About the name of deville replacement? - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, About the name of deville replacement? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Southern DubVille Mike Jones Ft. Twista, Froze, and Bun-B Dub oh, dont really care for them. ill ...
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Re: About the name of deville replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern DubVille
    Mike Jones Ft. Twista, Froze, and Bun-B

Dub
    oh, dont really care for them. ill hit them up when i go to the cd shop next time and listen to the sample.

ben72227 is offline Banned

oh, dont really care for them. ill hit them up when i go to the cd shop next time and listen to the sample.
    Well they're relatively new. Mike Jones, Paul Wall (who has the #1 album in the country right now), and Slim Thug (all from the Swishahouse label) pretty much just put Houston on the map this year, and especially put the "Chopped & Screwed" genre of rap into the mainstream too. You should also check out:

"Sittin Sidewayz" - Paul Wall
    "Still Tippin'" - Mike Jones
    "Back Then" - Mike Jones

And see if you can find the Still Tippin music video. It has some SWEET Eldos in it, and I think the Paul Wall video does too... They adore 'Lacs...

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

ive heard that mike jones guy, didnt really care for him. never heard of paul wall or the other one you mentioned. im still bumpin Doc Dre's Chronic, NWA, Tupac, Snoops old stuff, Eazy, old Ice Cube, Westside Connection, etc. really the only new stuff i listen to is Game and alot of the southern rap like Three Six Mafia, Dirty, Youngbloodz and stuff like that.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by Southern DubVille
    I know this post is a little old but there is a song thats adequately called "Bump this in yo Cadillac" {REMIX} Where he exclusivesly names the DTS and DHS. I wish I could attach a soundclip because I have the song and if anyone wants to hear it let me know.

DUB
    "i got a DTS, DHS, and a couple of ESV,
    i got 20 inches crawling on all cars and SUVS"

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brandtjen
    Read what I wrote, the world's first luxury car to have FWD was the 1967 Eldorado. At $6,500.00 it was not cheap, not when a Ford Mustang was 1500.00. It was first class luxury and I guarantee you that no one was thinking about "economy" in 1967,

That will also curtail their usage by the gang bangers, who are notorious for not maintaining their cars, but instead buying tires that are worth more then their homes.
    when you buy a car on payments, the company still gets their money in full, they could care less wether you finance or not.

i bet you're the kind of person whos sees me in my caddy and gives a "whats that guy doing in a cadillac" look. you would probably assume im a drug dealer

which brings me to my next point, the "gangbangers" etc that can afford a caddy, are obviously doin somethin right (wether it be illegal or immoral, its right for their pockets) because they can afford to own a cadillac, for most money is no object and they dont think twice about takin it into a detail shop, or in for factory maintenance no matter wat the cost.

i find it unnecessary to constantly mention your 200 dollar pants hand made crap, and the fact that you and your grandmother can write a check and buy a new car, wow so you have money, and lots of it, too much if you ask me, the only way i would buy 200 dollar pants is if they had lips built in to the inside front

so a guy who grows up poor has to be poor his whole life now, what happened to the american dream of rags to riches.

i guess the hoity toity never change

Jed95fwb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Fleetwood Brougham, 76 Coupe De Ville

I owned a 1971 Sedan de Ville. That was a car befitting of the name. RWD, floating ride, massive amonts of chrome, overassisted steering and full bench seats that you can get lost in are what makes a Cadillac.

Now I have a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham. I am glad that they ended this car in '96 on a high note. It was certainly the last, best expression of what a Cadillac should be. By the way, I am 24 years old and don't like to be pummeled by a car when driving over NY potholes. And if you see a Massive luxury car passing your "sporty import" and blasting Frank Sinatra, that might be me.

My father has a BMW M3 and the only reason they have a good reputation is the warranty. His car had a driveshaft vibration at high speeds that it took months of fighting for the dealer to admit. It also has gone through 2 tire presure monitors, and the passenger door won't open from the outside. BMW does their quality control testing after the car is sold.

I looked at the new STS (Seville) recently. I can tolerate the stark styling and love RWD, but did they have to give us upholstered cinderblocks for seats? Why do they think that sporty has to mean uncomfortable?

I apologize for offending anyone, but the Deville was gone long before the name ended. It would take a miracle for Cadillac to offer a real luxury car again.

It's Just Eric is offline Cadillac Owners Member

They midaswell rename the car. Id rather not see a car like that with the Deville namesake attached to it. If you love it, let it go

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
    They midaswell rename the car. Id rather not see a car like that with the Deville namesake attached to it. If you love it, let it go

GM needs to take your advice for the naming of that THING they're calling an "IMPALA" these days.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.