2011 Cadillac XLS (STS/DTS Replacement) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, 2011 Cadillac XLS (STS/DTS Replacement) in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; is funny cause the first thing i also thought about when seeing this creation was a hearse......
    frombk2sc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Re: 2011 Cadillac XLS (STS/DTS Replacement)

is funny cause the first thing i also thought about when seeing this creation was a hearse...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Just a quick update.. Posted at GM Inside News:

"The DTS/STS replacement remains on schedule for Job 1 in late 2010 with first deliveries in 1Q of 2011. No decision yet on wheher it will be a 2011 (or more likely a 2012) model. The car has grown during development to meet various design and safety issues; it is now near 205" in length, so those of you worried about the car being too small can rest easy; more criticism will be that it is too big. It will be offered with 2 V6 engines and a 5 liter DOHC V8 at introduction. The V6 models ONLY will have AWD available; the AWD V8 has been canned as has the diesel variant and will only be available in RWD. A hybrid will follow in a year or so. The styling remains to be finalized, but is evolving into a bigger CTS and less like the Sixteen as earlier trends had suggested. The final pick should emerge soon.

Discussions continue as to whether the car should cater to the current DTS clients or move into the BMW/MB arena; it seems like it will be more geared to please DTS buyers."
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The latest I'm hearing is that the STS/DTS replacement will favor the sportiness of the STS and that Buick will be bringing the Park Avenue from China as a replacement for the DTS crowd. Honestly, I really don't like that news because it means my favorite Cadillacs will now either be a Lexus LS or a Buick Park Avenue.. I really hope the ultra luxury sedan we hear about will be something like a Mercedes S-Class and nothing like a BMW 7-Series...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

I did not like that news at all either !

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

So will there be a V8 available or not? As to being "sporty", are we talking BMW sporty or Cadillac sporty? 'Cause I could live with Cadillac sporty.

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

First off forgive the morbid references. Bob Lutz now 75 will be almost 80 when the so called replacement is ready. At that age the only approval for design he should be in charge of is the Livery Division, Limousines and Hearse conversions. After the engine fiasco, I don't believe any of the press reports at all. The bean counters reign supreme at GM HQ.

Unless other vehicles such as the CTC Coupe, the CTX Wagon, and a re freshened XLR, are introduced by 2012, no one will be shopping at a Cadillac Dealership for anything. When a business loses it's market share, because of product neglect (can be called client abandonment also), by the time something comes out, no one's waiting to buy it. As attractive as the CTS is, America is the only place it's selling...it wasn't designed with the European market in mind (lack of Euro spec engines, the overall weight, and packaging of the interior).

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

In my last post I only indicated the negative perception of what I envision was occurring in the GM Tower. I have come across the article in AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE about the 2009 CTS V, unveiled at the Detroit Autoshow, and I must say "Bravo GM." Having experienced the "tight fit" of the garden variety CTS, the V Series uses Recaro seats which increase the headroom about 4 inches (from experience), allowing tall persons to comfortably be seated in the car. This is also a feature when trying to sell the CTS to: Germans, Swedes, and Nordic persons as well, as they tend to be tall and wider.

I have to remind myself that because I have little or no "inside information" I can only react to the tidbits I glean across, magazine articles, auto news, and forums such as these. So I must be pardoned when I occasionally overreact or am underwhelmed by information (whether incomplete, or erroneous) I receive.

Last week I had coffee with a former General Manager of a Local Cadillac Dealership and he gave me his take on what the marketing strategy of GM might be for the near future of Cadillac. I commented that the CTS should have been released as a complete lineup with the accompanying engine offerings for it's target marketing. He having spent decades representing GM knew why the didn't...."Dollars and Cents."

Again I believe the DTS/STS replacement is being set out too long, allowing for the current offerings to "die" and lose name recognition. Sending buyers like me into foreign makers dealerships (MB, LEXUS) to replace our aging vehicles because of lack of product.

lbwd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD

LMFAO. I don't know what I'd do if Cadillac made a car like that.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Make it more sleak, sharp and sporty like the vibes of the Sixteen, and you have a global luxury winner!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.