: Track Junkies...Question For You...

Chef
02-25-07, 02:00 PM
I'm considering taking out the fog lights and either doing some brake cooling duct work or utilize it as sort of a top splitter. I will add the lower splitter soon but am wondering what benefits or drawbacks if any it would be with them hallow?

Thanks in advance....Would be nice to have a "track or race" section on this site:confused:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l78/ChefsVenom/Closerfront1new.jpg

Dennisscars
02-25-07, 02:18 PM
That would be cool (No pun intended).. lots of ram air potential going on in your dry part of the country.

rand49er
02-25-07, 03:16 PM
...Would be nice to have a "track or race" section on this site:confused: ...Not to digress too much (i.e. threadjack), but I've thought of this, too. Sorta like categorizing subjects more like the ls1tech and gto forums.

The problem I see is that unless you look thru all those various sections, you tend to miss subjects that you didn't know you'd be interested in. I like our little community here ... it's not too big, and there's all KINDS of stuff to read about right here in our little CTS-V world. :bouncy:

BTW, though I might not initally want to do what you're talking about doing here, I'm going to read this with great interest. Who knows, it's happened before (Hotchkis and GC come to mind) where I ended up doing the mod, too.

Chef
02-25-07, 03:57 PM
Your're right about the "feel". Without that the pulse slows down. I was just thinking out loud on one general topic because it seems either you track it or you don't but the ones on the fence that might could certainly have a centralized learning spot to check into.

Good point...

Chef

v-ape
02-26-07, 08:42 AM
I would use it to cool the brakes more, I think it will be a bigger performance gain that a front splitter would be. Also, the aerodynamic force on such a small area is tiny. I dont think there would be a big benefit there.

I dont know about you, but my brakes started to fade at the end of the last session of the day. I use street/auto-x pads though...

Lord Cadillac
02-26-07, 09:16 AM
If there's something you'd like to see around here, be sure to let me know or mention it in the Feedback forum.We generally do exactly what happened right here (but on a site-wide basis).

ZEUSROTTY
02-26-07, 05:38 PM
good idea, but why not just route the hoses to the sides of your intercooler? and keep it behind the mesh grill?

Chef
02-26-07, 08:59 PM
good idea, but why not just route the hoses to the sides of your intercooler? and keep it behind the mesh grill?

No mas intercooler...No mas Maggie. Making room for the 427 plus a snail or tt's.

guyspat
02-27-07, 07:54 PM
I'm interested in the the front splitter that you mentionned. Would you mind providing more details?

Chef
02-27-07, 08:33 PM
I'm interested in the the front splitter that you mentionned. Would you mind providing more details?

Either a mold made from a local carbon fiber guy or specter werkes for $600.00...

Dennisscars
02-27-07, 10:42 PM
No mas intercooler...No mas Maggie. Making room for the 427 plus a snail or tt's.

Well there 'ya go... Twin turbo's... an intake on either side.. ram air is free boost. :highfive: