CTS Coupe
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, CTS Coupe in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anybody have the "inside scoop" about a possible CTS coupe in the future? When would it be released, and ...
    Crispy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

CTS Coupe

Does anybody have the "inside scoop" about a possible CTS coupe in the future? When would it be released, and how does everyone feel about this option?

Thanks for all the feeback!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Re: Coupe

-Cadillac-2009 2010

Cadillac BRX: The BRX has been confirmed. It will ride on a new premium version of the Theta II platform and be a combination of the Epsilon II and Theta II platforms. Power will come from both the 2.8L HF V6 and the 3.6L HF V6. If gas prices remain high in the US, GM will also sell a 1.9L diesel BRX, otherwise the diesel will be for Europe only.

Cadillac CTS: Coupe/convertible and wagon models of the CTS are said to go on-sale in early to mid 2009 as 2010 models. The wagon is suppose to have quite a high-style look to it.

Cadillac Kappa: Caddy is planning a Kappa-based two-seater to compete with the likes of the BMW Z4. It is expected sometime in 2009. Kappa is a Saturn SKI and Pontiac Solstice

Cadillac XTS: Cadillac will continue to work on its goal to become the leader in luxury by entering the ultra luxury car market. Known as the “ULS,” it will probably be built on the Sigma II platform. This was going to arrive sometime in 2008, but because of the current financial situation, the program is on the back burner. Although it's far from being confirmed, GM is working on a 7.5L DOHC V12 powertrain that Caddy will likely use. There is also a Turbocharged version of the V12 in the works.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.ph..._Product_Guide

AMGoff is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '03 Seville STS, '89 Eldorado, '89 Grand Wagoneer

Hmmm... I usually try to keep up on future model speculation but this is the first I've heard about a possible "kappillac." If I did hear about it at some point I must have quickly forgotten it as there hasn't been that much talk on it.

I don't think I would agree with that move, probably because I don't think Cadillac needs to compete with BMW in every segment. With the XLR and the upcoming CTC-C (which btw, I think is a great move and am really looking forward to) that gives Cadillac two different convertibles, which I think is more than enough for one car company to have.

However, I've been saying for a long time that if the General were to roll out another kappa it should go to Buick. Maybe because I'm slightly biased toward Buick but they desperately need an image/halo car. IMO, a nice, little, upscale Buick roadster would be just what the doctor ordered. Design it using the Velite as a starting point and they'd be in business. I think I like this idea because despite the many jeers towards it I have always liked the Reatta.

Either way, it doesn't really matter what I think since ol' Lutzy-boy never bothers to return my calls...

AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by AMGoff View Post
    Hmmm... I usually try to keep up on future model speculation but this is the first I've heard about a possible "kappillac." If I did hear about it at some point I must have quickly forgotten it as there hasn't been that much talk on it.

I don't think I would agree with that move, probably because I don't think Cadillac needs to compete with BMW in every segment. With the XLR and the upcoming CTC-C (which btw, I think is a great move and am really looking forward to) that gives Cadillac two different convertibles, which I think is more than enough for one car company to have.

However, I've been saying for a long time that if the General were to roll out another kappa it should go to Buick. Maybe because I'm slightly biased toward Buick but they desperately need an image/halo car. IMO, a nice, little, upscale Buick roadster would be just what the doctor ordered. Design it using the Velite as a starting point and they'd be in business. I think I like this idea because despite the many jeers towards it I have always liked the Reatta.

Either way, it doesn't really matter what I think since ol' Lutzy-boy never bothers to return my calls...
    I heard it from an interview with Bob Putz. He siad he could not speak about it on camera. Hmmmmmm
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ha-2010-a.html

jpenn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm new to this forum. Like most of the other coupe lovers in this group, I'm trying to find some solid information regarding the CTS (c) coupe. Several publications have reported that a coupe will be built but the timing has ranged from 08 as an 09 to 2010 or beyond.

I've been a coupe (two door) owner most of my driving life, several Chevys, Olds and Acura. The best being the 89 Acura Legend the absolute worst being an 87 Olds Delta 88. I've been diverted from coupes for the past 10 years by three SUV's but now the thought of a CTS Coupe has me openly salivating.

Is there any official word on a CTS Coupe? Will it be 08, 09 or beyond?

I need to know because I'm beginning to waiver in favor of an 08 CTS, which I think is gorgeous in just about every way except is has two too many doors.

pietroraimondi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    I'm new to this forum. Like most of the other coupe lovers in this group, I'm trying to find some solid information regarding the CTS (c) coupe. Several publications have reported that a coupe will be built but the timing has ranged from 08 as an 09 to 2010 or beyond.

I've been a coupe (two door) owner most of my driving life, several Chevys, Olds and Acura. The best being the 89 Acura Legend the absolute worst being an 87 Olds Delta 88. I've been diverted from coupes for the past 10 years by three SUV's but now the thought of a CTS Coupe has me openly salivating.

