Cadillac STS & DTS to be replaced with one 4 Door Sedan
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac STS & DTS to be replaced with one 4 Door Sedan in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; There was a thread post recently that solicited opinions on what the Cadillac portfolio might look like in the next ...
    pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Cadillac STS & DTS to be replaced with one 4 Door Sedan

There was a thread post recently that solicited opinions on what the Cadillac portfolio might look like in the next 18 months. I had rang in and felt that the new 2008 CTS with it's wider STS track platform, but although shorter wheel base would continue to erode away STS sales which are already sluggish to begin with. The upcoming CTS 2 door coupe, hard top convertible and AWD platforms have all but sealed the death of the current Cadillac STS.

The DTS on the other hand offers traditional "full size" cabin space and the full size four door sedan luxury that Cadillac is know for. It's shortfall however is that it is the true "red haired stepchild" in the Cadillac portfolio offering none of the "arts & science" design theme that every other Cadillac is now known for; such as the CTS, SRX, XLR, SRX Cross-Over and finally the Escalade. The DTS in its current styling is truly your "grandfathers" Cadillac.

I had offered an opinion in a prior posting thread that I saw both of these vehicles (STS &DTS) being reintroduced as one full size four door vehicle built on the DTS platform with a completely revised sheet metal exterior and interior that was more in line with the current Cadillac Arts & Science design theme.

The article below from September 21, 2007 appears to confirm what my common sense was dictating.

I've included the editorial for your review.

Cadillac STS and DTS getting replaced by one model

Filed under: Cadillac

According to Jim Taylor, Cadillac’s general manager, the Cadillac DTS and STS sedans will be replaced by one premium-luxury sedan. The premium-luxury segment, which was booming five years ago, has had sluggish sales since.

For the first 8 months of 2007, Cadillac sold 33,368 DTS sedan, a 13.9 percent decrease over last year. STS sales accounted for 13,156 units sold, a 24.7 percent decrease from last year.

“So arguably, we don’t need two entries there anymore, given the shrinkage of that segment,” Jim Taylor, Cadillac’s general manager, told Automotive News. Taylor did not give a time period of when the change will take place but said the car will take the best of attributes of the STS and CTS.

Taylor said that Cadillac is also seriously considering an entry-level car with a price tag of around $28,000. He said that Cadillac is definitely considering catering to a group of customers that would go for a car pinned under the CTS

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac STS & DTS to be replaced with one 4 Door Sedan

I sat in a 2008 CTS and STS today and almost couldn't tell the difference inside or out. I actually felt more comfortable in the CTS. I like bigger cars and for whatever reason, the CTS felt at least the same inside if not bigger.. Give the CTS magnetic ride control and then what's better about the STS?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

frombk2sc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Re: Cadillac STS & DTS to be replaced with one 4 Door Sedan

have to agree wit previous statment... considered both vehicle for a little while (went with the CTS at the time)... but couldn't really find much of a difference...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.