About the name of deville replacement? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, About the name of deville replacement? in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i understand where your gettin at im just sayin ive never heard it in rap songs but ill listen for ...
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Re: About the name of deville replacement?

i understand where your gettin at im just sayin ive never heard it in rap songs but ill listen for it. i like 'em old school Caddies. i almost got a 2000 DHS but got my 93 Fleetwood instead. what was Nappy Roots? if you're talking about that lyric that is straight from the new Young Buck cd. i was listening to that song while i wrote that post.

lacmang is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood Brougham, 66 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    i understand where your gettin at im just sayin ive never heard it in rap songs but ill listen for it. i like 'em old school Caddies. i almost got a 2000 DHS but got my 93 Fleetwood instead. what was Nappy Roots? if you're talking about that lyric that is straight from the new Young Buck cd. i was listening to that song while i wrote that post.
    I said Nappy Roots because thats the only group I can remember saying DTS in a song called "Dogs & Hogs". they say "DTS's" in the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Swangin-&-Bangin
    Slim Thug, & Mike Jone just to name a few. I listen to more underground southern rap.. Usually when talking about the the current model deville they say DTS... DTS distugishes the men from the boys, the want to be ballers from the real ballers... For example.. A guy could have a base model Deville with $10,000 of aftermarket stuff on it.. And I could come through with a all factory DTS on Vogues and he will automatically fall to second place... People who know what cadillacs are about won't care how much money he has put into it,, all they see is a rental car. It might not be like that where you are from, but where i'm from if you rolling deville and it not dts, you not rolling..
    A "Deville" with screens in it, a 5th wheel, elbows and vogues will turn more heads than those 3 letters with some vogues. Most people don't even know the difference they just see its a Cadillac.

Swangin-&-Bangin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by lacmang
    A "Deville" with screens in it, a 5th wheel, elbows and vogues will turn more heads than those 3 letters with some vogues. Most people don't even know the difference they just see its a Cadillac.
    Thats why I said "to people that really know about Cadillacs"..

Thats why I said "to people that really know about Cadillacs"..
    thats not the point, swangin & bangin, swangin' on 4 vogues, you don't even have Swangers on your DTS, do you even know what SWANGERS are?

Quote Originally Posted by lacmang
    thats not the point, swangin & bangin, swangin' on 4 vogues, you don't even have Swangers on your DTS, do you even know what SWANGERS are?
    45 spoke, 30 spoke, aka 84's with the poke out adapter = Swangers... Some of my homies got swangers.. When I say swangin, I am talking about a method of rollin.. When me and homies go rollin we Hoggin all the lanes and swangin lane to lane, breakin boys off!!!

45 spoke, 30 spoke, aka 84's with the poke out adapter = Swangers... Some of my homies got swangers.. When I say swangin, I am talking about a method of rollin.. When me and homies go rollin we Hoggin all the lanes and swangin lane to lane, breakin boys off!!!
    alright man, just checkin

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

I can't stand the new name thing either.... Although I do have to say... previosuly, they were not doing too good.... They may have even gone the way of Oldsmobile... which I was sad to see go....

...Although name changes aren't everything, Oldsmobile got rid of Cutlass, Eighty Eight and Toronado in place of Achevia, Intrige, Alero and Aurora... and even changed the design of the emblem.... that didn't help any....

... Cadillac also restyled the wreatha nd crest... a few years back, the DeVille name was changed from the nice, fancy script to the newer bold type writing...

I am sorry.. I can not support that argument about DeVille vs. DTS... the fact a DTS is only what $5k more then a base DeVille? dosn't really make it "how dare you call my car a DeVille" not like a C-class vs. S-class....

I have always called my '93 either a DeVille or a Coupe DeVille... of course, that is the name.... nobody else seems to have a problem with that... I call the '79 Sedan DeVille d'Elegance either "the '79" or DeVille.... my 1989 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Royal is the only car I really change the name around, I call it "The Olds" and hardly use Eighty Eight

I agree that they should keep the DeVille name... atleast.... make that the traditonal luxry car.. floaty and such... then have the Fleetwood has a highly optioned DeVille...

I remember a few years back, Cadillac wasn't thought to be anything special with younger people... and to be honest.... today, nobody ever considers my car an old persons car... even the '79... many references to a boat, and such, which is cool... but nobody, even people my age ever mention old persons car....

I guess it is just the change in the automotive industry as a whole.... persoanlly if I saw a '55 Coupe DeVille (car I want besides a '59 Eldo conv.) without any of the emblems, or "Cadillac" on the side... I would think it is a sin.... Atleast Cadillac still has the name "Cadillac" in the fnacy script writing with the wreath and Crest.....

All in all, here is how I see it.... I will forever have my 1993 Coupe DeVille, and my 1979 Sedan DeVille d'Elegance.... those names aren't going to change.... also, that '55 Coupe DeVille and '59 Eldo will always be waiting for me to purchess them....

... out of my 3 cars I own, all are bench seat, colum shift, could be considered a boat, have a smooth and floaty ride, handling was not top priority, all have good power, and are faster then my friends econo cars (Jetta, Civic, Accord etc...) I just like the luxury cars....

Plus, who isn't to say the names will be brought back? Cadillac did it with the Sixty Special... Pointac did it with the GTO, VW, Ford, Chrysler etc.... give it 30 years, and we may see these names come back.... when something is around for too long... it gets old and played out... give it a rest for a while, and people want it back.....

This is from a 17 year old... I have all of you beat

you make good points. nicely put, i hate the fact that the name is going to get changed and id love to see another Fleetwood but the fact of the matter is seeing as Cadillac is starting to go to the younger generation who already like MB and BMW and Lexus, what do you think theyre gonna do? certainly not keep the "old names for old people" but change the names to be like these other companies. its the way it is. its money. and it aint gonna just be the younger generation but also people that drive these foreign cars already to get them back to buying domestic.

