: 96 Seville Car Computer

rodgerdjr
02-25-07, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

I have a 1996 Seville SLS and I want to put a PC in my car. I want to replace the headunit with a touch screen monitor that I have. I have read that you cannot just take out the headunit as it is needed for some of the other features the car offers. One idea was to move the head unit to the trunck and run a cable from the original location to the trunk. Then the stearing wheel controls would still work. I also read that there is a connection on the back on the unit that would allow for an input device, I was thinking my PC. So if I could find the pinouts for the Radio then I could create the cable to run to the back so I could put the touch screen in the console. Does anyone know where I can get the pinout for my radio and also if there really is a place I could plug an aux input. My radio is just a stock AM/FM/CASS non Bose radio.

Thank you,
Rodger

welshlad
03-06-07, 05:21 PM
i was installing an aftermarket deck in my 96 seville and for a while i had the oem deck out, and my steering wheel controls still worked(of course not the volume controls though) BUT the amps thought the deck was still on so they stayed on and drained the battery overnight all the time. i havent heard myself of an aux input. i have my oem deck reattached and stuffed inside my console with a clarion dvd deck in its place, and everything works fine. keep us posted with the carputer project, im interested in doing the same

the727kid
03-06-07, 07:39 PM
I took the radio out of my 97 eldo no issues.