Rumors have finished(Somewhat)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Rumors have finished(Somewhat) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Today I have read in leftlanenews that Cadillac is going to kill the current DTS/STS and the replacement will be ...
    alikambooli is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Today I have read in leftlanenews that Cadillac is going to kill the current DTS/STS and the replacement will be a Caddy even smaller than the current CTS. What is going? GM wants to make Caddy a semi-luxury brand like Buick? If yes so Why Buick is still alive? I love Cadillac brand and hope for DAYS OF PRIDE to come back but I have to say that now at this time in fact Cadillac is a semi luxury brand. Compare the existing models to their competitors and the options they provide such Active Head Rest, rear and side rear power sunshade, rear power seats, panoramic sunroof, power folding mirror, 8 speed transmission, powerful V8 engine, rear heated/ventilated seats, different interior wood and leather colors, individual trims, different wheels, self healing colors, more shinny colors, security options and any other features that a luxury car has to has. No I have to wake up, the disaster has happened, it happened 30 years ago when Cadillac turned from RWD to FWD but I was idiot and I did not want to accept that the most respectable luxury brand has stepped in a way that will end with no respect. In fact GM as the mother company put Cadillac in this way. I hope for Cadillac to come out the shadow of GM.
    Click Here for more info

If any one has furthur info please let us know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: Rumors have finished(Somewhat)

GM "Inside news" constantly reprints rumors from other Internet forums as fact. They also reported a few years back that the Camaro and Zeta platform were canceled.

Until Cadillac announces something, it's best to wait and see. Perhaps you could send them an email expressing your feelings, but posting this on a message board accomplishes nothing except further spreading a rumor.

asrapid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Well this is how rumors went on forums(as i remember):
    First there was rumor that there are two big sedans in works for cadillac (one below s class and other true s class competitor). It was rumored it would have v8 ultra, and v8 ultra with forced induction in top model (maybe even new v12).
    Then V8 ultra got canceled and rumors was it would get either v6 TT or v8 from other car company (still two cars but pushed back couple of monts and GM financial state get worse). Then couple of months later -one car DT7 (pushed back again) and only v6 TT as an engine (v8 big maybe). Latest rumors -pushed again after 2014 or cancelation..and cancelation of the V6 TT.
    So in future you have big rwd sedan with one engine V6 with around 300 hp+. Not worth the investment IMO.
    As i recall small cadillac is cadillac based on Alpha platform (RWD) and it is replacement for BLS not STS/DTS. I can't find rumors about engines which will have. Probably I4,I4 T and V6.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by asrapid View Post
    Well this is how rumors went on forums(as i remember):
    First there was rumor that there are two big sedans in works for cadillac (one below s class and other true s class competitor). It was rumored it would have v8 ultra, and v8 ultra with forced induction in top model (maybe even new v12).
    Then V8 ultra got canceled and rumors was it would get either v6 TT or v8 from other car company (still two cars but pushed back couple of monts and GM financial state get worse). Then couple of months later -one car DT7 (pushed back again) and only v6 TT as an engine (v8 big maybe). Latest rumors -pushed again after 2014 or cancelation..and cancelation of the V6 TT.
    So in future you have big rwd sedan with one engine V6 with around 300 hp+. Not worth the investment IMO.
    As i recall small cadillac is cadillac based on Alpha platform (RWD) and it is replacement for BLS not STS/DTS. I can't find rumors about engines which will have. Probably I4,I4 T and V6.
    Yeah.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I don't know where anyone heard that the STS/DTS replacement would be small like the BLS.

I do believe there are one or two people at GMI with inside information regarding Cadillac. I don't take what they say as fact, but I do think their statements are more than possible. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume there could be at least ONE person on GMI with accurate GM information.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

rjm
    rjm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '15 Escalade Premium Majestic Plum Metallic

I'll try to make a long story short. When I picked up my '08 DTS last spring, the guys at the dealer thanked me more than usual and acting as if they would never see me again. When pressed, the dealer gm admitted to me that he had seen the future products for Cadillac, and for the foreseeable future all Cadillac would be selling is the CTS (and its variants), SRX, and Escalade. He further admitted that the STS and DTS are DOA and he had been told that a replacement was forthcoming, but not to expect it before the middle of the next decade, and since I do 2 year leases, and he knows my passion for cars, that after the lease on the '08 expires, he was confident I would not get another. What has them the most worried is that Cadillac thinks all of us loyal DeVille/DTS buyers (who've kept Cadillac in business during good times and bad) will just get an Escalade if our DTS is no longer available. But he, as well as I, know that we drive a luxury car, not a truck, and if we wanted a truck, we would've purchased a truck. But we don't, we want a full size luxury car. Its almost as if GM wants Cadillac to fail.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

The Detroit Free Press is a bit confused about FWD and RWD, but this is in today's edition:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...808130345/1014

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I think it's in everyone's best interest to figure out how to make BIG cars get GREAT gas mileage. Honestly, I don't buy all the nonsense about CAFE being the reason these cars are going away. People who buy full-size luxury cars with V8s are bearly conscious about the amount of gasoline they use...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.