: I took my V to a party

Koooop
02-23-07, 01:46 AM
I took my V to a party in Laguna Beach, at one of those real expensive hillside homes. I roll up to the front of the place, there's 4 Valets there. All of them head over to the V and ignore the other guests, one says "Yup it's real". All of them start grilling me with questions like "does the back hop like they say" and "how's the clutch, they seem a little non responsive when we park them". So I tell them the truth, it's not a car for burn outs and the flywheel is the culprit of the clutch. (they're all drooling on the V) So they move a new body black SL600 out of the choice parking spot in front of the door of the place and stick my V there leaving enough room to squeeze a new black ZO6 in next to the V. I loved watching the SL600 get the smack down. Teenagers decide what's cool and what's not. Score two for GM.

Jon
02-23-07, 03:33 AM
Haha, awesome!

rand49er
02-23-07, 06:11 AM
Koooop, you made my day! :highfive:

theloanman219
02-23-07, 06:52 AM
even you folks know reall class and style when they see it. They also know that for the money it is more realistic. Last they probably see high end cars like 600 all the time.

I went to a car show two weeks ago. I was messing around with the corvette club asking them when they are going to let me in. One guy says "when you buy a corvette" My response is just like this "let me ask you how many vettes do you see on the road and how many V's do you see? He didn't say anything except he doest make the rules. Just what i thought the answer was going to be.

So koop from me to you hats off!

Gene

Lord Cadillac
02-23-07, 09:09 AM
Cadillac is making headway with our youth! Good news...

Kadonny
02-23-07, 09:20 AM
I hardly get a look in my car, ever. I don't think people realize what it is.

The Tony Show
02-23-07, 09:23 AM
I get so many compliments from teenagers at fast food Drive-Thrus. Cadillac is definitely getting the "cool" image back, slowly but surely.

theloanman219
02-23-07, 09:36 AM
When that fast food drive through employee puts every dollar he/she makes into their honda while living at home gets its doors blown away by grandpa's cadillac they have not other choice but to notice

GOTTSPD
02-23-07, 09:56 AM
Here in the DC Metro area, nice cars are a dime a dozen. At my old office building in Rockville, there was a guy who had a CL65 and he parked it like it was any other car! It's hard to catch any eyeballs with the V here. However, I've found that the response I get when people do notice it is generally friendlier than the response I get when I'm in my NSX. People ask questions about the V and generally seem pleased to see it. People that notice the NSX tend to gawk at and when I get out, they must assume I'm an @$$ or something because I have the car and they are very standoffish to me...

atdeneve
02-23-07, 10:08 AM
When that fast food drive through employee puts every dollar he/she makes into their honda while living at home gets its doors blown away by grandpa's cadillac they have not other choice but to notice

You may very well be surprised to find yourself one day having your doors blown off by a modified beater, be it an old honda or an aerodynamically challenged box of a GTI. We are by no means the king of the road. Pour enough modifications into a lawnmower and that thing'll really pick up an move (especially when they're that light, when compared to our somewhat portly curb weight). You'll see. One day, perhaps, you'll see.

Though, we have plenty go, if I may say so myself. Especially, at stock levels, which is just the starting point, right? Jah. Gohaiyum!

theloanman219
02-23-07, 10:08 AM
I feel the same. Living in retirement heaven I see nice cars all the time. If I take my wife to Naples Beach or Dinner in Bonita. It is nothing to see a Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo and a Masserati all at the same stop light. But most of them are cool guys with cash.

Poopie D
02-23-07, 11:05 AM
I used to own a Mustnag GT vert and everybody would look at me. The thing is, you have to look and see who is driving a convertible...it must be built into us at birth! I hated it. Now, the looks I get in my V are from genuine car lovers and people that really love the look of the car. It is the best feeling! I was in a store the other day and the cashier looked outside and said "what is that!!??" I old her it was mine and she said it was the nicest car she had ever seen in her life. She actually walked out with me to drool all over it!

