: 2008 CTS-V 500+ Horsepower?!

CVP33
02-21-07, 08:40 PM
I certainly hope the 2008 CTS-V delivers as promised. Chrysler's 2009 SRT-8 Hemi grows to 6.4 liters and 505 horsepower. Available late 2008. What a great time to be an enthusiast.

V-Love
02-21-07, 08:44 PM
I pray that Cadillac sees its opportunity here. I want a Caddy to be the baddest thing around. Again.

roadracerx72
02-21-07, 08:46 PM
Is there a confirmed "skip year" for the CTS-V for 2008? Which would make the 2009 available the same time Chryslers 09 Hemi is. hmmmmm....

Seattle CTS-V
02-21-07, 08:51 PM
What a great time to be an enthusiast.

Indeed it is, indeed it is!

What kind of torque do they expect that 6.4L Hemi to produce? 505hp is on par w/ the 7.0L LS7.

Jon
02-21-07, 09:01 PM
GM's just going to buy Chrysler and use the 6.4L Hemi in the next CTS-V lol

ctsvflorida
02-21-07, 09:20 PM
GM is trying to buy Chrysler right?

Anyway, talk about repetitious threads, Holy cow! You really gonna go with this ay Chris! Have fun as I'll be gone again for 4-5 days. Thank goodness I'll miss this one! :bouncy:

P.S. The debate, or whatever you'd call it with JJKJ was quite entertaining 3 days ago! Have a good weekend fellas!

05CTS
02-21-07, 09:30 PM
Do you think it will be a threat weighing in at almost 400 lbs heavier than the V?

wildwhl
02-21-07, 09:32 PM
I have it from a very good source the next V will weigh <3600 lbs*

WW

rand49er
02-21-07, 09:34 PM
... the 2008 CTS-V delivers as promised. ...:anibs:

Just thought I'd be Florian for a night.

(Geez, my bottom hurts.)

wildwhl
02-21-07, 09:46 PM
:anibs:

(Geez, my bottom hurts.)

I hope you understand how to administer self-sutures. F usually has to seal himself up...

I smell another thread merge...:stirpot:

CanadianTS
02-21-07, 10:04 PM
Even if the Chrysler gets that much Horsepower...it will still be a bucket of bolts with the same low class interior that you get in the rental versions. A car is more then the size of its engine.

P.S Lets hope for 600hp all wheel drive lol.

ChicagoCTS32
02-21-07, 10:10 PM
Is there a confirmed "skip year" for the CTS-V for 2008? Which would make the 2009 available the same time Chryslers 09 Hemi is. hmmmmm....
Unconfirmed, but wouldn't it make sense that cadillac would be tooting the horn of an all new CTS-V producing 500+ HP and weighing LESS than the outgoing model? I'm pretty sure the PR machine is gearing up for NEXT year's detroit auto show to debut this badazz mother Hemi-killer.

ZEUSROTTY
02-21-07, 10:11 PM
I Am Soooooooo Excited...

HushH
02-21-07, 10:19 PM
:anibs:

(Geez, my bottom hurts.)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/HushH/abovelol.gif

CVP33
02-21-07, 10:34 PM
I like that Chrysler is announcing it's numbers early. Hopefully this forces GM's hand. Not only to deliver on 500HP+, but to announce early and get the buzz started. The 2008 V interior is light years above the current model and the SRT-8 for that matter. Hopefully Chrysler will address this, but who knows.

As for the TQ speculation, I have no doubt that the 6.4L will come in somewhere around 475ft./lbs. (slightly above the Z06). If the CTS-V gets the Z06 motor, I'd expect 500hp even and 460ft/lbs. but who knows at this point.

I'm surprised about the curb weight reduction. Didn't expect the CTS-V to drop 250lbs. Did the base CTS see the same weight loss? Where is it coming from? More aluminum panels? Carbon fiber and balsa wood floors like the Z06?

When it comes to performance I'm not biased. I hope that both cars get MUCH better and MUCH faster. We're getting an M or AMG beater for pennies on the dollar! :thumbsup:

ChicagoCTS32
02-21-07, 11:45 PM
I'm surprised about the curb weight reduction. Didn't expect the CTS-V to drop 250lbs. Did the base CTS see the same weight loss? Where is it coming from? More aluminum panels? Carbon fiber and balsa wood floors like the Z06?

