Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any mechanics in NYC/Queens/LI?

849 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Tommy Deville 
#1 ·
OK. So 751 dollars for a starter at the dealership. Too much?

I'd rather help out an honest mechanic. Anyone here in NYC or QUeens able to work on an 02 ETC if needed? Or know of a good private shop?

G
#2 ·
Given the price they charged you for the starter, $751 may not be too bad of a price for a dealer.. I know people who have had work done at Richter's in Ridgewood, NJ, I know its a bit of a ride but they are honest. I am on Long Islandl and only use mechanics as a last resort but don't have any to recommend.

#3 ·
The starter is UNDER the intake manifold on the northstars. Why is it there? I don't know, so your price isn't that bad. Its somewhat involved to actually get down to it to replace it. If you want to make the trip to central NJ theres a shop called modern performance thats one of the best in the state.

#7 ·
That price is insane. I'm not mechanically inclined at all but recently I had to prop up my intake to clean my phenolic spacers and the starter was staring right at me. The whole time I was thinking how it seemed pretty easy to replace. Let me know if you find a good tri-state shop, I'm tired of driving up to New Paltz to see my mechanic. :alchi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.