I also get guys hanging out of their cars to give me the devil horn sign all the time! I love my V!

gwhollon
02-23-07, 12:02 PM
Well the best I have got to feel so far has got to be when I was driving south on I-65 just south of Birmingham, Traffic was kinda heavy and they had me blocked in, so when I saw a chance I hammered it into a clear hole and was off to the races and I noticed a VW Jetta trying to follow me, so I squeezed it a little more and drove off and left them. a few miles down the road I hit another pack of cars that held me up again. when I looked in the rear view I saw the Jetta still trying to get to me. well with traffic as heavy as it was I just stayed in my place and the Jetta drove up beside me, thats when I noticed the passanger was taking pictures of my car, they drove to both sides front and back taking pictures then they gave me a thumbs up and I drove away again. it was just cool they were trying so hard just to get a pic.

sy1172
02-23-07, 01:03 PM
Taht's just cool!!! :)

vettethret
02-23-07, 01:43 PM
I took my V to a party in Laguna Beach, at one of those real expensive hillside homes. I roll up to the front of the place, there's 4 Valets there. All of them head over to the V and ignore the other guests, one says "Yup it's real". All of them start grilling me with questions like "does the back hop like they say" and "how's the clutch, they seem a little non responsive when we park them". So I tell them the truth, it's not a car for burn outs and the flywheel is the culprit of the clutch. (they're all drooling on the V) So they move a new body black SL600 out of the choice parking spot in front of the door of the place and stick my V there leaving enough room to squeeze a new black ZO6 in next to the V. I loved watching the SL600 get the smack down. Teenagers decide what's cool and what's not. Score two for GM.

Thats pretty impressive, I dont even get that treatment in my Viper. The more I drive this car the more I like it. Just have to get rid of this garbage shifter. Benz's are a dime a dozen in Laguna. I NEVER see any V's.:thumbsup:

Koooop
02-23-07, 01:47 PM
There was a Benz around Newport Beach for years with NBCHEVY on the plate.

PM me you can try the B & M Shifter I put in mine, WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!

lawfive
02-23-07, 02:01 PM
Heh. I get the same thing all the time from valets. My fav was in 2005 when I was getting a massage (no, you pervs, I was working out a lot at the time), and my pretty blonde 20-something masseuse said that she and her hubby were looking for a car, and were thinking about a CTS. After I finished my post-massage cigarette (ha! :jerkit: that was for you pervs again!) I took her out to see the V.

Her response: "That is so f**king tight!!"

Kadonny
02-23-07, 02:03 PM
lawfive, was she tight too? :thumbsup:

Koooop
02-23-07, 02:04 PM
Did she fondle your shifter?

lawfive
02-23-07, 03:06 PM

lawfive
02-23-07, 03:09 PM
She was pretty damned hot. But a professional. Me too: been through massage school and certification, once upon a time.

Any of you guys want your shifters fondled? :eyebrow:

LV_V
02-23-07, 03:33 PM
I took my V to a party...

Famous last words.... :highfive:

lawfive
02-23-07, 03:42 PM
She was pretty damned hot. But a professional. Me too: been through massage school and certification, once upon a time.

Any of you guys want your shifters fondled? :eyebrow:

I thought not. Still waiting for Florian to show up here, though...

heavymetals
02-23-07, 06:00 PM
I was at my buddies 60th and I took some guy for a ride around the block in my V.

He had never seen a Cad with a stick, or a maggie.:confused:

I brought him back to the party and he was shaking:bigroll:

What a lightweight. :tisk:

I didn't even push it (well hardly).:rolleyes:

heavypedal
02-23-07, 07:17 PM
ha...go easy on em Heavy

valdeztke
02-23-07, 08:09 PM
I was at game stop (yeah I'm old but I love my Xbox - can't wait for Forza 2) and this group of youngin's (18-20) walk past my car as its idling. They all look at me kind of strange ...I have a pretty decent cam w/ the maggie.

So I leave the place and they pull up next to me in a CTS. The driver says

"Yo dude. You make dat thing sound like dat?"

"Yes, to a certain degree."

"dang man.....whats I gotta do to make mines own sound like that sh!t?"

"Make a right up here. Go to Lindsay Caddillac. Ask for James tell him you want a Maggie Powered CTS-V."

"I think I'm gone do dat. Thanks Bra"

I laughed as I drove away.....

