Cadillac Owners Forum banner

"Mud" around the insides of my fuel lines

Tags
install
854 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Cadillacboy 
#1 ·
Totally forgot about this and not sure if it's anything...when I changed my FPR last summer I remember seeing a brown "mud" looking stuff lined around the inside of the fuel lines, they look like deposits of some sort almost like brown algae in a fish tank. Car doesn't have a problem. Anyone?

G
#2 ·
Given that the tank and the lines are not metallic this is an odd one. Never heard of this before. I wonder if you could have a problem with your EVAP system, I assume you have no codes... There is a black rectangular box at the driver side rear of the car along side the frame, check to make sure that box is not cracked... I think you would set a code if it was however, that is the EVAP canister.. See Egreen's post on caddyinfo:

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=12479&hl=

Also check your gas filler pipe for rusting....

#3 ·
Bacteria and algae live in petroleum fuels. This really gets to be a problem with jet fuel. The white residue seen in fuel system components is often assumed to be corrosion but is more likely to be bacteria especially if there is any water or condensation in the system.

#9 ·
If you insist on injector cleaner, use it as specified. Post #5 said LOTS of injector cleaner. More is not better. High concentrations will eat the insulation off of the injector and fuel pump windings. If you are using 10% ethanol, you already have 10% or about 2 gallons of alcohol in the tank to remove any moisture. Personally, I don't put anything but fuel in my tank.

G
#10 ·
Yep big difference between a small bottle of Techron (the ingredient in Chevron) that you run though quickly (like on a day trip) and LOTS of injector cleaner that could potentially mean STP Injector Cleaner aka - great insulation stripper off windings......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.