Cadillac Owners Forum banner

a bunch of problems

911 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  99Classillac 
#1 ·
I have a 99 Deville. Everytime i drive this car, I find something new. I did some searches and found my sway bar thing might be loose. But that's not my problem. I'm in NYC and recently it snowed. Snows gone but it left me with some problems. My traction control is overly precautious now. I had a traction control light. I cleared it, never came back. After that though, every time I leave a light, my traction control engages for a couple seconds. Pisses me off. And on top of that, everytime I'm at idle or turn off the car, I hear bubbles coming from under the dash, probably from heater coil. I checked though and the coil isn't leaking. I got air in the coolant system somehow. I did the headgasket leaking check when you take off the coolant cap and check for bubbles. No bubbles. I think I may have a leak somewhere though because I had to add coolant 2 weeks ago. How do I get these bubbles out of my coolant system. It sounds like an aquarium.

#8 ·
My '99 used to engage T/C very often when pulling away from a stop in wet and damp weather - it was a faulty wheel speed sensor. Never bothered to repair it. It didn't do it in dry weather though, so that sounds a bit of a puzzler...

#9 ·
Yea this thing irritates me. i stopped driving it and drive my impala now. i hate my impala but it doesn't have any problems because it's brand new. Got it for the wife. Shoulda bought another cadillac. But I checked codes again and no codes. It still engages the TC. It makes a bad clicking sound like something is rubbing and then the DIC says traction engaged. I checked tires, they are fine. I'm stumped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.