: Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Users?!

lennyk1
02-24-07, 08:56 AM
:rant2:After buying a 2004 N* last year, the front OEM tires are already getting thin at 20K. After sifting through almost every tire-related post & doing some research, it looks like the 255-55-R18 Dueler Alenza would be a good choice to matched sizes, rotation and good wear, performance & ride from my beast?! Reviews show good satisfaction from non-SRX owners and Tire Rack comparison ratings show it high up on satisfaction, etc.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?width=255%2F&ratio=55&diameter=18&type=HAS

:worship: Have any of you run these and what did you find!? For $199 they seem to beat the OEMs across the board. What say all of you?

Thanks, Lenny (Sorry, Squiggy is not at this address.....LOL)

usa1208
03-10-07, 09:00 PM
I bought the Dueler's in December '06 and think that they are just outstanding! Very very quiet, excellent traction in snow and rain. I would highly reccomend them.

jrose7004
03-10-07, 11:14 PM
I've got some Duelers on another GM vehicle and have been very pleased.

Tom Wheeler
03-11-07, 02:54 PM
Lenny,
I have no experience with the Dueler's and I'm sure they are a great tire, but you might also want to consider the number one rated tire in that servey the Goodyear Fortera TripleTred. Locally they run about $180, and even though in the past I have not liked the Goodyear's overall, (over priced-under performace) I had TripleTred's on my last vehicle and they were great. I put 45,000 miles on them before I sold my last car and they still according to the tire dealer have close to 50% tred left on them.
I wish the TripleTred's came in 255-45x20 or 255-50x20's and I would put those on my car instead of the Toyo's.

Tom

FarEast
03-12-07, 10:38 PM
Last time I checked (early January) TripleTreads weren't available.

Tom Wheeler
03-13-07, 05:48 AM
The TripleTred's are now available, Tire Rack has them in stock as well as many local dealers. They were short or out of stock in January due to the strike at Goodyear at the end of last year.

Tom

lennyk1
03-14-07, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the inputs.....I am still pondering but will decide soon....about 2-4k more from these little beauties.

The amazing thing about the OEM Pilots is that I have the "exact same" tires, different size of course, on my Acura RL and I am getting outstanding wear on those.....about 30k and doing really well.....go figure.....but for certain I will be going to same size all around.....I have seen no one report rubbing, etc problems with "going square" so I can rotate the blood things....smile.

Lenny

Sackett
04-05-12, 09:59 AM
New owner here, just ordered a set of the Alenza's to be installed on Saturday. We just picked up a 2008 with 25k miles, stock 17" RSA's which are shot already, especially the rears. With no option to rotate back to front, does this impact length of wear at all?

PJ1520
04-05-12, 05:26 PM
Front tires will usually wear faster than rears, even if the weight distribution of the vehicle is 50/50 front to rear, even if the AWD power is evenly distributed front and rear, staggered sizes or not.......especially the outside edges of the fronts. The fronts get scrubbed pretty good due to friction when turning.

My OEM staggered Michelins did wear pretty evenly AFTER I discovered that 30 psi front and 32 psi rear as recommended was too low by about 2-3 pounds.......think the recommendations was to achieve a softer Cadillac-like ride (at the expense of the front tires). Once I bumped the psi 2-3 pounds all the way around, the tires wore evenly, though the fronts were about 2/32 more worn when I retired them.

PJ

dctex99
04-05-12, 07:53 PM
I have Alenzas on the rear of my 06; they have lasted well; about half worn with 22,000 on them!!