: fiberglass cowl hood for sale?

1MEANV
02-23-07, 06:20 PM
where can i get one of those cowl fiber glass hoods that everyone was going on about a while back. also how is the fit and finish.thanks

wildwhl
02-23-07, 10:40 PM
Crap, this is a good reminder...I owe my hood to KD7895 provided he's still interested. The company name is Extreme Composites...and the hood looks pretty good to me. I never painted it or even pulled it completely out of the box. I know some have commented that the alignment in the front is lower on one side than the other in pics - but guess what - so is my stock hood. Go figure. I think it is all in the installation.

I'll contact the previous buyer and make sure they still want it, if not :D

WW

The Tony Show
02-24-07, 12:21 AM
Free embz with puchase, WW? :D

By the way (and totally off topic), this is what your old engine cover has become: Click me! (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/99764-carbon-fiber-intake-pics.html)

A little more cleanup around the edges and it'll be sweet. Thanks again!

wildwhl
02-24-07, 12:53 AM
I thought that might have been my old trash can lid. Looks good :thumbsup:

WW

lasstss
04-11-07, 06:41 PM
where can i get one of those cowl fiber glass hoods that everyone was going on about a while back. also how is the fit and finish.thanks

I see this faded out. THe hood is from Extreme Compposites in Tx. Jimmy makes them. I started it and the group purchase. It is, in my opinon a real high quality peice. Top and bottom. I had no gap issues, it fit like OEM.

2k6blkv
04-11-07, 09:19 PM
That looks really sweet

MescalVto
04-12-07, 10:33 AM
Specter Werkes makes one too!

Specter Werkes Sports
04-12-07, 12:07 PM
Yes we do, available in Fiber glass and Carbon Fiber.
Power Dome
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/CTSVPictures005.jpg
Heat Extractor
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/CTSVHood.jpg
If we can be of any assistance, just give us a call at: 248-583-9559
or online
www.spectergtr.com

z06bigbird
04-12-07, 02:10 PM
Have you tried Midnight Auto Supply??

MescalVto
04-12-07, 02:30 PM
Yes we do, available in Fiber glass :worship:

Note: the Specter hood also seems to provide for the washer nozzles out of the box while the extreme composites version does not:tisk:

Would love to grab these specter parts myself if I was not still saving for headers & exhaust . . .:rant2:

RockinV
04-13-07, 12:47 AM
Yes we do, available in Fiber glass and Carbon Fiber.
Power Dome
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/CTSVPictures005.jpg

Wow... Now that is NICE! :thumbsup:
How much is the price...painted...delivered?

Specter Werkes Sports
04-13-07, 09:12 AM
For the Power Dome hood, $1295 plus shipping. It arrives unpainted so that your body shop can color match it to your Cadillac.

Cadillac Owners Forum members also will recieve a 10% discount, just let me know you are a member when you call.

Specter Werkes/Sports
Matt Shipes
248-583-9559

dqw1
04-13-07, 10:40 AM
Are the power domes in stock or is there a lead time?

Specter Werkes Sports
04-13-07, 11:08 AM
We hand build all of our hoods in house so we would need a bit of lead time on your order.

atdeneve
04-13-07, 12:23 PM
Is that price for the carbon fiber hood?

Oh, and viewing from the car's interior, does the hood have an exposed area where the cowl is? Or is it covered?

How much does the hood weigh (carbon fiber)? On both models, although I would only get the cowl/power dome?

ctsvflorida
04-13-07, 12:32 PM
Is that price for the carbon fiber hood?

Oh, and viewing from the car's interior, does the hood have an exposed area where the cowl is? Or is it covered?

How much does the hood weigh (carbon fiber)? On both models, although I would only get the cowl/power dome?

Yeah! What he said!

Adamneve:lol Long time no hear! Hope all is well over there!

One more thing to add to his questions! What does our hood weigh?

atdeneve
04-13-07, 12:46 PM
Yeah, been a bit too busy to mess around with y'all hooligans, hehe. All's well, though. Still drop in to get a quick look, jou know.

And our stock hood (aluminum) is only about 20-22 lbs, so it's really light to begin with. Would be interesting to see if the carbon fiber sheds any weight off of that already svelte stocker.

onebadcad
04-13-07, 03:27 PM
I have the EC Cowl Hood. Price was fair (cannot remember exact price, and do not want to upstage/upset a current Forum Vendor-then again the 10% discount gets the prices very close). The body shop took at least five hours to prep it for painting, still a good value. It is not perfect, as have about a 1/16"-1/8" rise towards windshield. Shimming will not work, and cannot adjust anything else-not a hood expert, but met with Body Shop Manager and he convinced me he did his best. I may resort to putting 100lbs of weight on each side of hood for a week, but not sure if this will yield the desired results. Not bashing EC, maybe the problem occurred from others after the hood was made. The Spectre looks like a quality product, and adding this type of hood makes the V look even meaner.

Specter Werkes Sports
04-13-07, 04:19 PM
Sorry for the delay in answering the questions:

It is covered

How much does the hood weigh (carbon fiber)?

The Fiber glass hood weighs about 18lbs, and in Carbon that weight drops to just over 10. The finish quality is however better in the Fiberglass so that is what we would suggest.

Price:
$1295 Fiber glass

$1695 Carbon Fiber

Members also receive a 10% discount as well.

bpm
05-04-08, 11:14 PM
Does anyone know the weight of the stock V hood?

nxlr8
05-04-08, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know the weight of the stock V hood?
2 posts above yours???