: What are people using for Hotchkis Lube?

Dreamin
02-23-07, 12:17 PM
Hotchkis sway bar bushing lube...

Flyin-Ryan
02-23-07, 12:50 PM
I too would like to know what people have found to work the longest. I used energy suspensions bushing lube this last time. I hope it keeps them quite longer than the stuff that came with the bars.

rand49er
02-23-07, 01:25 PM
No rocket science here ... just whatever's in my grease gun at the time. Right now, I think it's some kind of marine-grade grease from the boat I sold last summer, and that's what'll be goin' in this spring.

Florian
02-23-07, 01:41 PM
some sort of black goo from the grease gun....nothing special.

F

calicadi
02-23-07, 03:43 PM
From a prior post ...

"Hotchkis also says NO LITHIUM GREASE in bushings. Use the assembly lube that comes in the kit. Then at next lube use a quality petroleum-based chassis grease. Use Marine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/#)-grade if operating were it rains a lot."

I'm using StaLube Marine grade. Boo Yah. 29 Palms here I come. Semper Fi. :thepan:

nikon
02-23-07, 04:36 PM
^^ ditto to that...just marine grease..it's usually whats in the gun anyways.

wildwhl
02-23-07, 09:48 PM
Good marine lube in the zerk, and then coat the sides of the bushing with a nice sticky chain lube to keep it all sealed up. Finally, a solution that keeps it all quiet down there, rain, bath, or not.

WW

Dennisscars
02-23-07, 10:10 PM
1.28 in the twisties.... they get all squeaky if you drive Grandma...

calicadi
02-23-07, 10:26 PM
1.28 in the twisties.... they get all squeaky if you drive Grandma...
Agreed. She sounds like a Sherman tank pulling out of the garage. After a nice warm-up it's tombsville.