: How do I keep a sub from bouncing around in the trunk?

Jesda
02-25-07, 05:46 AM
I have a big twin-12" subwoofer box in the trunk. How do you keep it from bouncing around back there?

itspac
02-25-07, 09:15 AM
Bolt the box down. A few L brackets and bolts should do it

OffThaHorseCEO
02-25-07, 10:14 AM
mine were always heavy enough to weigh themselves down, but they shift or slide just a lil bit

so i go to wal-mart and buy some adhesive velcro strips, one side is the hook the other side loops, i usually only use the hooks since either the box is carpeted or the trunk is carpeted, stick the velcro somewhere and make sure it holds, that should help some

CadillacSTS42005
02-25-07, 11:23 AM
velcro will hold them
however if you bolt them down and someone steals them
your insurance co will cover them if stolen!

the727kid
02-25-07, 01:17 PM
Velco = bad idea.... 100lb loaded box > velcro. Shit my 60lb batteries>industrial velcro. I use L brackets and they get the job done, they are like 6 for $2 at home depot.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-25-07, 08:54 PM
Velco = bad idea.... 100lb loaded box > velcro. Shit my 60lb batteries>industrial velcro. I use L brackets and they get the job done, they are like 6 for $2 at home depot.
yea but then you gotta drill into the car, screw that. if your subs are positioned well in the first place they wont slide around, ive NEVER EVER (even before velcro) had a sub box move more than 2 inches from where it was and when it did it was sideways from taking a big curve.

OffThaHorseCEO
02-25-07, 08:55 PM
velcro will hold them
however if you bolt them down and someone steals them
your insurance co will cover them if stolen!

nationwide will cover up to 1500 of customized unlisted equipment anyways and $30 per $500covg will get you more coverage with receipts for the rest

itspac
03-01-07, 01:00 AM
yea but then you gotta drill into the car, screw that. if your subs are positioned well in the first place they wont slide around, ive NEVER EVER (even before velcro) had a sub box move more than 2 inches from where it was and when it did it was sideways from taking a big curve.

Sometimes you have to pay to play. If you drill holes i just recommend you atleast prime the spot you drilled. velcro might not always work, depending how you want the box positioned for the right sound coverage.

the727kid
03-01-07, 10:04 AM
3/4 false floor to drill into :)

CadillacSTS42005
03-01-07, 10:12 AM
the way you change systems kid whats the point in even drilling it down... next week youll be putting in another new set of subs...

the727kid
03-01-07, 01:54 PM
Lmao, I get bored! My door panels are off right now, I'm waiting on my boy to come over with a 18v drill.

xxpinballxx
03-01-07, 03:41 PM
In my old cars I always shaped a face board that once carpeted had to be tapped into place with a rubber mallet to hold everything in place and add some asthetics to the trunk space.