anyone else want a new fleetwood?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, anyone else want a new fleetwood? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was thinking of how nice it would be for cadillac were to reintroduce the fleetwood brougham. I'd like it ...
    megatron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

anyone else want a new fleetwood?

I was thinking of how nice it would be for cadillac were to reintroduce the fleetwood brougham. I'd like it to be big,rear wheel drive and have real tail fins i.e. for it to look like a cadillac! Anyone else here feel this type of car would sell?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: anyone else want a new fleetwood?

Of course. I'd love it.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: anyone else want a new fleetwood?

According to articles written prior to the CAFE issues, Cadillac intended to offer a super Sedan/Coupe sometime in the future when, economically feasible. They were rumored to be called the F8 or E8, Fleetwood, Eldorado. The main obstacle was how to create a price point just south of $100K. The engine configurations would be of V8 or V12 variety, putting them squarely in line for comparison to the Mercedes S Class.

I was hoping for something aimed at more illustrious competitors such as Bentley,Rolls Royce, or Maserati, that is if Cadillac wanted to be considered "Top Tier." Because of the price point it had to be something extra special and rarified, while keeping the Sub $100K entry price.

I don't know what would you think?

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

As much as we would all love a beautiful full sized saloon from either Cadillac/Lincoln or Chrysler's concept Imperial, none are likely to happen. Unless we learn to run cars from something other than gasoline, new CAFE requirements coming are going to make large cars of any kind difficult to manufacture. Since Cadillac and Lincoln are direct subsidiaries of their parent companies, they face the difficulty of not pushing corporate CAFE requirements over the limit. Superlux companies like BMW/Rolls Royce or Daimler-Benz simply ignore CAFE rules, pay the resulting fines, and pass on the premium to the customer, who doesn't mind paying thousands more for the elite name. As nice a turnaround as Cadillac has done, it still doesn't have the panache of a Roller, hence the profitability of paying CAFE fines isn't financially feasible for GM, especially since DTS and STS sales are down. GM is on a path to regain the bread and butter mid sized market from Toyota, any high end luxury sedan is far off into the future and would depend on GM returning to its rightful place as the world's largest automaker.

pompste is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 SEDAN DEVILLE-4.9 & 1978 SEDAN DEVILLE-425

I know many people who want the Fleetwood back in the Cadillac luxury ride line.They may bring it back again----who knows?
    I`d love to see a new Fleetwood as huge as the 1993-1996 models,but the way oil/gas prices are these days,you can be sure it won`t happen anytime soon.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.