddy's word that its "latest concept advances the brand's Art & Science philosophy." Other than that, we're in the dark, but wouldn't be terribly surprised if it were either a hint at something high-performance, environmentally responsibility or both. It could also be a preview of a new range-topping model from GM's luxury division.

In addition to the unknown concept car, Cadillac also plans to introduce Detroit show-goers to the production version of its 2011 CTS-V Coupe. Expect that model to add the normal V-spec performance accouterments to the drop-dead stunning CTS Coupe shape that was just shown off in LA. That means 556 horsepower and 551 lb-feet of torque from a 6.2-liter supercharged V8 engine, a choice of automatic and manual six-speed transmissions, a sport suspension with Magnetic Ride Control and standard 19-inch alloy wheels. Production of the superfast two-door is slated for the summer of 2010.

There's not much more to say, but feel free to hit the jump for the official press release and be sure to gander at the concept's teaser image in high-res.

[Source: Cadillac]Continue reading Detroit Preview: Cadillac to unveil new concept, production CTS-V Coupe

Detroit Preview: Cadillac to unveil new concept, production CTS-V Coupe originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 22 Dec 2009 00:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Vinsanity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

Re: Cadillac News: Detroit Preview: Cadillac to unveil new concept, production CTS-V

I bet it's the XTS or whatever

jdurhan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS Sport Wagon, '11 Black Raven V-Coupe

Re: Cadillac News: Detroit Preview: Cadillac to unveil new concept, production CTS-V

One thing for sure..It's Hot. Can't wait to see what the New General has come up with.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I bet it's the XTS or whatever
    It looks "big" and "squarish" - which makes me think "XTS" as well. I kinda hope it IS because from the looks of it so far, it's what I feel a luxury/sport Cadillac should be - or should LOOK like, anyway. I'm anxious to see more of this concept...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's definitely the XTS. Look at the layout for the Cadillac booth this year:

Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

All silver cars

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    All silver cars
    Can you pick out the color of the CTS Coupe (not V)...? Almost looks like it says switchblade silver metallic?

Im curious why they only use silver cars? Cadillac has sexy colors, why not display 2 or 3 of them? Show the V's in silver, since its the most popular color, but show the CTS is the special red or thundergray chromaflair... Bold colors look great on the 2nd gen, you really see the curves.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Can you pick out the color of the CTS Coupe (not V)...? Almost looks like it says switchblade silver metallic?

Im curious why they only use silver cars? Cadillac has sexy colors, why not display 2 or 3 of them? Show the V's in silver, since its the most popular color, but show the CTS is the special red or thundergray chromaflair... Bold colors look great on the 2nd gen, you really see the curves.
    Yes, it will be switchblade silver

Vinsanity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

showing the cars in all the same color actually helps the viewers distinguish the visual differences among each of the models, since the eye has to focus on something else besides color to spot the variations. This is especially true for model lines like Cadillac, where the cars all share strong styling similarities. I first noticed this last year when Audi showcased all their cars in white. Their display was pretty stunning. Also, it forces the viewer to acknowledge the cars by their model names, as opposed to referring to them as "the red one" and "the black one".

IIRC, all the Cadillacs at the LA auto show were silver, except for the gray CTS-V. The Cadillac display wasn't quite as stunning as Audi's repeat whiteout exhibit, but that was mostly due to the additional lighting and shiny raised stage floor at Audi

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    It's definitely the XTS. Look at the layout for the Cadillac booth this year:

^ I love it... Only cool stuff like this on the CF.
    I noticed 500w lighting almost everywhere, cept above the Coupe's.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    showing the cars in all the same color actually helps the viewers distinguish the visual differences among each of the models, since the eye has to focus on something else besides color to spot the variations. This is especially true for model lines like Cadillac, where the cars all share strong styling similarities. I first noticed this last year when Audi showcased all their cars in white. Their display was pretty stunning. Also, it forces the viewer to acknowledge the cars by their model names, as opposed to referring to them as "the red one" and "the black one".

IIRC, all the Cadillacs at the LA auto show were silver, except for the gray CTS-V. The Cadillac display wasn't quite as stunning as Audi's repeat whiteout exhibit, but that was mostly due to the additional lighting and shiny raised stage floor at Audi
    Good points...

And man, I'm really excited to see the coupe and XTS in person. I'm thinking Chicago but can I wait past Detroit?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

jdurhan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS Sport Wagon, '11 Black Raven V-Coupe

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac to unveil XTS concept, production CTS-V Coupe

I was just looking at the floor plan, is the XTS a suv or wagon of sort. Looking at the car designations, it looks like the XTS has the same type marker as the sport wagon,srx, suv's. The sedans and coupes show a car like marker vs the xts/sport wagon which has like roof rails and a steep slope rear window. The others caddys have trunks.. I hope you can see what I mean.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Cadillac News: Cadillac to unveil XTS concept, production CTS-V Coupe

It's just a placeholder image. I've seen the XTS, and it is most definitely NOT a wagon or SUV.
    Tony Pagano
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323 (ask for Tony)

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Good points...

And man, I'm really excited to see the coupe and XTS in person. I'm thinking Chicago but can I wait past Detroit?
    Man-stew

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Man-stew
    But without Tone or Jerry??

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.