Cadillac S Class?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac S Class? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; From carconnection.com General Motors is working on a large rear-drive Cadillac it hopes to bring out by 2007, said a ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Cadillac S Class?

From carconnection.com

General Motors is working on a large rear-drive Cadillac it hopes to bring out by 2007, said a high ranking GM executive. "Think of a Cadillac S Class," said the executive, referring to the Mercedes-Benz flagship. GM is jazzed by the revitalization of the luxury marque with products like Escalade and CTS having caught on with up-market buyers and feels the market is poised to accept a large Cadillac sedan as a domestic alternative to the S Class and BMW 7 Series.
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Cadillac S Class?

Definitely needed if they want to get where they are going

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

An FTS maybe?

mnymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    An FTS maybe?
    Yeah Katshot, you should send them your baby as a protype Kinda like a Shelby Mustang or a Lingenfelder Corvette, a Katshot Caddy, hmmmmmmmm can I place my order now

Quote Originally Posted by mnymaker
    Yeah Katshot, you should send them your baby as a protype Kinda like a Shelby Mustang or a Lingenfelder Corvette, a Katshot Caddy, hmmmmmmmm can I place my order now
    Strange you should mention that. I HAVE been considering building more of them to sell. Or possibly doing a custom build-up on a customer-supplied Fleetwood.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

MY GOD, he intends to multiply.

mnymaker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot
    Strange you should mention that. I HAVE been considering building more of them to sell. Or possibly doing a custom build-up on a customer-supplied Fleetwood.
    Then you just have to beat out Tim Allen's attempt and bucks to do the same thing... But it doesn't seem very fast for all the gut work he had done to it??? So I think you can take him Kat.

Tim Allens DTSi

caddy_enthusiast42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

seen

I hope that is what the 06' STS will be. I heard they are making an escalade V. Apparently it will share the 500hp XV-12 from the Cien concept. This info is from the current Motor trend issue. (the one with the XLR on the front)

Caddy_enthusiast42

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    It sure would be nice if they would marry the current 'Art and Design' philosophy with some styling cues from the recent past.

I think totally abandoning those cues was/is a mistake. I'd start with the '90's Deville/Fleetwood style taillights that were a year to year evolution since the 1964 or 65 model. The formal c-pillar could also be integrated into the A&D.

And fix the grill. Looks cheap. The '60 and '70's have plenty of inspiration for a better looking grill. In fact, the after market grill's being added to CTS's look closer to some '60's designs. Which is why they work.

Quote Originally Posted by mnymaker
    Then you just have to beat out Tim Allen's attempt and bucks to do the same thing... But it doesn't seem very fast for all the gut work he had done to it??? So I think you can take him Kat.

Tim Allens DTSi
    Even Cadillac knows there's no market for Tim's car. Especially since Cadillac is now making the push for performance-oriented cars to be RWD. Too much money for it anyway like you said.
    If Tim wants to bring that over-priced beast to PA or NJ, I'll slap it down for him

wildcat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i think they will bring back the fleetwood in the form of the 2007 cadillac. ive heard about this V12 which i think is also going to be in this car this will get it up to s class and 7 series standards and will set lexus as the underdog as for the vw phaeton well i cannot see that being a threat now or in the future however the the audi a8 may become a more substantial hindrance to popularity. i think cadillac will go all out with this vehicle i can see a cadillac version of i-drive but voice activated, an interior that will equal if not surpass merc and bmw. and will present technical innovations not yet seen in any car. cadillac must do away with all the cheap plastics and use more exotic woods, brushed aluminium, carbon fibre tuscany leather and crystal bulgari displays. the sclass beater will take on many of the styling cues from the Sixteen but will be more restrained. think of how the xlr evolved from the evoq. the 2007 caddy will be the beginning of the next phase of styling for cadillac bringing in the more mature softer rounded edges. unlike the cold stealthy look at the moment.
    the direction that cadillac is going in at the moment i beleive this might be very likely.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

First, I would like to welcome you to the forums!! Thanks for signing up!!!

I dont think they will resurrect the fleetwood, and frankly, I dont want them to...... I would rather see them bring out the sixteen , cien, evoq, etc.... than the fleetwood...... I dont think they could ever have the same class as the last model fleetwood..... By then, they wouldnt go for the old school styling, rather they would go for the newer design (hopefully not the edgyness, I hate that!!).....

If they <within the next 10 years> have all of their cars RWD, except for maybe 1 entry level car, I think that would be a HUGE step in the right direction!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

The "Sixteen" would be way beyond.. It would be "Ultra Luxury". A direct competitor of the Maybach. An S-Class competitor would be something like a Fleetwood - though they'll probably never bring back those types of nameplates...

Welcome Wildcat and Caddy_Enthusiast42!
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

wildcat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

maybe, maybe not

well i was just pondering that maybe cadillac needs to bring back the fleetwood, i wish they would. i can see reasons why they should and why they shouldnt bring it back.

for
    the fleetwood was one of the most popular models to ever come out of cadillac.
    the fleetwood name has a wide following.
    it was the flagship car for cadillac. what is cadillacs flagship car today? the deville? seville?
    it represented the ultimate in class, elegance, power and style.
    it was the car of choice for the busy executive and banker.
    the fleetwood would bring in a new generation of young rich trendsetting loyalists.

against
    holds a stigma among people that its a car built for oldees
    it was one the last of old generation styling.
    the cadillac brand is "reborn"- get rid of the old bring in the new.
    fleetwood would become direct competitor to the sclass and the 7 series thus cutting out potential buyers who have bought new fleetwoods in the past.

i think even though the fleetwood was a true great they wouldnt bring it back because it has lost its exclusiveness. for example say cadillac was to bring out a $80k 2007 fleetwood. I would not like to pull up in my 80k fleetwood next to a highlighter green 95 brougham thats had hydros and chrome mags installed that some kid is driving, that would not be a good look at all. (no offence to all the lowriding caddy owners out there, hehe)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.