: I'm in!!!

thefred
02-21-07, 06:37 PM
The CTS is history and now I am the proud owner of a 2006 Platinum/Ebony STS-V. It is one amazing car.

An extra special thank you to James at Lindsay Cadillac and Davidstan for their help in the process.

Since I purchased her used from a Chevy dealership that knew squat about the car, I have some questions...

The manual talks about adaptive cruise control and heads up display. I don't think either of these are on my car-were they actually options? I thought the car had no options.

Also, the shift from 1-2 seems a little rough. Is this typical or do I need to get it check out?

Also for you Atlanta STS-V people, what dealers know about these cars and have good service?

Thanks!

Davidstan
02-21-07, 08:17 PM
Congrats!!!! the 1 .. 2 shift is a little rough but that is the trans trying to adapt is the way i understand it. I only have 700 miles of experience so someone else may chime in.

Use Hennesey in Duluth and ask for Matt in service. they have been stand up during my ordeal. Good luck!

Eldo1953
02-21-07, 08:52 PM
Welcome!!! Yes the V did not have ACC or the HUD so that part of the manual would only apply to the reg. STS which has that stuff optional.

Kadonny
02-22-07, 09:19 AM
Congrats Fred! These cars rock.

As Eldo said, neither HUD or ACC were intsalled on the V cars. As for the 1-2 shift, my car shifts fine between 1 and 2 in either mode. Sport mode is a little rougher, but all the gears are in S mode.

Which mode are you talking about on your 1-2 shifts?

Enjoy the car, they are rockets. I love the car more and more each day.

RightTurn
02-22-07, 09:51 AM
TheFred--I have serious car-envy. Congrats on the new addition!! :thumbsup: