: Driveshaft Clunk on 07 AWD

nbomar
02-21-07, 11:20 AM
I have a "clunk" on my 07 lade' AWD when i take off from a dead stop. It will also "clunk" when you come to a stop. It doesn't always do it immediately at the stop. Sometimes you'll be sitting at a red light stopped and it will eventually "clunk". It feel like a set a worn out bushing on a ladder bar setup kind of. I didn't notice it when I first got the vehicle but it's bothering me now. I know alot of the older GM trucks had this problem but I never researched a fix.....

:hmm:

hcvone
02-21-07, 11:49 AM
Have not had that on my 07's

outofdablue
02-21-07, 12:06 PM
I believe the clunking has to do with the slip yolk in the driveshaft. In the past, they would just "lube" the slip yolk for a temporary fix, but on the old body style, they came out with an updated part. I really don't know if they have an updated part for the 07's yet. I would insist on a new part and not the temporary fix. The temporary fix would only last about a month and then you would get the clunking again. Hope this helps.

nbomar
02-21-07, 12:33 PM
Thanks, I'll check with the dealer and see if they have a fix for this. Good to know the information before walking in there though....

hcvone
02-23-07, 12:57 PM
Here is the info for 07's with driveshaft clunk

Part # CVN# Discription

24242131 0000793B - New calibration to improve driveline clunk.