: Newbie Question, Ipod, Navigation and XM

Hemi6.1
02-22-07, 12:16 PM
I have an '04 SRX with navigation. Was XM an option in '04, because I don't have it. My radio appears to be XM ready, but I lack the equipment.. Is this possible? How can I check?

Also - givin that I may not have the XM hardware, what's the best ipod adapter out there for my application? I did a search and found a few, but the posts were old and there may be new stuff out now.

Thanks!

dechief4
02-22-07, 01:52 PM
I have an '04 SRX with navigation. Was XM an option in '04, because I don't have it. My radio appears to be XM ready, but I lack the equipment.. Is this possible? How can I check?

Also - givin that I may not have the XM hardware, what's the best ipod adapter out there for my application? I did a search and found a few, but the posts were old and there may be new stuff out now.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!... I can answer your first question - yes, XM was available on the '04 SRX. I have it in mine. I'll have to defer to others more familiar with Ipods for your remaining questions, as I am Ipod-less...

wifescaddy
02-22-07, 07:14 PM
i have an 04 also and i just found out at dealer that i dont have xm even though the radio is compatible and i have roof antenna.

dechief4 do you have samoyeds?i see your avatar is one.

Adameglin1
02-22-07, 09:03 PM
if you have the rear seat dvd player you can use audio cables with the red and white adatptor and plug them in the auxillary and the other end in the i pod. then push dvd on the head unit and on the rear dvd player turn it on and set it to AUX with the remote and then you can listen to the ipod through the car audio system.

dechief4
02-23-07, 05:56 AM
dechief4 do you have samoyeds?i see your avatar is one.

Why yes, I do :)... Have had Sams in the house for over 35 years.

c5 rv
02-23-07, 06:47 AM
if you have the rear seat dvd player you can use audio cables with the red and white adatptor and plug them in the auxillary and the other end in the i pod. then push dvd on the head unit and on the rear dvd player turn it on and set it to AUX with the remote and then you can listen to the ipod through the car audio system.

Doh! I keep forgetting about that unused thing back there. I was wondering about how I was going to do that since I want to load up my wife's MP3 player instead of moving CDs between the vehicles. Thanks!