: In motion navigation hack

Hemi6.1
02-22-07, 12:12 PM
Anyone know of a hack code to change the navigation disk to allow in motion operation? I found the code for my CSRT8 myself and changed my nav disk, so now I can program the nav while in motion...

urbanski
02-22-07, 12:36 PM
its not the disk, its the unit.

Hemi6.1
02-22-07, 01:33 PM
my bad, I didn't mean selling pirated copies, I meant changing the disk I already own. On my 300C, I changed a line of code on my nav disk, and the in motion operation was available.

The software on the disk tells the unit to not allow the input of information while the vehilce is moving. I didn't know if it was big on this board or not...

dechief4
02-22-07, 01:57 PM
my bad, I didn't mean selling pirated copies, I meant changing the disk I already own. On my 300C, I changed a line of code on my nav disk, and the in motion operation was available.

The software on the disk tells the unit to not allow the input of information while the vehilce is moving. I didn't know if it was big on this board or not...
It is quite 'big' here - some would consider it the holy grail. The focus in this forum has been on a hardware vice software hack. '04 and early '05 models (or was it just the '04s?) can be defeated by entering 1791, provided the original radio, not a replacement, is in the vehicle. If you could find a software hack that would allow the use of the DVD while in motion, you would probably become the new 'Elvis'. Lots more info to be found by searching for 'DVD'.

TSS
02-22-07, 02:57 PM
You would be a demi-god if at least i could program the NAV while in motion!!!!!!

sgilbert
02-22-07, 06:56 PM
Owning a Jeep and an SRX, both with NAV, I can confirm that on the Jeep, all software updates are entered thru a new DVD; whereas the SRX's software cannot be updated without a new radio. No DVD in the SRX will affect the software. Jeep's is made by Alpine.

Hemi6.1
02-22-07, 08:34 PM
Where do I enter it and how?

sgilbert
02-22-07, 08:57 PM
You need an '04 or early '05 SRX. Push & hold the musical note for at least 3 sec's. Enter the code & press enter.

Remember, though, that whenever you remove the key, you'll need to start all over.