: Purchased a V

2002BlueWS6
02-22-07, 12:58 PM
So this thread seems to be all over but I had to post my experience. About three years or more ago Im driving on I-25 in Denver and I look over and I see my first CTSV. The car's presence was unreal, I still remember it to this day. And to this day, every time I see a V (which is rare here in San Diego) I nearly get into an accident from looking too long before I realize Im about to collide into the person in front of me.

About 4 weeks ago, after going back and forth on the M3, S4, CTSV, and even the S type R at times, I finally bought a V. I bought the car out of state sight unseen so when it arrived it was real exciting, though not the first time I have driven one. I was a little hesitant to purchase the car, thinking it would be too stately for me (Im only 24) but I have no regrets. I am coming from a 2002 Roush Stage II Mustang, and the V is better in every way (save handling)

Since my purchase I have taken the car to the dealer once to have it checked out and they:
1. replaced rear end (I complained about a whine) do I have an 06 rear?
2. replaced the nav (buttons were flaking) already happening again...
3. found out the car is equiped with:
-Long Tube Headers (man I thought this thing was faster)
-Wheel hop kit (what wheel hop)
-K&N filter

I purchased from a small dealer who didn't disclose any of these things to me.
I also installed a B&M shifter ($169 shipped) and I am very happy with it. Anyways, this car is great and so is this forum. Sorry for the long thread.

Chris

svassh
02-22-07, 01:02 PM
Congrats, you now have all the must have mods. You would have done them anyway. Hopefully your dealer didn't flag your car as heavily modded.

I bet you even have a tune and some catbacks to go with those headers.

HushH
02-22-07, 01:32 PM
Congrats and welcome!!!:thumbsup:

The Tony Show
02-22-07, 01:43 PM
Man, those headers are killing your gas mileage- get those things off there ASAP. Since I'm a nice guy, I'll swap you even for my stock manifolds.

Hurry up and let me know before I change my mind.

:histeric:

lawfive
02-22-07, 01:49 PM
So this thread seems to be all over but I had to post my experience. About three years or more ago Im driving on I-25 in Denver and I look over and I see my first CTSV. The car's presence was unreal, I still remember it to this day. And to this day, every time I see a V (which is rare here in San Diego) I nearly get into an accident from looking too long before I realize Im about to collide into the person in front of me.

About 4 weeks ago, after going back and forth on the M3, S4, CTSV, and even the S type R at times, I finally bought a V. I bought the car out of state sight unseen so when it arrived it was real exciting, though not the first time I have driven one. I was a little hesitant to purchase the car, thinking it would be too stately for me (Im only 24) but I have no regrets. I am coming from a 2002 Roush Stage II Mustang, and the V is better in every way (save handling)

Since my purchase I have taken the car to the dealer once to have it checked out and they:
1. replaced rear end (I complained about a whine) do I have an 06 rear?
2. replaced the nav (buttons were flaking) already happening again...
3. found out the car is equiped with:
-Long Tube Headers (man I thought this thing was faster)
-Wheel hop kit (what wheel hop)
-K&N filter

I purchased from a small dealer who didn't disclose any of these things to me.
I also installed a B&M shifter ($169 shipped) and I am very happy with it. Anyways, this car is great and so is this forum. Sorry for the long thread.

Chris

Paging Jame... That V you saw may have belonged to a cop. Was it violating multiple sections of the California motor vehicle code when you saw it? Definitely Jame's then. :bigroll:

Beating Heavy to the punch: you're doomed. Already done your first mod I see; first of many I'm guessing.

You probably already know that the long tube headers are not CARB certified for California. When smog check time eventually rolls around you'll either have to swap them out or find a blind-eye smog shop. :sneaky:

Welcome!

2002BlueWS6
02-22-07, 02:10 PM
Man, those headers are killing your gas mileage- get those things off there ASAP. Since I'm a nice guy, I'll swap you even for my stock manifolds.

Hurry up and let me know before I change my mind.

:histeric:

Good idea! They are Kooks headers so Im sure they are not worth too much. How about I just mail you them and we call it even? :bouncy:

2002BlueWS6
02-22-07, 02:13 PM
Paging Jame... That V you saw may have belonged to a cop. Was it violating multiple sections of the California motor vehicle code when you saw it? Definitely Jame's then. :bigroll:

Beating Heavy to the punch: you're doomed. Already done your first mod I see; first of many I'm guessing.

You probably already know that the long tube headers are not CARB certified for California. When smog check time eventually rolls around you'll either have to swap them out or find a blind-eye smog shop. :sneaky:

Welcome!

Yeah about a week after I had the car the SES light came on and I pulled the codes. Looked more closely under the hood and discovered the Kooks headers. :bouncy: I found a member here to sell me his stock manifolds and cats so Im going to swap them out... and then when I have 10-20 less rwhp I most certainly will be forced to put them back in.....

roadracerx72
02-22-07, 02:41 PM
Everyone is here to help you Blue. Just don't post that your V emblems were stolen next...

sy1172
02-22-07, 03:04 PM
02 Roush huh, nice. Still have it? I have an 04 Saleen and must agree, the modified Mustangs handle real well. Yours supercharged?

heavypedal
02-22-07, 03:58 PM
:welcome:
Man...don't ya just love buying the car already with some mods. Bought mine from a guy that didn't know he had Corsa exhaust on it !:yup:

T

dqw1
02-22-07, 05:30 PM
Welcome!!!

2002BlueWS6
02-22-07, 07:01 PM
02 Roush huh, nice. Still have it? I have an 04 Saleen and must agree, the modified Mustangs handle real well. Yours supercharged?

I do still have the Roush. It is up for sale on autotrader.....

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=215332263

Car is not supercharged, but still fun to drive so long as you have never driven a V.

2002BlueWS6
02-22-07, 07:03 PM
Any idea how to change your username? Not sure if the WS6 is representing me well. Was thinking of Venerator or Vdicted.

lawfive
02-22-07, 08:07 PM
Paging Urbanski...

heavymetals
02-22-07, 08:21 PM
WELCOME!!

Yeah, DOOMED for sure.......:rolleyes:

rand49er
02-22-07, 08:34 PM
:welcome:

I'm surprised the dealer could get away with not revealing that the car had been modded. Oh well, you've got a great start on all the basic stuff. :thumbsup: