Cadillac nixing the barges, introducing new BRX CUV and RWD sedans - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Cadillac nixing the barges, introducing new BRX CUV and RWD sedans in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; True, but atleast an 06+ DTS was sorta up the same alley....
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Cadillac nixing the barges, introducing new BRX CUV and RWD sedans

True, but atleast an 06+ DTS was sorta up the same alley.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

The fact that the old, boring Town Car is still selling - and how the Chrysler 300 took off - should be prime examples of how many people are out there to buy these types of vehicles. Not forgetting the Jaguar XJR, Mercedes S-Class, BMW 7-Series. Audi A8, Infiniti Q45 (which will be back) and Lexus LS either. Maybe they're thinking like Acura with their little baby RL.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

MachX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan deVille 4.9L/1994 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L

Wow, it's amazing how much things change, but yet stay the same. Most of us aren't old enough to remember (at least I'm not) the 'great downsizing' of 1977 when Cadillac's fullsizers lost 12 inches and several hundred pounds. I imagine people were screaming bloody murder. But try to imagine if 234 inch sedans were still being sold. Who would buy one? Who could afford the fuel in one? But also remember that the downsizing didn't diminish the interior room in a Caddy, simply because they got smarter in their design efficiency. Of course, for people that truly want a monstrously huge vehicle, the Escalade seems to get larger and more extravagant every redesign. And Town Car sales are primarily low profit fleet sales, which is why it gets little attention from Ford. The 300 took off because it's an efficient package (smaller than both DTS and Town Car) with scads of interior room. This trend isn't likely to reverse itself as people WILL buy large cars, but only if they don't have to sacrifice handling and/or fuel efficiency for exterior size (remember that 300's are primarily sold with one of two V6's).

When I say I want a big car, it's the interior space I'm talking about. If they could give me the room of a 1996 RWD Fleetwood in a Yugo, I'd take it. Of course, that's impossible - but you get my point...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

LD50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Like everything else - money rules the the design.

If true, this is going to be tough.

I will remain hopefull that I will be able to buy a 2009 6 passenger Cadi as nice as my 2002 DHS.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

We just did a quote for a company that is getting the new Ultra engine mfg centers bid.....should be interesting to see what GM puts it in...

F

I hear this new engine is still going to be called, "Northstar". I guess that's fine but I was thinking something "new" would be intriguing enough for people to look into...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.