: Considering an 2006CTS-V

tonyny@comcast.net
02-24-07, 11:22 PM
I am strongly considering buying a used 06 CTS-V with less than 6K miles. I love the looks and the power of this car and it would be my first Cadillac. I currently have an 06 G35 6 speed coupe. I had two great test drives in the V and I am about hooked.

The CTS-V I am looking at is near new condition with the exception of two minor scratches on one the wheels. The rest of the car is in excellant condition and the warrantly has about 3 years remaining which is about one year more than I'll need. The asking price is $41,995. I was thinking of placing a 39K bid for starters. Does this seem like a reasonable price for this car ?

Thanks in advance.
Tony

lawfive
02-24-07, 11:47 PM
Pretty fair price.

heavymetals
02-24-07, 11:50 PM
I think you can do better on the price.

Look around.

vettethret
02-25-07, 12:37 AM
I am strongly considering buying a used 06 CTS-V with less than 6K miles. I love the looks and the power of this car and it would be my first Cadillac. I currently have an 06 G35 6 speed coupe. I had two great test drives in the V and I am about hooked.

The CTS-V I am looking at is near new condition with the exception of two minor scratches on one the wheels. The rest of the car is in excellant condition and the warrantly has about 3 years remaining which is about one year more than I'll need. The asking price is $41,995. I was thinking of placing a 39K bid for starters. Does this seem like a reasonable price for this car ?

Thanks in advance.
Tony

I just picked up an 07 for 46.8k Are you leasing or paying cash. There are great lease specials until the end of the month. I got a 30 month lease for $635, $1200 down. I have a shit load of stuff coming for the car, when the lease is up I walways put them back to stock and get some of my dough back by selling the parts. I just got rid of my 06 IS350 into this as my daily. Be ready for the interior quality to go way down. I love my new V and wouldnt trade it back, but Japanese quality is leaps and bounds above this car. Of course when its slammed with a huge cam I'll forget all about it!:thumbsup: :highfive:

Albertan
02-25-07, 12:57 AM
Tony
I bought a 2006 in Dec, it had 125 miles and I paid $40K. I got a heck of a deal though.
Bruce

tonyny@comcast.net
02-25-07, 08:31 AM
Thanks all for the useful suggestions.

Regards,
Tony

rand49er
02-25-07, 09:28 AM
I think you can do better on the price.

Look around.Yeah that.

The car you're looking at sounds like it's in pretty good shape, though. Still, there are a bunch of 'em out there, and that price is a bit high, IMHO.

arr0gant
02-25-07, 10:35 AM
You can prolly get it for a little lower, also, go drive the new 335i as well.

Silver Dollar
02-25-07, 12:15 PM
I bought my 06 new 8 months ago for $41,200

tonyny@comcast.net
02-25-07, 01:23 PM

My wife wants me to buy a 335I so I test drove it twice and don't get me wrong, its an excellant car and all but it just didn't excite me as much as the V and its 400HP. Same with the new 07 G35 sedan (and I have been driving Z's and G's for a long time). I think I am going to go with the V but I will look for a lower price and or lower mileage car.

Thanks

Jschmank
02-25-07, 02:43 PM
A good place to look .at prices and availability is autotrader.com

Davidstan
02-25-07, 03:57 PM
I traded my 06 w/ 7000 to the dealer and after 2 weeks my salesman said it sold for 39K. Perfect condition but small wheel rash on R R.

arr0gant
02-25-07, 04:13 PM
My wife wants me to buy a 335I so I test drove it twice and don't get me wrong, its an excellant car and all but it just didn't excite me as much as the V and its 400HP. Same with the new 07 G35 sedan (and I have been driving Z's and G's for a long time). I think I am going to go with the V but I will look for a lower price and or lower mileage car.

Thanks

For $1300 you can have 400BPH and 400HP at the wheels!!
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=119485
Sixty mph arrives in 4.6 seconds and the quarter-mile flashes by in 13.0 seconds at 109 mph, 0.3 second quicker than the last stock 335i with an automatic transmission that we tested. And that's quicker than any stock Evo or Audi RS 4 we've ever tested.

ctsvflorida
02-25-07, 04:36 PM

You're on the wrong forum!

CIWS
02-25-07, 06:43 PM
Now we just need CVP33 to talk him into a Chrysler ;)

arr0gant
02-25-07, 08:06 PM
You're on the wrong forum!

I used to have a V, LOVED IT and now I drive a P. I LOVE the V but just thought he may want to check out that new Bimmer. I drove it and LOVED it. I can't wait for the NEW V with 505BPH!!! ;)

1Sonterra
02-25-07, 08:33 PM
You will love the V's power and looks. I had a 2003 Corvette 6 speed, moved into a 2005 G35....it was nice, and fun....but no where near the HP and torque I was used to. I have a 2005 CTS V and it is much quicker and more powerful with the LS 6 in it. The room is great too......the G35 did not have much of a useful back seat.....nice to haul ass around town, and then haul people when needed without apologizing for no room in the 2 door!