Quote Originally Posted by 93fleetwoodlowlow
    you make good points. nicely put, i hate the fact that the name is going to get changed and id love to see another Fleetwood but the fact of the matter is seeing as Cadillac is starting to go to the younger generation who already like MB and BMW and Lexus, what do you think theyre gonna do? certainly not keep the "old names for old people" but change the names to be like these other companies. its the way it is. its money. and it aint gonna just be the younger generation but also people that drive these foreign cars already to get them back to buying domestic.
    I'm completely feeling you on Cadillac going after the younger generation that is buying foreign.. When one of my close friends (both of us 24) and I decided to go buy new cars we were planning to go get s500 Benz's... But I changed my mind.. I opted for a Cadillac instead. It's was just something about the Cadillac DTS that was calling my name. I think that all the gadgets that are in the DTS took the cake.. The touch screen navigation \ dvd player, night vision, voice recognition, xm satellite, on star, & massaging seats just to name a few.. My friend went ahead and got the Benz, yet he has asked me on 3 different occasion if he could roll my Cadillac and I take his Benz, I tell him nope and that he should of bought one..

just think when the foreign cars came over with all their front wheel drive crap and Cadillac (well GM) changed alot of their products to fwd. times change. now dont get me wrong or nothin, i turned down a 2000 Deville DHS for a 93 Fleetwood cause i like the older Cadillacs better (style, the only thing hard about doing that was the interior styling on the DHS, it was beautiful). but these guys over Cadillac have to compete in TODAY'S market.

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Cadillac is trying hard to get back to the point when they could actually be seriously refered to as the standard of the world. From all I've seen and heard, the new STS has even better fit and finish than a 5 Series, and is as silent inside as an LS430 on any road surface. C&D was very impressed with their first look at it, and you all know how tough is is for a domestic company to impress those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeStar 156
    It's not that it's confusing, it's that Cadillac is forgetting it's roots. As CDVRob mentioned before, it's like Chevy getting rid of the name Corvette. If Ford renamed the Mustang the MSC (M-Series Sport Coupe), or back in the day if Dodge called the Charger the CPC (C-Series Performance Coupe) would they be memorable at all? Hell I like Mercedes cars, some look real sharp but hell if I remember what they're called.

In my opinion, part of a car's greatness is it's name. A Mustang is a pony, small, fast, and graceful much like the car. The Charger, a ram, bull, whatever charges furiously and fearsomely, much like the Dodge Charger. The Buick Regal, regal is a term that relates to royalty and the fine.

Cadillac's names aren't very furious but they defined the name of luxury from 1903 to the day the first Cadillac had it's name butchered into an acronym. A lot of car companies now are building retros and bringing back names that have been lost in the sands of time. The rebirths of the GTO, Thunderbird, Zephyr, and Chevy's concept Bel-Air are appealing to those who remember watching their chromed out big bodied ancestors rolling down their streets back in a past where gas was $.69 a gallon, candy was a nickel, and where a car was a car!

Thank you and good night!
    *Bows*

no no no, Cadillac hasnt forgot their roots. they know their roots and they are moving on. i saw a show on Speed Channel the other day and they were talking about old Cadillac engines (30s and 40s) and how they were built for speed. so now what? well they were built to go fast and were luxury cars, and what is the new STS and CTS-V? speed and luxury. so no they havent forgot their roots, they know them, they are just moving along in todays market trying to be the top company again. the company that was the envy of all other car companies.

fritzm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado

Just a thought. Did anyone think that they wanted the Cadillac name out more than the car name itself? consider this if you ask a person who bought the car as an appliance what car they drive, if it was a Deville, they would say a Deville. If you asked the same person who had the DTS they are more than likely to say I bought a Cadillac. Look at what Acura did to the Integra. They got rid of the name so more people would say they bought an Acura instead of the letters on the back of the trunk.

People who buy Corvettes say they own Vetts not Chevys. The Corvette became its own brand that some people do not associate with Chevy. That is why they came out with that SSR, to get the Chevy name in front again, and to build the the brand.

cadillacchris is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Personally I have always been about M.B and BMW and Audi's and to be perfectly honest with you I would never buy a American designed car due to the fact the were not true luxury performance cars or geared to a younger buyer, as well as the fact that they were ugly old people cars. So time fades away and as I got older I started selling cars for who else? Caddy! truth be told since I first saw the CTS I was in love and then to see the new STS was amazing. Cadillac (GM) is on the right track with their design and where they want to go in the future.When you see round headlights you think M.B so cadillac is taking charge and making damn sure people know a Caddy when the see one coming. Now no offense to any "older" members but the truth is if GM does not want caddy to go down like Olds did they need to stop selling to old people and start making kids want this car. GM should thank the rap industry for "Blowing-up" the Escalade and making every video with one in every shot. Now the use XLR!!! so we can only hope with the president using the new DTS it helps push this as Cadillac steps up more and more, just think you all were bitching about this company going in the hole 5 years ago, and now we are rolling out a SRX and XLR in 2004 a STS in 2005 a DTS in 2006 a "new" CTS in 2007 and a all new Escalade which will be the First real all Cadillac car in 2008(not a yukon-like caddy)

keep in mind that Cadillac is going to this Letter thing so that people know we have three cars and thats all. . . . try explaing to a new customer that the Deville and DHS are basic the same its just different options. . . now you can come in and get the exact options you want and they all come in a new DTS also you can no longer pull up behind someone and say "OH the have the cheapie car" Deville while the only reason the paid 6 grand more was for the shades in the back of their DHS. . .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.