: Roof Rack...ski, bike, or otherwise

RunningOnEMT
02-21-07, 12:50 PM
Alright so i'll probably get shot for making this post but, whatever!

I go snowboarding a fair amount, and mountainbiking in the summer. I HAD roofracks for both sports that would fit on my mustang and my GTI. I tried to put both on this morning to put up my snowboard and skis, and no luck.

My old ones clip into the doorframe right below the driprails.

Does anyone know of a roofrack that will fit on the CTS/CTS-V that doesnt require permanent mounting?

a :alchi: to the first person that can hook me up with a link or a product name
(just ask WW, i'm good for it!)

I NEEEDS IT!!!

valdeztke
02-21-07, 01:15 PM
http://ask.metafilter.com/24235/Whats-the-easiesttouse-nonscratch-bike-rack-for-my-new-car

valdeztke
02-21-07, 01:18 PM
http://www.orsracksdirect.com/cadillac-allen-bike-racks.html

ctsvett
02-21-07, 11:57 PM
how about using the rear seat pass through for your board?

Reed

LV_V
02-22-07, 03:37 AM
Is this the CTS-V forum or Escalade forum?? hehe j/k

02-22-07, 06:13 AM
drawitite makes a trailer hitch for the CTS, which you can install and then use any of the hitch-racks. I am not 100% sure whether they work on the V due to the exhaust, but that is easy to confirm.

Also...I think both Thule and Yakima sell systems where you can mount little faux "rails" inside of the door jmbs, and then use those rails to mount the "foot" models of their racks. There is always a chance though that you will scratch the paint with the rubber feet, but I was careful with my mustangs and never had a problem. There are also a number of trunk mounted racks, but I never liked those.

As stated earlier, a snowboard or two will easily fit in the pass-through....or do you "need" seating for more than 3 people?

theloanman219
02-22-07, 06:47 AM
can I ask ad dumb question? Is your V 4wheel drive. Because I can barely drive mine in the rain here in florida!

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 07:21 AM
drawitite makes a trailer hitch for the CTS, which you can install and then use any of the hitch-racks. I am not 100% sure whether they work on the V due to the exhaust, but that is easy to confirm.

Also...I think both Thule and Yakima sell systems where you can mount little faux "rails" inside of the door jmbs, and then use those rails to mount the "foot" models of their racks. There is always a chance though that you will scratch the paint with the rubber feet, but I was careful with my mustangs and never had a problem. There are also a number of trunk mounted racks, but I never liked those.

As stated earlier, a snowboard or two will easily fit in the pass-through....or do you "need" seating for more than 3 people?

was trying to fit 4 people....

RunningOnEMT
02-22-07, 07:22 AM
can I ask ad dumb question? Is your V 4wheel drive. Because I can barely drive mine in the rain here in florida!

its my DD... i drive it everywhere

theloanman219
02-22-07, 07:25 AM
:worship:

CTSV04
02-22-07, 10:36 AM
I also Mountain Bike and bought a removable bike rack from Cadillac. Works great! Installs inside the door frame (holes are pre-drilled).
Happy trails!