Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac News: Re-Lease Me: GM starts leasing Cadillac, Buick, GMC and Chevy models a

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cadillac Forum 
#1 ·
Filed under: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GM, GMC

2010 Cadillac SRX - Click above for a high-res image gallery

Understatement of the Year: It's been a rough 2009 for General Motors. The 101 year-old automaker lost billions of dollars in record time, its market share plummeted, and overall sales were down over 30%. Oh, and the General had to ask for billions in loans from the US government before ultimately going through bankruptcy. A bad year indeed.

The fact that GM went through these tumultuous times without a leasing program made matters even worse, but that's about to be rectified. GM is teaming up with US Bank on a pilot leasing program in Michigan, Ohio, New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. Already underway and set to run through August 31, the program will only apply to certain vehicles. The 2009 Chevy Malibu and Traverse, along with the Cadillac CTS and 2010 Cadillac SRX are included, joining the Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and Chevy Equinox.

While the program is regional for the time being, the launch of the SRX will be accompanied by a nation-wide lease program through US Bank. Mark LaNeve, GM's vice president of U.S. sales, feels the SRX lease will help launch the new luxury crossover. "Leases are an important part of the luxury market, so we decided that launching the all-new 2010 Cadillac SRX crossover with a national lease will add a lot of excitement." Hit the jump to read over the GM press release.

Gallery: Review: 2010 Cadillac SRX

[Source: GM]Continue reading Re-Lease Me: GM starts leasing Cadillac, Buick, GMC and Chevy models again

Re-Lease Me: GM starts leasing Cadillac, Buick, GMC and Chevy models again originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 03 Aug 2009 17:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

Read more...

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.