: what has cadillac offered you for problems

jerob
02-23-07, 04:54 PM
what has gm offered you for problems on your cadillac that you have complained about?

i have had several problems with my 06 sts4 6cyl with navigation with about 7000 miles

such as
*battery had to be replaced (i was stranded 3 times)
*leather seats coming apart (had to be resewn)
*trim coming off seats (had to be replaced)
*seat memory module went bad (had to be replaced)
*rear differential leaking (seal had to be replaced)
*monitor for radio and navigation went dark (had to be replaced)
*navigation system sucks! (nowhere near as good as my garmin)
*when you turn a corner and press the gas pedal the engine tries to stall
*there is a whine coming from the rear diferential
*voice activation is worthless

when i complained to cadillac customer service i was offered a free oil change! has anyone been offered anything different?

urbanski
02-23-07, 05:30 PM
i had far less troubles with my car, and the 800-number gave me 3 years of free service. Of course I do all mine myself, so that was worthless. Generally unless you push for a buy-back, you wont get much else. I dont think anybody has even gotten a shirt or jacket lol.

Davidstan
02-23-07, 08:03 PM
They treated me right on my blown head gasket. Only issue i had and i will complete the repurchase next week. Getting a new 06 as a replacement. Could have walked away but really like the sts. GM and dealer were fine by me.

rchern
02-23-07, 09:40 PM
i had far less troubles with my car, and the 800-number gave me 3 years of free service. Of course I do all mine myself, so that was worthless. Generally unless you push for a buy-back, you wont get much else. I dont think anybody has even gotten a shirt or jacket lol.What is that 800 number? I'm having problems with my 07 STS V6 (poor fuel mileage;about 4 MPG less than my CTS and the memory seats don't go back to where they were set to.)

mocts
02-24-07, 05:05 PM
1800-333-4cad

all we ever got was a free oil change

caddycruiser
02-24-07, 05:20 PM
What is that 800 number? I'm having problems with my 07 STS V6 (poor fuel mileage;about 4 MPG less than my CTS and the memory seats don't go back to where they were set to.)

Those aren't really problems worth getting in touch with Cadillac about. The seats may very well be, but that's for a dealer to figure out and fix.

jerob
02-25-07, 09:34 AM
well it seems its all or nothing!

you either get a new car or a free oil change...lol

Cajonkev
02-25-07, 01:10 PM
What is that 800 number? I'm having problems with my 07 STS V6 (poor fuel mileage;about 4 MPG less than my CTS and the memory seats don't go back to where they were set to.)

Your Dealer can see what DTC's the memory module is throwing and it is a remove and replace plug-in item.

If that doesn't do it and the seat/steering "partially" move but are erratic or inconsistent; then advise them to check the wiring harness along the drivers seat rail. It can get chaffed from the seat moving and cause a short in the harness causing the seat problems.

graphicguy
03-04-07, 01:51 PM
what has gm offered you for problems on your cadillac that you have complained about?

i have had several problems with my 06 sts4 6cyl with navigation with about 7000 miles

such as
*battery had to be replaced (i was stranded 3 times)
*leather seats coming apart (had to be resewn)
*trim coming off seats (had to be replaced)
*seat memory module went bad (had to be replaced)
*rear differential leaking (seal had to be replaced)
*monitor for radio and navigation went dark (had to be replaced)
*navigation system sucks! (nowhere near as good as my garmin)
*when you turn a corner and press the gas pedal the engine tries to stall
*there is a whine coming from the rear diferential
*voice activation is worthless

when i complained to cadillac customer service i was offered a free oil change! has anyone been offered anything different?

jerob....I had the battery issue. Yes, the navigation system sucked and VR/5.1 sound system never worked, nor did bluetooth. Final straw was when the rear window imploded.

At first, they offered to give me the money that the Nav system cost. I declined and decided to go the Better Business Bureau route and have them mediate.

Cadillac fought me hard the entire way. The BBB decision was supposed to be binding acoording to the owner's manual. But, even when they got the BBB decision, Cadillac tried to strong arm me by not adhering to it.

BBB negotiated a settlement whereas Cadillac had to give me ALL of my money back. But, it was contingent on me buying another GM product.

I fought with Cadillac (particularly the zone manager) but did get all my money back and bought a Tahoe (nice ride....everything works....including VR and the Nav system is much better than in the STS). The Tahoe doesn't have bluetooth or surround sound capabilities, but considering how poorly those worked in the Cadillac, I'm OK with that.

Curious George
03-05-07, 12:35 AM
I got free scheduled maintenance for 4 years/50K miles as compensation for Cadillac wasting about 8 hours of my time while they (not my dealer) fumbled a problem with the Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS).

I took my '06 STS in for a scheduled Maintenance I including tire rotation. The car came back to me with the TPMS thinking my front tires were on the rear and the rears on the front. (I run 33 PSI in front and 31 PSI in the rear--the pressure differential improves turn-in. There's a thread discussing this somewhere in the STS forum.) Had I been running the factory-recommended 30 PSI front and back I might never have noticed. I took the car back to have the TPMS "retaught" where the wheels really were. The service department couldn't make it happen and scheduled me for a module replacement. After the new module was installed, the TPMS was right, but I soon discovered that the remote window-up feature no longer worked. Upon reporting this to the dealer I learned (1) that the TPMS and remote lock/unlock/start (and God only knows what else) are controlled by the same module, and (2) that Cadillac had shipped a 2005-level module for the replacement. The '05 STS does not have the remote window-up feature.

So back I went to the dealer for yet another replacement. This time they installed a 2006-level module, but the TPMS is still deluded as to which are front wheels and which ar rears. We (dealer and I) then discovered that the original programming to teach the TPMS about the tire rotation had an error in it--the first module replacement had been unnecessary--and that corrected programming made everything work.

So Cadillac wasted thousands or dollars in unnecessary parts replacements and the attendant labor, and I wasted about eight hours driving to and fro and waiting for a "ten-minute" reprogramming that stretched to almost four hours before the technician threw up his hands.

I was pissed!:rant2:(For our British friends: angry, not drunk). I railed at Cadillac Customer Support and suggested that I might just bill them $400 (8 wasted hours x $50/hour--my net salary before retirement). They responded with free scheduled maintenance for the next 4 years or 50K miles. I accepted.

jerob
04-05-07, 08:24 AM
after having more problems with my 2006 sts i decieded to go the bbb route

i got a call from gm the next day asking me what i wanted and i told them a replacment.

i was told i would get a call back in 1 week (gm didnt call back) so i called them back and they offered me and extended 3 years or 36000 miles of major guard warrenty and 3 years of schelduled maintaince.

i accepted the offer!