When it comes to performance I'm not biased. I hope that both cars get MUCH better and MUCH faster. We're getting an M or AMG beater for pennies on the dollar! :thumbsup:

Actually, the base CTS is up about 200 lbs. Maybe the V will be something completely different than just a CTS with a pushrod shoe-horned under the hood...

CVP33
02-21-07, 11:49 PM

WW

Hmmm. I need a PM if you can't disclose. That's quite a reduction.

Florian
02-21-07, 11:53 PM
I hope you understand how to administer self-sutures. F usually has to seal himself up...

I smell another thread merge...:stirpot:

Boy, oh boy, I go wandering for a night or so, and I get blasted....and yes, the scar tissue is just as sensitive!

F

wildwhl
02-22-07, 01:47 AM
CVP33 -

* = :lies:

Shit...I actually pulled the foreskin over your eye.

WW

Silver Dollar
02-23-07, 09:26 AM
Unconfirmed, but wouldn't it make sense that cadillac would be tooting the horn of an all new CTS-V ......

Ya know, there's a place called "llama land" where theres a guy with a one man band, and he'll toot his flute for you. Perhaps GM could hire him.

http://llamaland.ytmnd.com/

The Tony Show
02-23-07, 10:39 AM
^haha

I don't think it's too smart for anyone to hype a car too early, whether it be Chrysler or GM. Look what happened with the Solstice- Hype all over the place, road tests in the mags, billboards.....and no cars for six months. All the hype was dead by the time the car launched.

fcuk
02-23-07, 10:43 AM
^haha

I don't think it's too smart for anyone to hype a car too early, whether it be Chrysler or GM. Look what happened with the Solstice- Hype all over the place, road tests in the mags, billboards.....and no cars for six months. All the hype was dead by the time the car launched.

You know that the car is still selling over sticker right? The car sold out in minutes @ launch. If your selling the cars, who cares.

CanadianTS
02-25-07, 10:34 PM
^haha

Actually the Solstice sells quite well....it sold better then the Miata last year...which was its main competition.

lawfive
02-25-07, 11:03 PM
I certainly hope the 2008 CTS-V delivers as promised. Chrysler's 2009 SRT-8 Hemi grows to 6.4 liters and 505 horsepower. Available late 2008. What a great time to be an enthusiast.

That means it'll be in the Challenger :bouncy:

Jpjr
02-26-07, 06:25 AM
^haha

You might argue that the front-page news hype was lost, but it certainly wasn't lost for GM. I waited for my Solstice GXP for over 6 months before cancelling my order last Fall and going with an '06 CTS-V. It turns out I would have just gotten my Solstice this month... 10 months after ordering.

Jpjr
02-26-07, 06:30 AM
For what its worth I pray to God that the LS7 is an option and not standard on the new V. A hand built bored out small block will add another $10k to the cost of these cars.

Some people have jabbed at the interiors of the SRT vehicles... all I can say to that is you get what you pay for. If the new V has 500+ horsepower and comes out with a $60k+ sticker... I'll be headed to the Chrysler showrooms to see what 500hp at $50k looks like. The V has a delicate balancing act to play between M5 competitor and value.

japx
02-26-07, 08:38 AM
If Chrysler survives the RT8 can go to 500HP and as is the current model will weight in at over 4300 LBS(without gas and driver), and still is a LARGE car.... By 2009 when KIA purchases Chrysler 50HP will be the normal......

The Tony Show
02-26-07, 09:32 AM
You know that the car is still selling over sticker right? The car sold out in minutes @ launch. If your selling the cars, who cares.

Not where I am. The local dealers have Solstices sitting around on the lot.

I agree with "who cares if you're selling the cars" since that's what I do, but it still doens't help when the hype machine burns out long before the car is out.

NIK
02-26-07, 01:07 PM

WW

How much does your source say the next CTS-V will cost?

lawfive
02-26-07, 01:49 PM
$48,000*

(I can bs at least as well as Bill)

Koooop
02-26-07, 03:44 PM
$48,000*

(I can bs at least as well as Bill)

LawFive is full of it,

$48,192