: snapping sound when clutch pedal goes to the floor

iwinagn
02-23-07, 01:27 AM
Well i was hoping i wouldnt ever have to ask this but today i turned about 700miles on the v and i was coming to a stop and when i pressed the clutch pedal to the floor it made a pretty loud snap sound almost as if you took a cd case and broke it in half with your hands.. I pulled into a gas station right away to see if i could see anything under there that might have hung up but didnt see anything so i drove to where i had to go and while driving through the city it would do it every once in a while. It doesnt do it all the time. I have to take it in anyways because the blinker leaver works fine when turning left but if I turn it on to turn right i have to wiggle it to make the blinker stay on. Anyways back to the subject if this popping or snapping sound doesnt happen all the time how do I make sure my dealer understands this needs to be fixed? And what could it be any ideas thanks in advanced for the help!!

Koooop
02-23-07, 02:04 AM
I found if I put pressure on the left side of my clutch pedal when I pressed down it would make the noise every time. Mine was a broken return spring at the top of the pedal that was apparently a real pain to replace. I found part of the spring laying on the floor one day (it left a greasy circle the size of a quarter on the floor mat). Warranty stuff, no big deal.

rand49er
02-23-07, 05:39 AM
Are you taking it in today? Let us know how you do. :thumbsup:

Thello
02-23-07, 06:29 AM
The same thing happened to my clutch. It turns out the cables that go to the hood release were intermittently getting caught on the pedal mechanism. Unfortunately after I fixed mine my seat heater stopped working. That wouldn't have been too bad had not the temperature been averaging 10-20 degrees in Pittsburgh all last week.

ryneV
02-23-07, 10:28 AM
I found if I put pressure on the left side of my clutch pedal when I pressed down it would make the noise every time. Mine was a broken return spring at the top of the pedal that was apparently a real pain to replace. I found part of the spring laying on the floor one day (it left a greasy circle the size of a quarter on the floor mat). Warranty stuff, no big deal.

Same here, 2 return springs under there. They replace the whole clutch pedal assembly. No issues after that.

iwinagn
02-28-07, 01:26 AM
the car went in this morning.. didnt hear anything back yet. Got stuck with a stripped down cts what a boring car lol. Dont know how good you have it till you get a cts with nothing not even heated seats!! They are looking into the noise aswell as the blinker lever working one way but not the other.. I hope to have it back soon!!! The only good thing about the cts is the mpg

Koooop
02-28-07, 07:57 AM
If you turn off the traction control that stripper CTS will steam a burn out that we wish our V's could do!

RunningOnEMT
02-28-07, 08:48 AM
my scooter can do a burnout

rand49er
02-28-07, 11:51 AM
... 2 return springs under there. They replace the whole clutch pedal assembly. ...Took mine in today. They ordered a clutch assembly to be installed next week. :annoyed:

iwinagn
03-02-07, 02:14 AM
well the dealer called me today i can pick the car up anytime. the blinker issue was a bad relay and the clutch problem was a cable rubbing everyonce in a while on the pedal!! thank god nothing serious and weather pending it will be back in the garage tomorrow

Koooop
03-02-07, 10:39 AM
You sure describe the return spring issue.

It's all warranty and you didn't get a Geo for a loaner.

iwinagn
03-04-07, 03:17 PM
well the car is going back in tomorrow im afraid to say. I didnt think nothing of it friday when i picked it up but at about dusk out the headlights suggested message popped up on the nav screen. I always have the headlights set on auto well their not turning on.. SO the problem lies in the switch that they replaced. Now my blinker works and there is no more popping sound from the clutch pedal hitting the hood release cable grrrr im agrivated now. I just hope they dont give me the same pos cts with no options again..