Just my feedback.

Good luck and let us know when you get one!

1Sonterra:thumbsup:

tonyny@comcast.net
02-26-07, 05:08 AM
I will certainly let you know what I end up with.

BTW - I am sure this has been covered in these forums, I know that the new CTS comes out this summer but when will the new V version arrive?

CIWS
02-26-07, 05:28 AM
No official details on the car yet, other than they are building one. Probably at least another year.

tonyny@comcast.net
02-26-07, 05:25 PM
I made a 38K offer for the 06 V with 6K miles and it was rejected by dealer with not counter offer. They suggested that I buy a different 06 V on their lot with 14K miles but I said no thanks.

Judging from the replies here it appears that 38K was a fair enough price. I am in no hurry so perhaps they will reconsider. There is an 04 with 11K miles for $32,500 at a differnet local dealer (one I have done business with in the past)but not sure if I want an 04. Its in great condition but I hear about the wheel hop issue plus the 04ís do not have the newer engine. Any advice? Is the 04 a good purchase at 32,500? I can tell that it is in great shape and it still under the new car warranty.

Thanks in advance.
Tony

ctsvflorida
02-26-07, 09:06 PM
I made a 38K offer for the 06 V with 6K miles and it was rejected by dealer with not counter offer. They suggested that I buy a different 06 V on their lot with 14K miles but I said no thanks.

Judging from the replies here it appears that 38K was a fair enough price. I am in no hurry so perhaps they will reconsider. There is an 04 with 11K miles for $32,500 at a differnet local dealer (one I have done business with in the past)but not sure if I want an 04. Its in great condition but I hear about the wheel hop issue plus the 04’s do not have the newer engine. Any advice? Is the 04 a good purchase at 32,500? I can tell that it is in great shape and it still under the new car warranty.

Thanks in advance.
Tony

The newer engine is no better than the LS6. If at all, very slightly more mod friendly but we have plenty of LS6's with some real mileage on them and they seems to hold up fine! This is something we are not sure yet about the LS2. I am sure it will hold up fine but history can attest to the 'We don't know yet theory'!

If the '04 is certified, then I would offer $30k and pay $31k with 6 years and 100k miles, you'll be fine. As far as the wheel hop issue...they ALL have it!

Just some insight, these cars lose value faster then a hooker with HIV so get in cheap and get out cheap. The '04 is closer to it's bottom and the '06 has a ways to go. You could wait for an '06 employee car, or whatever they call them. Check with superior caddy and also Lindsay caddy. I've seen deals with them that are excellent and well worth the shipping to where ever you are, or the drive.

Albertan
02-26-07, 10:39 PM
Tony
The 2004 and 2005 cars are the same except for some additional colors in 2005. The 2006 cars come with the LS2 and a beefed up rear. However many of the earlier cars have had the rears replaced under warrenty and now have the 2006 rear as well.
Bruce

12race
02-27-07, 03:21 PM

Thanks in advance.
Tony

Tony:

I have an 06' Platinum V. It was a program car had 2800 miles on it. Bought 12/23/06, out the door with certified warranty (6 yr, 100k) $40,500.

So, with that said I would start at $38k, worst they will do is say no, and counter. The other option if they won'y move on price is asking for the certified warranty. Is this a caddy dealer, GM or other?

I am inn sales and business development, my customers :thepan: the crap out of me all the time. You are the customer, act like one, and ask for everything you can think of. If you don't ask, they probably won't offer something unles they have to.

I do encourage you to get your but in the V and join the brotherhood! The next step is accessories:bling:

You will get a lot of support on questions on the forum.

:burn:

Cheers

ctsvflorida
02-27-07, 04:16 PM
In reply to '12race' about certification:

I believe a car can only be certified if it has more than 5k miles and be more than 6 months old so the '06 doesn't seem to fit that criteria. I think each manufacturer is different but most are close to this.

tonyny@comcast.net
02-27-07, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Just some insight, these cars lose value faster then a hooker with HIV so get in cheap and get out cheap.[/QUOTE]

Now I really can’t wait to put my hard earned money down on this car.
:hmm:

urbanski
02-28-07, 06:39 AM
Now I really canít wait to put my hard earned money down on this car.
:hmm:

haha
same can be said of most cars lol :lol:

12race
02-28-07, 07:24 AM
In reply to '12race' about certification:

I believe a car can only be certified if it has more than 5k miles and be more than 6 months old so the '06 doesn't seem to fit that criteria. I think each manufacturer is different but most are close to this.

The dealer just refereed to the 6yr/100k as the cadillac certified warranty. Was just suggesting to try and barter on the warranty piece. That is what I did. Dealer said they had no more room to go down on price, but would include the 6yr/100k.