Is there any official word on a CTS Coupe? Will it be 08, 09 or beyond?

I need to know because I'm beginning to waiver in favor of an 08 CTS, which I think is gorgeous in just about every way except is has two too many doors.
    Although I don't have the GM news link to provide; it has definetly been confirmed that the CTS will be available as a 2 door coupe and a 2 door coupe with a retractable hard top.

I think that Cadillac will hit a "grand slam" with the 2 door ( 4 seater ) retractable hard top convertible. Although it is not scheduled for release until 2010, I would imagine that it will carry about an $8000 base price premium when compared to the 2008 CTS 4 door sedan.

As they say at Barrett-Jackson...."When the top goes down; the price goes up".

I would suspect that the 2009 CTS Coupe will carry a base price of approximately $1800-$2000 more than the 2009 CTS Sedan.

I think that the CTS Coupe will be gorgeous and reminds me so much of what was so great about the flagship Eldorado. Spring for the extra retractable hard top convertible with seating for up to 3 people in the rear....."Grand Slam" for Cadillac.

Pietroraimondi,

Thanks for the insight, hopefully you have insider information. Your news prompts some additional questions.

- Is the coupe/convertible going to be a '10 and the Coupe an '09.

- If so, will the coupe be available this time next year, two years from now or somewhere in between.

- Do you know if the new coupe will have all of the same options as the present CTS ie: AWD, DI, Sport Suspension.

I agree that the Eldorado in all it's forms was a beautiful automobile.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

I don't think we'll see a CTS coupe for a couple of years - though it IS confirmed.. I seriously doubt there will be a V12 or even a V10 in Cadillac's near future.. Cadillac needs to compete with the Mercedes S-Class and Lexus LS "V8" before going after their larger engines...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Re: CTS Coupe

Based on the recent UAW contract details, the coupe and wagon will be produced at the Lansing Plant in 2009. This begs the question, does this mean as a 2009 model or in 2009 as a 2010? Let's hope it's the former rather than the latter. But in any event, this confirms that the coupe and wagon will be built.

Stopped by the local Caddy dealer yesterday to see if I could test drive a new CTS. They had just delivered the last one they had in stock. Seems they can't keep them long enough to put on the floor or offer for test drives.

I told the salesman that I wasn't really interested in the sedan but just wanted to get a feel for how it drove because I was going to wait for the coupe now that it was confirmed they would be building one.

He said yes, they have confirmed the coupe will be built and should arrive in Spring 08 !!! Has anyone else heard this report? I'm always suspect of quotes from salesmen.

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

I have always believed that Cadillac left a market untapped when it deserted the Eldorado (2003). Today I would love to own a mid-sized sport luxury coupe to replace my STS. I have been looking and what is readily available is the 3 Series BMW, and the SAAB 9-5 Convertible. Yes, I have been looking at sedans also, but this is because of lack of fairly large, Coupes and Convertibles. I don't want something I have to get into that's real low slung as I am already at the point mark where I want to remain, comfortable.

In answer to the question, it was my understanding that Cadillac would offer a CTS Coupe for the 2010 vehicle year, this generally means a Fall 2009, or Early spring 2010 launch. I believe this is too late, because of the gaps in the Cadillac line-up. I really don't see the wagon as viable in the USA, as the SUV segment has all but dominated that market. Also with alternative fuel vehicles second, and third generation currently under development, a wagon may be an expensive step, backward. Cadillac needs to get ready to launch a premium entry to make the line-up fresh and appealing.

I don't like to beat a "dead horse" but one Sedan (CTS) does not a Brand make.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

i still say it should be called a ETC...
    its principle...
    when i get one even if they dont call it an ETC, ill be re-badging it everywhere ETC

LeftyCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    I don't think we'll see a CTS coupe for a couple of years - though it IS confirmed.. I seriously doubt there will be a V12 or even a V10 in Cadillac's near future.. Cadillac needs to compete with the Mercedes S-Class and Lexus LS "V8" before going after their larger engines...
    I went to The 2008 Orange County (CA) Auto Show this past Fri. I talked to a Cadillac Rep. that confirmed the CTS coupe & wagon will be in production for 09. He said both cars might debut at the Detroit Auto Show. The V will also return in 09 in both the coupe & sedan with a possibility of the wagon having a V badge.
    As for the rest of the Cadillac lineup the rep said the E12 (E = Eldorado), a coupe with a V12 under the hood will go into production. The F16 ( F = Fleetwood), based off the Sixteen concept, will also be produced. Both cars will be in showrooms around 2011.
    If the 08 CTS looks this good, I can't wait to see the E12 & F16.

jpar552002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I found this on the cheers and gears site. Is this real or a chop??? You decide:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...0&#entry333584

frombk2sc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac Escalade ESV

i go wit chop... if not... guess i need to really consider the XLR... cause im lookin to purchase a coupe pretty soon.. but was hopin for something at $50,000 and under...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.