: 06 CTS-V Owner Looking For 2nd Opinion

ILoveMyV
02-22-07, 03:34 AM
Hello,

I currently own a 2006 Cadillac CTS-V that I purchased in February of 2006. I am currently running the vehicle stock except for a Corsa Catback system that I has installed when I purchased the car.

I have been looking for some performance upgrades for my V and have been in contact with some local shops. Here are some options that I have come up with for the 06 V (Remember it has the LS2 not the LS6).

100 Shot Nitrous - $2,100 Installed
(Includes dual 10lb bottles, purge kit with led, dual bottle heater and electric openers with gauge in dash) >> 100hp Gain <<

Ati ProCharger - $7,100 Installed
(8psi initial setting upgradeable to 18psi, includes 60lb fuel injectors) >> 155hp Gain <<

Custom Cams, Ported & Polished Heads - $3,000 Installed
>> 55hp Gain (Estimated) <<

Anti-Wheel Hop Kit - $700 Installed

Stage 3 Spec 3 Clutch - $1,400 Installed (Sorry may be way off on $$ estimate)

Kooks Longtube Headers - $2,000 Installed >> 45hp Gain <<

Custom PCM Tune - $500 >> 20hp Gain Estimate <<

So from what I have put together with very limited information and knowledge if I went with a 100 shot nitrous setup I can acheive about 580rwhp for about $9,500 or about 615rwhp with the ProCharger for about $14,700 installed price.

If I wanted to boost the ProCharger to 18psi I would need a fully built engine, which I believe EPP offers for $6,000 so a good estimate is that the V could obtain 760rwhp or so for about $22,000 or so installed price. Again I am saying this with no real knowledge or understanding, so please feel free to correct me where I am wrong.

Note, that the $22k price for a 760rwhp must be too low since suspension and drive trian upgrades was not included... This is where someone with knowledge in this area comes in :)

Okay so tell me what's wrong with my numbers, am I being charged too much, am I making false hp listings (that I'm sure I am)... tell me what's wrong... I am here because I want to learn and be educated by others rather than a sales guy that wants a big commission.

And not to get too off-topic :tisk: but is a twin-turbo kit even available or possible on the LS2 CTS-V... if so is there a thread or site that someone can point me to? Thanks in advance!

HushH
02-22-07, 10:04 AM
I think you're estimated gains for the Heads/Cam package is low and for the Kooks alone it's high. You should be able to get close to 100hp out of a good H/C package. Of course the price and performance can vary greatly here depending on what heads you use, how aggressive your cam is, and what other upgrades are provided/necessary (i.e. springs, etc.). As far as headers go, something more along the lines of 30hp gains seem to be the norm.

I have no experience with the NO2 or SC but those figures seem reasonable.

vettethret
02-22-07, 12:14 PM
I'm checking my own mod list and my car is a weak old. The car can put down thiose numbers easily. The problem is this garbage rear end and the bike tires they put on these cars. You would have to get the mini tub kit and throw some 335's back there. The car would be fast as hell and sick looking but it would be a ton of dough. I'm doing suspension, wheels and probably the bolt ons. If the new one comes out in 2 years and its about 5k more, with 500hp and wider tires, you'd have a much better platform to begin with. I love this car after a week but am waiting for the 500hp model to go big! If you plan on keeping the car long term, I would say procharger (which I've had on 3 vettes) to keep the power in the upper rpms, and a minitub to put the power down.

50 4Ever
02-22-07, 12:49 PM
Just keep in mind that the H/C or the long tube headers will not pass the visual part of the smog in CA. If you plan to dump the car out of state before you will be due for your smog check then it's not a problem. Selling the car in CA with those mods to a private party, I think you are responsible for getting it to pass smog (returning it back to stock). Not sure what would happen if it was traded to a dealer.

I know the Maggie is CA legal, not so sure about the ProCharger, last time I checked it was not smog legal.

Why is everything fun illegal in CA :crybaby:

ILoveMyV
02-22-07, 01:40 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the replies everyone and not bashing me for lacking some basic information. I'm working with EPP now and am working up a quote for..

- Ati ProCharger /w 60lb Fuel Injectors and MSD Boot A Pump
- Complete Engine Rebuild Fully Forged
- Kooks Headers
- Spec Stage 3+ Clutch And Pressure Plate
- Spec Steel Flywheel
- Stage 2 Ported And Polished Heads
- BMR Anti Wheel Hop Kit

$19k Installed

This is an almost identical setup to their most recent V job that put out 600rwhp. Granted this does not include a new beefed up rear end that would be absolutely required, so there is another $4-$5k installed.

ILoveMyV
02-22-07, 01:42 PM
I know the Maggie is CA legal, not so sure about the ProCharger, last time I checked it was not smog legal.

Why is everything fun illegal in CA :crybaby:

That's a big factor still holding me back. Maggie is not released for the 06 V's just yet. Well they said it's out but the tune and software are not complete. Plus I don't think they have a CARB # for the 06 yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah CA sucks when it comes to smog req.

BLACK_CTSV
02-22-07, 02:20 PM
That's a big factor still holding me back. Maggie is not released for the 06 V's just yet. Well they said it's out but the tune and software are not complete. Plus I don't think they have a CARB # for the 06 yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah CA sucks when it comes to smog req.

I wouldn't worry about the tune - I would have someone else tune it regardless...

Florian
02-22-07, 05:57 PM
the most youll get with the ATI is about 8 lb of boost before you need to upgrade your internals. Without a forged bottom end, that mod is useless. Heads/cam/headers/tune are good for about 100 RWHP...and about 5500 bux start to finish, and are youre safest bet. Whatever you do, youre gonna need a new rear end, expect about 6-7K installed.

F

Florian
02-22-07, 06:00 PM
Granted this does not include a new beefed up rear end that would be absolutely required, so there is another $4-$5k installed.

Like to know what theyre doing for that low of a number......

F

ILoveMyV
02-22-07, 08:39 PM
Like to know what theyre doing for that low of a number......
F

Awww... This is why I love forums. To be honest it was to my belief that the upgraded rear diff for the V is out and is around $5k installed. Please if I am wrong and it appears that I am, can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just read your post... $6-7k installed.

-Ryan

04CTSVFLA
02-22-07, 08:59 PM
maybe you want these mods, bc you really lost horribly to that maggied V that you said you beat....LOL

HiTechRV
02-22-07, 09:28 PM
I'd go to 265 or 275 tires in the rear first off. They fit apparently on the stick wheels. That alone will make you quicker if on some sticky tires. All that hp would be a handfull to get hooked up, even on drag radials. Your LS2 will chirp on the 3-4 shift stock.