:)

OldRoadDawg
02-23-07, 08:41 PM
Dang!!! Last time anyone said something about my V was at a Sunoco station while I'm pumping in Ultra 94. Guys walks around the car and says . . . "Wow! - Is this the new Buick?"
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :alchi:I gotta move out of the back hills of Pennsylvania and into the 21st century one of these days.

lawfive
02-23-07, 09:11 PM
:histeric:

ahahnu
02-24-07, 12:25 AM
I love my Xbox I bought xbox so I could race the V at the Nurhingberg or how ever you spell it, on Project Gotham. That was 6 months ago, now its on its way to Texas to be fixed. Piece o sheite.

SoSueMe
02-24-07, 12:42 PM
Though, we have plenty go, if I may say so myself. Especially, at stock levels, which is just the starting point, right? Jah. Gohaiyum!

One thing we have over the modified Rice and Ridiculous cars out there...
Some of them may be surprisingly fast, but we all are fast from factory and look good doing it. Its the total package.

HiTechRV
02-24-07, 09:50 PM
Many ricers around here are slower than stock. They bump the hp but reduce the useable area under the hp curve.

Guys notice my V - no women seem to have a clue what it is. On the vette everyone noticed it. For the Sky it was more women than men.

theloanman219
02-26-07, 07:02 AM
I do get some notice here. The other night I was bringing my car to get the wheels put on. I was at a red light and this big black redneck f250 (nice truck by the way) all blacked out pulls up. The back window rolls down and a teenage girl says "hey guy nice car" I look oaver at her and say thanks! She says "it looks fast" "Is it" I said back. Let me know when you catch me at the next light. Now the road is very country and dead. Light turns green. By the time I hit third I could even see the head lights. The funny part is I made sure I chirped 2nd and 3rd pretty hard.

I love this car.

ZEUSROTTY
02-26-07, 05:57 PM
yeah man... this car is sweet... thats what the kids in the neighborhood tell me...

The Tony Show
02-26-07, 06:03 PM
I still swear to this day that the reason I didn't get a ticket for "Street Racing" (read: Dusting a turbo Civic) was that the cop that pulled me over was very Southern, and I was driving an American Muscle car. I could see a glimmer of amusement in his eye after watching the kid provoke me, then get smoked.

Had I been in my RX-7, guaranteed he would've thrown the book at me.

rand49er
02-26-07, 06:44 PM
... the cop that pulled me over was very Southern, and I was driving an American Muscle car. I could see a glimmer of amusement in his eye ...As a true-blue northerner, I love the South. :usflag:

1Sonterra
02-26-07, 08:27 PM

The STS V is a little more stealth.......only true enthusiasts or other V owners are going to pick up on the real beast under that clothing! Especially when everybody is sticking the V grills on the STS front ends.

My sister in law has a black STS and it looks great......but the CTS V look is just a little more muscular.

Nice ride though.

AlBundy
02-27-07, 12:02 AM
I really trip on you CTS-V guy in a good way as I hope to join your ranks soon.

Kurlee Daddee
02-27-07, 09:27 AM

Exactly. No one even gives my car a second glance. But neither do cops, which is a good thing.:)

The Tony Show
02-27-07, 12:02 PM
As a true-blue northerner, I love the South. :usflag:

Yee haw, baby! Most of the cops around here were Mullet heads in High School, so you're far better off in something with a small block than a rice burner.

Vinyl graphics + big muffler tip + neon = Guaranteed ticket in Lake County.

crypto_coyle79
02-28-07, 05:59 AM
Here in the DC Metro area, nice cars are a dime a dozen. At my old office building in Rockville, there was a guy who had a CL65 and he parked it like it was any other car! It's hard to catch any eyeballs with the V here. However, I've found that the response I get when people do notice it is generally friendlier than the response I get when I'm in my NSX. People ask questions about the V and generally seem pleased to see it. People that notice the NSX tend to gawk at and when I get out, they must assume I'm an @$$ or something because I have the car and they are very standoffish to me...
Was it the black sl65 over by old georgetown and del ray, If it was thats my buddy and you should see the rest of his fleet. it's his 3rd SL (500,55,65 wanted a 600 but couldn't find one so he got the 65) and he got it to be his everyday super car because he caught to much slack for the Conniental GT or the F430. Bastard