Future of GM
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac News, Concepts, Future Models, Rumors and more Discussion, Future of GM in Current Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; This site gets updated and changes often http://www3.sympatico.ca/tedkrygier/future.htm...
    AJxtcman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Northstar Tuner

Future of GM

This site gets updated and changes often
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/tedkrygier/future.htm

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Future of GM

• GMT166 _Cadillac_ BRX ___spring 2009 ___Theta Premium (Epsilon II/Theta), __Ramos Arizpe
    • GMT168 _SAAB ___9-4X___ spring 2009 ___Theta Premuim (Epsilon II/Theta), __Ramos Arizpe
    • GMT966 _Saturn__ Outlook __2006 __Lambda _crossover sport-utility
    • GMT967_ Buick ___Enclave __2007 __Lambda_ crossover sport-utility
    • GMT968 _GMC____Acadia ___2007__ Lambda _crossover sport-utility

Future Product Guide: gminsidenews
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.ph..._Product_Guide

-2008 Model-Year

Cadillac BRX: A premium Theta II-based small crossover could make its way into Cadillac’s lineup in the 2008 model year. Rumor has it that the BRX will be built in Mexico.

Cadillac CTS: An all-new larger CTS is going to arrive in late 2007. It will be underpinned by GM’s new Sigma II platform and is said to be all-wheel drive capable. For more information, including photos, click here.

-2009 Model-Year

Cadillac BLS: Bob Lutz himself has said that the currently Europe-only BLS will come to America when it is redesigned. A wagon version may follow. The BLS will be based on the Epsilon II platform which will offer GM a variety of body styles and configurations. We could see the BLS on sale here in 2010.

Cadillac BRX: A premium Theta II-based small crossover could make its way into Cadillac’s lineup in the 2008 model year. Rumor has it that the BRX will be built in Mexico.

Cadillac CTS: Coupe, convertible, and wagon versions of the new CTS will arrive in 2009.

Cadillac CTS-V: We've already seen spy shots of the next CTS-V. What powertrain the CTS-V is actually sporting is still a mystery, but we speculate that it will have either a Supercharged DOHC V8, or an all new Small-Block V8. Nonetheless, it is a fact that the car will have over 500 HP.

Cadillac SRX: The SRX will be discontinued sometime around 2009-10. Cadillac is considering replacing it with a Lambda crossover.

-2010+

Cadillac Kappa: Caddy is planning a Kappa-based two-seater to compete with the likes of the BMW Z4. Expect is sometime in 2009.

Cadillac XTS: Cadillac will continue to work on its goal to become the leader in luxury by entering the ultra luxury car market. Known as the “ULS,” it will probably be built on the Sigma II platform. This was going to arrive sometime in 2008, but because of the current financial situation, the program is on the back burner. Although it's far from being confirmed, GM is working on a 7.5L DOHC V12 powertrain that Caddy will likely use. There is also a Turbocharged version of the V12 in the works.

Smile Re: Future of GM

2008 or 2009 CTS V Engine
    I read an article that has the CTS V as a 3.6L direct injected Supercharged car. This is to get Cadillac to be a more elite brand. No more Chevy engines. I do know that the Northstar has out lived its time. The Northstar will be gone.
    I have read that the New CTS V will have a LS2 and another article that said it will have a 6.0L SC that is all exclusive to Caddy.
    I would prefer the first. They need to keep some steps in level changes
    CTS V6 or V6 SC _______5spd
    STS V6 or V8 or V8 SC __5 or 6spd
    DTS V8_______________6spd
    XLR V8 or V8 SC or V12__6spd or 8? with active fuel management

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

My prediction is that GM will be a future subsidiary of Toyota Worldwide Motors.

PAULSTSMAN1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 CADILLAC STS

Cool Re: Future of GM/FORD ON DEATH WATCH

In my last post of 05/18 I made the terrible statement that GM may end up a division of TOYOTA WORLDWIDE MOTORS. This was a great fear of mine.

Today I saw an article featured in FORBES, written by Jack Bryaur, a Columnist for CONTRARIAN PERSPECTIVE, speculating on which Company will file for Chapter 11 Protection first GENERAL MOTORS CORP. OR FORD MOTOR COMPANY.

You might read the article for yourselves: http://www.forbes.com/finance/2007/0...apbox_inl.html

It's not a pretty picture, the American Auto manufacturer's are waiting to die.

Quote Originally Posted by AJxtcman View Post
    Future Product Guide: gminsidenews
    http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.ph..._Product_Guide

-2010+

Cadillac Kappa: Caddy is planning a Kappa-based two-seater to compete with the likes of the BMW Z4. Expect is sometime in 2009.
    If you don't know already I will tell you that I have a Northstar FIERO. Everyone always ask me what my next project is. I say if I could do another car it would be a VVT 4.6L in a SKY or the ultimate would be the 4.4L in a SKY.
    Kappa is a SKY and I hear we may really get a Cadillac Kappa. I bet it will be the 3.6L 300hp, but you never know.
    I have read that the CTS-V will not use the Chevy engine in 08. I read it will be a 3.6L SC. I will learn next month what it realy will be. GM has not released information on this.
    A 3.6L SC SKY would be fun

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

XTS ???????
    It means nothing ,I see no point of why GM insists of not using and calling Fleetwood Brougham in its the highest car .
    PS-If GM will make the Fleetwood Brougham like their most models then they better don't make it any more .
    FWD,lack of chrome trim and plastic bumpers are un Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacboy View Post
    XTS ???????
    It means nothing ,I see no point of why GM insists of not using and calling Fleetwood Brougham in its the highest car .
    PS-If GM will make the Fleetwood Brougham like their most models then they better don't make it any more .
    FWD,lack of chrome trim and plastic bumpers are un Fleetwood
    I am sorry but BRO HAMS are JUNK!!!!!!
    Impotent SS are junk also.
    They drive like crap. If you feel the lack of feel is luxury I feel sorry for you.
    A CTS is twice the Luxury as a Bro Ham.
    When I was at the Chevy dealer and we got a IMP or Caprice it was a gift. They averaged about 20 hours worth of repairs every 40K miles.
    I just don't see the love affair in the Bro Hams.

FUTURE GM CARS AND TRUCKS

>>>>latest update May 2, 2008<<<<(things change almost daily, updated when possible)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.