: Light Green

jrose7004
02-25-07, 12:22 PM
I'm looking at a 05 SRX that is Light Green. Nobody at the dealership knows about the color and it doesn't seem to show up on the Cadillac website. The car was purchased in Mesa Arizona, has a special pinstripe that has cactus and mountians and sunset in it. Was this a special promotional color? It looks different in different lights, looks almost gray with a gold tint. Anyone know anything about it?

BarryH_GEG
02-25-07, 12:59 PM
The color was called Silver Green. Here's the link to 2005 online order guide where all the 2005 colors are shown.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2005&regionID=1&divisionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=755&section=col_trim&page=9&butID=3

n7don_srx
02-25-07, 01:03 PM
If you look on the RPO list there will be a line near the bottom with the paint code. Usually follows BC/CC then the code. It will say something like "SERVICE PARTS INDENTIFICATION" at the top followed by a bunch of alpha-numberic codes. You can confirm Silver Green if the code is 92U
Did you buy the car in Mesa? I was recently in the Coulter showroom. They had a Buick Lucere adorned the way you describe.... called the Arizona Edition or something close to that.

robhersch
02-25-07, 01:04 PM
One standard 04 & 05 SRX color was 'silver green', also common color for 05 STS. The pin stripe + cactus, mountains, & sunset likely promoted by a local artist so that the owner could spif up his combo garage & family room.

jrose7004
02-25-07, 01:39 PM
I haven't bought it yet, it's on the lot at one of the larger Cadillac Dealers in OKC. The car is loaded, very low mileage. For some reason I'm drawn to the color because you don't see it everyday. I've always heard that you shouldn't buy a green car but it's different and hard to describe. It is a V6 but seems to have plenty of power. It has power 3rd row seats, the sunroof, XM.

caddycruiser
02-25-07, 02:58 PM
Yes, the Silver Green is quite a unique and not overly built color, and I think looks great on the SRX. If all checks out, and the price is right, I'd say snatch it up--always nice to have something you enjoy and that also is special, at least a little bit.

jrose7004
03-01-07, 12:01 AM
I bought it! Got a great deal on the car, they certified it and I got the warranty extended. Great car to drive and I think that I'll get along with it really well!