: Crossed speaker wires?

phathead785
02-24-07, 12:08 AM
Hey guys,

Im trying to figure out if my speaker wires are crossed in my 96 deville...

I installed all new infinities in my dash and in each door and in the rear deck but I think some of the wires might be crossed. How can I tell which wire is positive or negative in this vehicle?

BTW I have the premium bose package in it with the extra amp in the rear behind the seats (if that makes a difference)

Thank you so much.

the727kid
02-25-07, 01:10 PM
Umm just look to see if the speakers are going in or out when playing. If they are playing in, then switch the wires.

CadillacSTS42005
02-25-07, 01:15 PM
bass hits speak should be pushing out

Closet Boy
05-06-07, 10:29 AM
bass hits speak should be pushing out

Could you clarify your statement please. If you are facing the speaker, and the bass hits, does the speaker element come towards or away from you???

CadillacSTS42005
05-06-07, 09:29 PM
i guess if you want to be that literal it depends on which end is facing you...

JC316
05-07-07, 01:34 AM
Could you clarify your statement please. If you are facing the speaker, and the bass hits, does the speaker element come towards or away from you???

If you are looking at the front cone part of the speaker, it should be coming at you, if you are looking at it from the maganet end, it should be going away from you.

CadillacSTS42005
05-07-07, 11:04 PM
ahh
but see
thats not a rule of thumb
bose pancake speakers have the magnet on the face of the speaker....

Jonas McFeely
05-07-07, 11:35 PM
Does having the wires crossed affect the sound/ quality of sound?

JC316
05-10-07, 03:34 AM
Does having the wires crossed affect the sound/ quality of sound?

It can, yes. I have had them reversed before and noticed lessened clarity/bass.

Jonas McFeely
05-10-07, 05:24 AM
It can, yes. I have had them reversed before and noticed lessened clarity/bass.

Aha! Ok,i have a full Pioneer system in my Brougham. Pioneer fronts(with bass blockers),Pioneer rears, Pioneer subs, and a Pioneer Premier MP3 head unit and a MMATS amp. Its a killer system,and as clear as i want for right now. But in certain songs, The Pack - Im Shinin, in particular, when the super high frequency bass hits,the passenger side rear speaker sounds weird as hell.Its not blown,but it just doesnt sound right. It may be hooked up wrong. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out tomorrow.