: Subwoofer install in 00 sls

00cadillacsls
02-23-07, 10:27 AM
i was just seeing if you guys had any tips for a clean install in my 00 sls. What wires would i need to splice into off the stock sub to gain the signal for the amp. also were would i tie the remote wire into ?

the727kid
02-23-07, 10:40 AM
You need a LOC that converts the sub wires into RCAs. Next look in your fuse rail under the rear seat and find a wire that has a 12v signal in ACC & ON, tap into that wire. Then just run your wires form the battery (easy since it's behind the backseat, ziptie all the wires together and mount the amp on top of the box, and you hvae a clean install :)

OffThaHorseCEO
02-23-07, 02:31 PM
ii ended up running my remote all the way to the hood, to the cig lighter which has a setting to either remain always on or cut on with ACC and cut off ten minutes after accesory power is cut the setting is chosen by the way the fuse is plced in its slot

has anyone found anything in the underseat fuse box that would be powered at acc and on only? cause i think i literally tried every wire back there and nothing worked

CadillacSTS42005
02-23-07, 03:16 PM
yup
the acc fuse

OffThaHorseCEO
02-23-07, 05:09 PM
In An 01 Deville...

CadillacSTS42005
02-23-07, 05:54 PM
i dont know
havent gotten that far with the DTS yet i get it tomorrow lol
if i had to guess then try the radio fuse or the onstar fuse

OffThaHorseCEO
02-23-07, 06:45 PM
naw, im droppin my system back in tomorrow so ill check again, but im pretty sure itll have to be the same as before

CadillacSTS42005
02-23-07, 07:09 PM
gl with it if i can help let know bro

nigelb
02-25-07, 09:24 PM
The STS has the radio aerial integtated into the rear screen with a signal amplifier fitted above the headlining. this amp is powered from the head unit using what was originally designed as the power aerial feed.
i asked and answered my own questions about remote amp switching here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/89166-remote-power-extra-amp.html

OffThaHorseCEO
02-26-07, 12:57 AM
The STS has the radio aerial integtated into the rear screen with a signal amplifier fitted above the headlining. this amp is powered from the head unit using what was originally designed as the power aerial feed.
i asked and answered my own questions about remote amp switching here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/89166-remote-power-extra-amp.html

thanks, i used the sunroof power source, which is actually only powered in acc and on