Cadillac DT7 May Be Canceled
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac DT7 May Be Canceled in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The STS/DTS replacement is on the chopping block... We should know more within a month.. Old news: http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.co...ed-altogether/ New news: ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Cadillac DT7 May Be Canceled

The STS/DTS replacement is on the chopping block... We should know more within a month..

Old news: http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.co...ed-altogether/
    New news: http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.co...in-until-2014/

See post #5 in this discussion for the latest...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

asrapid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Cadillac DT7 May Be Canceled

I hope GM is not serious about cancelling big rwd sedan for Cadillac. Cadillac really need that car. But GM being GM they will probably delay it first and then cancel it.
    V6 TT with 420+ hp sounds good. I hope they put that engine in CTS (it would be perfect for below V model)

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cadillac without a Full sized Luxury car, is a dead issue. CTS sales are already showing a plateau. With BMW coming out with a new 7 Series, and Mercedes already offering a reworked S Class, soon Cadillac will be just a luxury memory. This reasoning is why I have chosen to shop elsewhere, the CTS is too small, and headroom is also in short supply. The V6 engine has too much NVH. I wrote elsewhere in "Letters to Corporate" that Cadillac should "blueprint" all the engines it uses, for smoothness and exclusivity.

The rumor that the DT7 or DeVille/Fleetwood may be canceled is not good news!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Oh this is wonderful. Cadillac needs this car in their lineup; if they do cancel this car, what will happen to the STS and DTS? I'm betting they'd keep them around and refresh them.

I have also chosen to shop elsewhere - for the same reasons you've mentioned. To further worsen the situation, the DT7 (STS/DTS replacement) has been pushed back to 2014. No, this is not a joke. As far as we should all be concerned, Cadillac will no longer offer a full-sized luxury vehicle. There is no replacement coming for the STS or DTS - at least not until 2014. The DT7 is officially on the chopping block. The development team that was assembled in Australia has been reassigned.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULSTSMAN1 View Post
    Cadillac without a Full sized Luxury car, is a dead issue. CTS sales are already showing a plateau. With BMW coming out with a new 7 Series, and Mercedes already offering a reworked S Class, soon Cadillac will be just a luxury memory. This reasoning is why I have chosen to shop elsewhere, the CTS is too small, and headroom is also in short supply. The V6 engine has too much NVH. I wrote elsewhere in "Letters to Corporate" that Cadillac should "blueprint" all the engines it uses, for smoothness and exclusivity.

The rumor that the DT7 or DeVille/Fleetwood may be canceled is not good news!
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I'd like to see the source on this.

Don't forget that supposedly reputable sources are always floating erroneous information that gets picked up and becomes "fact" in a short time. Just in recent memory I can think of the '09 CTS-V having the LS7, the Camaro (and Zeta) being canceled and the Buick brand being dropped- those were all "reliable" information, and each one was totally bogus.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Like Tony, I hope this is false information. Let's just hope so...because Cadillac without a full sized luxury sedan just isn't right.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Here's to hoping it's just a rumor...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

I think that Caddy needs a large, framed, RWD sedan, but I don't like the look of this one yet. It looks a lot like a hearse to me with the extremely large and over sized C-pillar. It would be great to be able to pull a decent sized trailer with a Caddy sedan (not a fan of the Escalade) like you could with the mid 90's Fleetwoods.

Don't worry. The picture at the link from the first post isn't the actual DT7. No one has any idea what it was supposed to look like...

ejguillot is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

If GM kills the DT7, Cadillac's through! And then why did they bother with all the time and $$$ invested into Cadillac to bring it back from the near dead?

GM, find the money to get this car out! And you had better not screw up, seeing as how Hyundai got it right with their car.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

GM should update the DTS. Keep the current size and proportions. Keep it FWD with AWD optional. Boost the MPG so that FWD units with a V6 or DOD V8 can average over 30 MPG on regular gas. Leapfrog the Lincoln MKS.

My prediction of the future Cadillac product line:

- Sub-CTS premium small car, FWD/AWD, turbo I4 & V6
    - SRX replacement (Theta II), FWD/AWD, V6
    - CTS, RWD/AWD
    - Escalade (as long as it sells) on then-current Suburban/Tahoe platform
    - STS axed
    - DTS updated as above.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

If GM does kill the DT7, I'm sure they'll keep either the STS or DTS. I'm betting on the latter; its the volume seller, and if updated could become a more competitive product. If they just updated the interior it would be better; looks too much like Buick Lucerene and steering wheel is straight from Impala.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Let's keep this in perspective here: The name DT7 and the Photoshopped image are both complete fabrications- neither was ever announced, rumored or leaked by GM. What we're discussing here is a rumor that a rumored car is possibly being considered to no longer be a rumor. Seriously?

DT7 is simply what Cadillac was calling the project while it was in place. The Photoshopped image is a fabrication. The development team that was assembled in Australia to take on the DT7 project has been reassigned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.