: Considering trading ($) my stock chromed rims for stock rims!

rgd
02-20-07, 11:37 PM
I have a set of stock rims just chromed and I'm thinking of selling them or trading/selling them for a set of un-chromed rims. The reason is I have recently decided to use my car as a track only car. The chromed rims are heavier and I dont want to waste the good looks.

I am open to either sell them if the price is right and/or trade/sell them. Trade/sell means you send your stock finished and some $ for my rims.

if anybody is interested let me know.

Thanks,

rgd

RunningOnEMT
02-20-07, 11:39 PM
how much extra are you looking to get... i could do this!

rgd
02-21-07, 12:06 AM
PM Sent

how much extra are you looking to get... i could do this!

Tags63
02-21-07, 01:57 PM
RGD:

Hey!! Wondering what you're looking to get for them?? Not interested in a trade. Also a couple of questions; Are they in mint condition and these are from the factory correct/ not an aftermarket dip??

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

50 4Ever
02-21-07, 02:16 PM
I've got 5 extra stock rims and was thinking of getting 4 of them chromed. I would be interested in a trade if they aren't gone already. One I bought for a spare (sitting in garage, sure does a lot of good) and the four off my V when I bought the chromed ones.

I could throw them in the truck and drive over and let you pick the 4 you want.

Let me know.

Doug

The Tony Show
02-21-07, 05:23 PM
RGD:

Hey!! Wondering what you're looking to get for them?? Not interested in a trade. Also a couple of questions; Are they in mint condition and these are from the factory correct/ not an aftermarket dip??

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They must be aftermarket dipped, because Cadillac never offered chrome wheels on a CTS-V. Still a good looking wheel from pics I've seen on the forum.

Seattle CTS-V
02-21-07, 08:55 PM
I have chromed stock wheels. My dealer had them chromed aftermarket. How much more do they really weigh though? I track my car and really doubt the weight from the chrome leads to any significant loss of performance. How much can it really be - 1-2lbs per wheel?

Now, going to light-weight racing wheels WILL make a difference from the reduced rotation mass. But now you're talking about 10-12lbs of weight difference per wheel/tire combo.

I think the chromed stock wheels on a black car look amazing. Night and day difference from the stock appearance, IMHO.